Options

Russell Grant offered a job

2»

Comments

• Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as Grant's main "skill" is to perform Astrological readings, is there any chance he's being lined up for a segment dedicated to that drivel? I sincerely hope the BBC isn't going to promote the thoroughly discredited pseudoscience of Astrology.
  • Options
    dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hosting and dancing on the SCD cruise !
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hosting and dancing on the SCD cruise !

one can hope!

its something that I would never be able to afford to go on so yes please, stick him on a cruise ship for eternity :D
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all hang around like a bad smell. It's over, let go.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if Claudia is bowing out.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe FUNNITY FUN will also be part of the show too :o:o :D:D:D ???
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Wonder if Claudia is bowing out.

Don't say such things, even in jest! :o:cry::o

I think Russell might have some kind of permanent red-button gig going, or perhaps as the compere for the Strictly tour.
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    It does annoy me that people like Lisa and Russell, fun as they were at the time (to an extent...), have been rammed into the role of "People's Champion/Favourite", getting presenting roles and massively overdo it, when someone calm and personable like Sophie Ellis Bextor, Deborah Meaden, or even Matt Baker would do a much better job - Sophie would geek out cutely, Deborah came across as though she really loved dance, and Matt has actual presenting chops...
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I think it is probably that he is hosting and dancing on the BBC strictly cruise as Dmolyneaux pointed out already in a post further up the page.

https://twitter.com/therussellgrant/status/619092671353761792
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    Don't say such things, even in jest! :o:cry::o

I think Russell might have some kind of permanent red-button gig going, or perhaps as the compere for the Strictly tour.

I really wouldn't mind if he replaced Claudia.
    I'm sorry but I just can't 'take' to her at all.:(
    Zoe was, for me at least, much more likeable.:D

btw I like Lisa too.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I think it is probably that he is hosting and dancing on the BBC strictly cruise as Dmolyneaux pointed out already in a post further up the page.

Saw this on the above link. :)

''P&O Cruises ‏@pandocruises Jul 9

@THERussellGrant @bbcstrictly We can't wait to have you join us Russell #Britannia''

Guess that's it.
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this on the above link. :)

''P&O Cruises ‏@pandocruises Jul 9

@THERussellGrant @bbcstrictly We can't wait to have you join us Russell #Britannia''

Guess that's it.

Wouldn't the contracts for a cruise have been sorted out ages ago though? I stil think his tweets suggest something in the main show or ITT unfortunately:( Although, he is 'slightly' more bearable than Funnity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Wouldn't the contracts for a cruise have been sorted out ages ago though? I stil think his tweets suggest something in the main show or ITT unfortunately:( Although, he is 'slightly' more bearable than Funnity.

Who the heck is Funnity? :confused::blush:
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa Riley aka Funnity Fun Fun Fun :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa Riley aka Funnity Fun Fun Fun :o

Thank you.:)

I liked her btw.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa Riley seems like a lovely lady but I found her annoying and grating on ITT:blush::blush:. I hope she doesn't make a comeback this year.
    Happy to see Russell still doing well though. .. business wise:cool:
  • Options
    EadfrithEadfrith Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Floor buffer?
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they need a past contestant why don't they call on Gethin Jones? Much more appealing than either Lisa Riley or Russell Grant.
  • Options
    gerry23gerry23 Posts: 403
    Forum Member

Cruise appearances for B (or below!) list celebrities are frequently left until quite late. They know they can get hold of them cheaply at the 11th hour if they're still out of work. Celebrity gets a free cruise (+ they can usually take a guest with them for free), gets the exposure and an ego boost and it costs the cruise line next to nothing.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »

hmm, Im not convinced :) I have a feeling he is going to pop up somewhere on the main show or It Takes Two

he has changed his twitter profile pic to the SCD logo.........
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    If this is true, then for me, this programme is nearing its "sell by date."

That's the BBC all over, they can't leave things alone.

It used to be a "must watch programme." For the last few years I recorded it, mostly to skip through the old codger's involvement, but last year, I just watched the interesting bits, that's the dancing.

I completely agree. I used to absolutely love Strictly but the BBC are changing it too much. They need to ditch the "comedy" scripted VTs too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    If they need a past contestant why don't they call on Gethin Jones? Much more appealing than either Lisa Riley or Russell Grant.

Gethin is now doing the ITT version of Dancing with the Stars since earlier this year ; much to my surprise really.

I mean he seemed really pleasant and got better as the weeks went on but it seemed like such a step down from me.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A step down? Really? I can think of several presenters who would give a couple of limbs and their eye teeth to have such exposure on American TV.
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    A step down? Really? I can think of several presenters who would give a couple of limbs and their eye teeth to have such exposure on American TV.

I don't think it is on TV - I believe DWTS 'All Access' is an online show. I suppose its a 'way in' though and could lead to other things.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

not only are the BBC insistant in shoving Lisa Bloody Riley at us at every given opportunity they are now shoving Russell Grant at us too

why?

why cant past contestants be just that - PAST contestants >:(

The reason for the long lasting popularity of Peoples Champions like Russell, Lisa and Anne is because they are remembered fondly by the majority of Strictly Come Dancing fans at a time when the show was at its peak and will therefore always be featured in the show in one way or another in the future, I'm looking forward to seeing Russell again, there aren't many with a sense of humour about now unfortunately, thats why Sir Brucie is so badly missed.