Wild At Heart

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,181
    Forum Member
    Going to miss the relationship of Anders and Caroline.
  • KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    That ending was so emotional :cry: It ended at the right time but I will miss it
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Going to miss the relationship of Anders and Caroline.

Yes it was good to see Hayley Mills again.
    Forum Member
    Beautiful way to end it, the family all together and Anders looking out across his domain.

Now what they should do is bring the whole family to the UK....
  • kandrews8098kandrews8098 Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Brilliant
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tears rolled down my face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Aww so sad to see it all end :( I have watched every single episode since 2006 glad to see we didn't see Dup actually die
  • CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Boy did that make me cry. What a lovely ending
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A wonderful ending to a beautiful show, light hearted family drama. A very emotional ending, the perfect ending. I now know the reason for the title Wild at Heart.

Ander's is "Wild at Heart" :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand it. So fake. As if living in Africa is like that.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

And mine :cry:
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful ending - so bloody sad though. Sat here crying my eyes out!

Thought it very fitting and very well done :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I loved the plane scene :D
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Aww so sad to see it all end :( I have watched every single episode since 2006 glad to see we didn't see Dup actually die
    CLA29 wrote: »
    Boy did that make me cry. What a lovely ending
    A wonderful ending to a beautiful show, light hearted family drama. A very emotional ending, the perfect ending. I now know the reason for the title Wild at Heart.

Ander's is "Wild at Heart" :cry:
    hansue wrote: »
    And mine :cry:
    Squishy wrote: »
    Beautiful ending - so bloody sad though. Sat here crying my eyes out!

Thought it very fitting and very well done :)

Thank you. Yes.

In real life, the tears don't always come, but just that moment, the end of the programme, without seeing the end of Anders, just did it.:cry:

A perfect end. Thank you.
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Repeating all the eps on itv3 from 14th jan gonna give them a watch
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very moving ending, had tears in my eyes, but glad we didnt actually see Dup die ! Loved Wild At Heart, perfect sunday night telly,a good ending to a brilliant series, nothing else like it on telly. will really miss it, nice of them to show it all again on ITV 3 though.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quofan wrote: »
    Same weak storyline every week (or seemed like it!) and the guy who played the lead part has to be the worst actor on TV. So wooden. Coupled with the South African guy it made painful TV.I'm not surprised ITV is axing it.

Someone who finally agrees with me, Tomkinson is so rubbish from that priest thing to this he does the same wooden acting in the same accent with same delivery
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my missus loves/loved it, i would say to her i as i walked to the comp each time it was on 'wonder which animal will get a thorn in its paw this week' cynical i know but i truly thought it was awful
    Forum Member
    Strict wrote: »
    Can't stand it. So fake. As if living in Africa is like that.

Erm its supposed to be fake, it's fictional.

I found the fact that they used the same animals every week endearing, episode 1 this cheetah has got a bad leg. Episode 2 this cheetah has a bad ear. Episode 3 this cheetah has got a bad tail. We were supposed to be oblivious to it but it was obvious! Yes they did use the same plots a lot, but so did Heartbeat and that was a lot less original than wild at heart was.
  • freckle59freckle59 Posts: 42,993
    Forum Member
    Well I loved it. I spent my early years in Africa and I treated it as the lighthearted, frothy drama it was supposed to be. Beautiful scenery, a good 'family' feel to it. I don't care if the acting was wooden, if the plots were thin or predictable, or if those who probably enjoy something 'more worthy' didn't enjoy it. It ran for many years and had high viewing figures and my parents and my son enjoyed it so it transcended generations. Very few tv programmes can do that. For me it beat the miserable depressive soaps that seem to be on every channel every bluddy night into a cocked hat with its upbeat and hopeful message. Always had a smile on my face at some stage of the programme. Even if it was a wry one :D

I was blubbing at the end - it felt like I was losing Africa and losing some close friends at the same time.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm gutted that it's now ended. I have always loved the programme and like you, I've watched every single episode. After reading the synopsis of the last episode a week or so ago, I guessed that it would end with him dying, and I knew it was going to be emotional, but I'm glad we didn't actually see his death.

RIP Dup and RIP Wild at Heart. I shall miss you. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Erm its supposed to be fake, it's fictional.

I found the fact that they used the same animals every week endearing, episode 1 this cheetah has got a bad leg. Episode 2 this cheetah has a bad ear. Episode 3 this cheetah has got a bad tail. We were supposed to be oblivious to it but it was obvious! Yes they did use the same plots a lot, but so did Heartbeat and that was a lot less original than wild at heart was.

:eek: wait til i tell my missus it was same animal every week, can feel another row brewing :p
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Someone who finally agrees with me, Tomkinson is so rubbish from that priest thing to this he does the same wooden acting in the same accent with same delivery

Opposite way round at our's. I hate it, hubby loves it so I did watch tonight. I thought Anders 'death' was ridiculous, like someone would know they were about to die and then climb a blooming mountain whilst his wife and best friend were celebrating a wedding. Melodrama at it's worst for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheers for that sixty i can really piss her off and tell her the ending now :p
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Now that Dawn Steele is free from this show they should do a "Monarch of the Glen" reunion episode, anybody agree? I adored that show when it was on 10 years ago. Lexie was so much better a character than Alice.