The Ratings Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not good for The Voice, especially when you consider Britain's Got Talent can get 9m at 7pm on a nice day. The scheduling always lets it down.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    So year by year comparisons: The Voice was up 1.5million from the equivalent weekend last year: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a383795/eurovision-song-contest-overpowers-england-norway-match-in-ratings.html

Wasn't that the all-time-low though?
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,213
    Forum Member
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    Wasn't that the all-time-low though?

It was actually.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    After reading though this thread yesterday and today I have decided to pack it all in for at least now anyway. Most of the posts nowadays are total rubbish and it seems I joined DS way to late. When I was reading through 5-6 years ago it was really professional.

Now it's been taken over by a load off pathetic kids who just ague and annoy each other day after day. There are still the odd professional around for which I am most certainly not one of them. Maybe I am part of the problem?

But I have had enough of it all and it's time to call it a day. As the great explorer Robert Falcon Scott said "I am just going outside and may be some time".

Good buy all! :D

Ken
    All the best mate.
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Not good for The Voice, especially when you consider Britain's Got Talent can get 9m at 7pm on a nice day. The scheduling always lets it down.

You've also got to consider the ratings BGT was pulling in in it's second series, and the weather. The final that year fell on a hot day, yet still pulled in 11m (51%) and 13.1m (55%) for both shows.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Neil, do you have the Sky F1 ratings for yesterday? Preferably Qualifying (12:00 to 15:05 with peak) and GP2 (15:05 to 16:10)? Thanks :)

My access has been restricted (already) so I only have averages:

12:00 - F1: Grand Prix Qualifying: 413k (6.2%)
    15:05 - GP2 2013 Race: 53.5k (0.7%)

Remind me tomorrow and I might be able to get the peaks.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SSL2010 wrote: »
    Perhaps your right to some extent. But the football fans were out in full force for the CL final by me last night. To say most didn't want to watch could be misleading. A cracking atmosphere with most backing BVB rather vocally I'd like to add. Seemed to be geniune saddness for the german underdogs.

Easy to forget the millions that watch it in a pub, if there was some way of recording those numbers etc, the figure would of been nearer, somewhere betwen 7-10 million imo. Itv are probably more then aware of that anyway.

I suppose it depends on the style of pub and the event status of the game, Iv been in places where tv's are beaming away showing games that very few people are paying attention to. Id guess not everyone was glued to a set for last nights game.
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    My access has been restricted (already) so I only have averages:

12:00 - F1: Grand Prix Qualifying: 413k (6.2%)
    15:05 - GP2 2013 Race: 53.5k (0.7%)

Remind me tomorrow and I might be able to get the peaks.

How did CITV's early morning schedule do?

Also, some ratings from Friday: Friday Download on CBBC (5-6pm) and The Wizards Return on Disney Channel (6-7pm). Thanks in advance. :)
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks as always Neil. :)
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    After reading though this thread yesterday and today I have decided to pack it all in for at least now anyway. Most of the posts nowadays are total rubbish and it seems I joined DS way to late. When I was reading through 5-6 years ago it was really professional.

Now it's been taken over by a load off pathetic kids who just ague and annoy each other day after day. There are still the odd professional around for which I am most certainly not one of them. Maybe I am part of the problem?

But I have had enough of it all and it's time to call it a day. As the great explorer Robert Falcon Scott said "I am just going outside and may be some time".

Good buy all! :D

Ken

Don't go Ken!

Can I suggest the ratings thread on Gallifrey Base instead. A few of us are there and isn't as full with BBC v ITV debates as it is here. It's where the idea for this thread came from too.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do the SS1 football figures include SS1HD and Sky 3D?
  • pdwillpdwill Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the comparison. BGT is arguably the biggest show on British TV at the moment. Every show will compare badly to it if compared. The question that is perhaps more relevant is whether the BBC has any show in its Saturday arsenal (with the exception of SCD) that could do better. I would argue that at present they don't and so in that context The Voice is a success.
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    You've also got to consider the ratings BGT was pulling in in it's second series, and the weather. The final that year fell on a hot day, yet still pulled in 11m (51%) and 13.1m (55%) for both shows.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    Thank you. This is a little strange that itv extended their lead over sky yesterday because isnt the trend over last few years for sky to close the gap on itv?

I guess ITV will be pretty please with the 5/1 gap - as it means a fair few Sky Sports subscribers chose to watch the game on ITV1.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Seemingly behind The Graham Norton Show from Friday (if they are ranking in order of popularity) :eek:

That was a great episode though in fairness you should really watch it
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Healthy rating for the CL final. Cracking game.

The Voice...just be done with it. It simply does not work. Nothing but glorified karaoke, muppet judges, flop contestants and ex pop stars who if this did not exist would be 25th in the Eurovision final. Two hours of this crap is too much.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see you go Ken, but all the best mate. Hope like a soap character, you are due for a comeback.

That being said, The Voice's ratings were expected, given that they were facing warm weather and the champions league. It all depends on next week and whether this new format can hold viewers, or even better, increase them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good rating for the Voice UK once again, getting 30pct share which is the same as last week. Unfortunately it had an early start last night, the Bank holiday and warm weather dented the raw rating. But 30pct share is better than everything apart from Eastenders on bbc1 this week.

You didn't watch it though Samuel shame on you :(:D
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    I can't do +1s at the moment, and the teatime national news and a few kids' shows are missing.

ITV (exc +1)
    06:00-06:15 - CITV: Special Agent Oso: 3k (0.3%)
    06:25 - CITV: The Hive (r): 16.5k (1.1%)
    06:55 - CITV: Dino Dan (r): 26k (1.1%)
    07:25 - CITV: Almost Naked Animals (r): 91k (2.8%)
    08:00 - CITV: Jessie: 96k (2.0%)
    08:30 - Dinner Date (r): 171k (2.9%)
    09:25 - The Jeremy Kyle Show USA (r): 188k (3.0%)
    10:15 - My Tasty Travels with Lynda Bellingham (r): 118k (1.9%)
    11:15 - Saturday Farm : 139k (2.3%)
    12:15 - ITV News: 278k (4.6%)
    12:30 - All Star Mr and Mrs (r): 386k (5.7%)
    13:30 - River Monsters (r): 302k (4.4%)
    14:30 - The Chase (r): 514k (7.5%)
    15:30 - Midsomer Murders (r): 691k (8.4%)
    17:30 - ITV Regional News: 1.26m (11.95%)
    18:00 - You've Been Framed! Full Throttle (r): 1.95m (14.7%)
    19:00 - UEFA Champions League Final: 3.48m (17.7%)
    * peak: 5.75m (27.3%) at 21:30
    22:20 - ITV News: 1.52m (8.6%)
    22:35 - FILM: Crank (2006): 853k (7.5%)
    24:10 - Jackpot247 (to 26:00): 119k (2.8%)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Healthy rating for the CL final. Cracking game.

The Voice...just be done with it. It simply does not work. Nothing but glorified karaoke, muppet judges, flop contestants and ex pop stars who if this did not exist would be 25th in the Eurovision final. Two hours of this crap is too much.

Lol what a load of crap I highly doubt the BBC would let a show go that is getting those kind of figures. And the people comparing it to BGT are mad am sure everyone knows BGT is one of the biggest shows on TV, and has been around for years where as the Voice is only on its second series. Plus if the Voice was getting that 30% share it got yestaday as others have said would easily have been around the 8mil mark in the winter so just goes to show the difference the time of year can make on certain shows :)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible Histories has been axed after one more series and a World War One special next year - Sunday Express
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV was really bad last night lucky there was lots of stuff to catch up on my planner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV was really bad last night lucky there was lots of stuff to catch up on my planner.

Looks like you where one of the few that didn't like it as most on the thread seem to have really enjoyed it. Plus how do you know it was that bad if you where catching up with stuff on your planner :confused:
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a great episode though in fairness you should really watch it
    I did watch it yesterday, well, a good chunk of it, until I got fed up with Will Smith & his son, amongst other things. Really did not appeal to me at all (which is unusual for GN)
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol what a load of crap I highly doubt the BBC would let a show go that is getting those kind of figures. And the people comparing it to BGT are mad am sure everyone knows BGT is one of the biggest shows on TV, and has been around for years where as the Voice is only on its second series. Plus if the Voice was getting that 30% share it got yestaday as others have said would easily have been around the 8mil mark in the winter so just goes to show the difference the time of year can make on certain shows :)

The thing is SamuelW was always comparing The Voice to BGT last year when it began to rise, and this year when it began to increase, but now its dropped again the comparisons have stopped from him. I wonder why?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Horrible Histories has been axed after one more series and a World War One special next year - Sunday Express

Hardly surprising given that, in April, the writer stated that he would not be writing any more Horrible Histories books:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22000601
This discussion has been closed.