Donald Trump - is there something wrong with him?

Comments

• MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A democrat needs to win. The Republicans belong in the Dark Ages.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote: »
    A democrat needs to win. The Republicans belong in the Dark Ages.

Bit harsh on the Anglo-Saxons and Norseman. Don't you mean they belong in the Neolithic Age

(Interesting aside: There is no such thing as Vikings - to go Viking was an activity not a race of people. Further there is no such thing as the Dark Ages - and they should now be known as the Middle Ages - Oh and Vikings did not wear Horned Helmets)
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trump is sociopathic like too many top business folk / politicians. Folks on the more extreme right mistake sociopathy for strong leadership. Look at the idolisation currently going of Putin by parts of UKIP. Go read the comments under DM articles.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've suspected for a while he might just be Gary Busey on the trololo. Now I hope that's actually true, but I'm starting to think he's real.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit harsh on the Anglo-Saxons and Norseman. Don't you mean they belong in the Neolithic Age

(Interesting aside: There is no such thing as Vikings - to go Viking was an activity not a race of people. Further there is no such thing as the Dark Ages - and they should now be known as the Middle Ages - Oh and Vikings did not wear Horned Helmets)

I thought the Middle Ages were pretty much between 1066 and 1485
  • Another POVAnother POV Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    Can you imagine if that muppet actually became the US president? It doesn't bear thinking about :o

Would you prefer Hillary as POTUS? :o
  • mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    Does the fact that I had a crush on Sarah Palin make me a bad guy? :confused:

Got any pics you can send me? Then I can comment
  • mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member

"I did not have sex with that woman"
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I thought the Middle Ages were pretty much between 1066 and 1485

Started with the fall of the Western Roman Empire in the 5th Century and lasted to the 15th with the emergence of the Renaissance.

My comment was more a (bad?) joke on what I think of the current crop of Republican candidates - but then the last half way decent Republican president previously paid second fiddle to a B-Movie Actor (George Bush Snr - Vice President Under Ronald Reagan - the B-Movie Actor).

(Another totally pointless but interesting point - Constantinople (present day Istanbul) fell in May 1453. So pretty much the Middle Ages are bookended by the fall of the two sides of the Roman Empire)
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    On all the latest polls he is pretty much ahead everywhere and with everyone. Other candidates rise and fall but Trump stays solid. He is also 5 per cent ahead of Hilary on the latest head to head poll.

The US public is angry and disillusioned - forty percent more people think it's on the wrong vs the right track and seem to be sick of career politicians like the Bushes and Clintons.

We will see if it lasts but if he does win the nomination and wins the Presidency I look forward to the reaction on here.:D

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
  • MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've Been Trumped is a documentary worth watching to see his capitalist bulldozing in action. It highlights the tactics used by Trump while building the Trump International Golf Course in Balmedie, Aberdeenshire to silence local objections.
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well if it's a choice between Clinton and Trump, yeah. Hillary is fairly normal, Trump is a loon. Can you imagine him attempting diplomacy? Dear god.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Morlock wrote: »
    You've Been Trumped is a documentary worth watching to see his capitalist bulldozing in action. It highlights the tactics used by Trump while building the Trump International Golf Course in Balmedie, Aberdeenshire to silence local objections.

So he is tough and doesn't mess about.

Maybe Putin might have more respect for him than he has for Obama.
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anyone has ever watched the apprentice, they will know this guy is a total liability.

this guy is not diplomatic, he has no charm.

a rich brat who thinks everyone should dance to his tune.
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    It's a deliberate ploy. Every time he says something outrageous and non-PC his poll numbers go up, hence the need to keep being more and more outrageous. The GOP is hostage to an increasingly extreme base and Trump is exploiting their anger about political correctness and their fury at establishment conservatives who've been f*cking them over for decades.

Trump's not even the worst of it. The guy in second place in the polls, the world's stupidest brain surgeon, is a 7th Day Adventist with a hard-on for Armageddon.

This is all just the preliminary dance card though, a chance for the chancers like Trump and Carson to make some money selling books and autographs to the base while the going is good. At this point in the 2012 cycle we still had to go through the circus of Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich's rise in the polls/book tours, before the Money came into play and establishment candidate Mitt Romney took the nomination.

This race will be settled in the Spring when the Koch Brothers give their war chest to whichever of JEB!, Ted or Marco* they finally decide is most likely to get them their man in the White House.

Then the American people can finally choose whether to elect the Wall St candidate or the Koch candidate as President.

* It's possible a new candidate could yet emerge. Perhaps even more so because of the current lacklustre field.
  • RepublicOfYorksRepublicOfYorks Posts: 3,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    So he is tough and doesn't mess about.

Maybe Putin might have more respect for him than he has for Obama.

The relationship between Putin and Trump would be the same as between Putin and Erdogan of Turkey.

Trump claims that he would 'get on with Putin' because they are very similar, maybe that might be the case for a few months in comparison with Obama (whom Putin loathes), but as soon as one small incident ruffles the US-Russia relationship, as it certainly would do, it would instantly become far more dangerous than it need be.

Look at how the Turkey-Russia plane shoot-down is turning out - it's now becoming a case of 'you apologise', 'NO, YOU apologise', tit-for-tat sanctions and no sign of a climbdown from either Putin or Erdogan. They are so similar, neither has the capability to compromise for the good of everybody... impose this onto a Putin-Trump relationship in which both countries have massive nuclear arsenals, controlled ultimately by these two men, and the situation becomes immeasurably more dangerous.

I could quite easily see Donald Trump sleepwalking into a catastrophic war for his own ego. The world situation is difficult enough without this. It would be best if the US President was at least someone used to making deals in the Senate or Congress and finding compromise - as JFK was - than a businessman who is at best, sociopathic, at worst, mentally ill, who isn't used to people saying no to him.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect the difference between the Don and a politician, is that the Don will get things done.
  • The BrainThe Brain Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect the difference between the Don and a politician, is that the Don will get things done.

You do realise that merely 'getting things done' can result in pretty much any outcome, ranging from very good to appalling (eg genocide)? It's not a virtue in itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The relationship between Putin and Trump would be the same as between Putin and Erdogan of Turkey.

Trump claims that he would 'get on with Putin' because they are very similar, maybe that might be the case for a few months in comparison with Obama (whom Putin loathes), but as soon as one small incident ruffles the US-Russia relationship, as it certainly would do, it would instantly become far more dangerous than it need be.

Look at how the Turkey-Russia plane shoot-down is turning out - it's now becoming a case of 'you apologise', 'NO, YOU apologise', tit-for-tat sanctions and no sign of a climbdown from either Putin or Erdogan. They are so similar, neither has the capability to compromise for the good of everybody... impose this onto a Putin-Trump relationship in which both countries have massive nuclear arsenals, controlled ultimately by these two men, and the situation becomes immeasurably more dangerous.

I could quite easily see Donald Trump sleepwalking into a catastrophic war for his own ego. The world situation is difficult enough without this. It would be best if the US President was at least someone used to making deals in the Senate or Congress and finding compromise - as JFK was - than a businessman who is at best, sociopathic, at worst, mentally ill, who isn't used to people saying no to him.

Trump: no he won't. JFK took the US to the brink over the Cuban Missiles, knowing that Russia would back down. Where was the compromise there? They will always back down against the US. That's why the US have deterrents.

And Turkey-Russia
    Putin is already showing his diplomatic good sense: Jaw-Jaw is better than War-War. What do you want Putin to do? Wipe Turkey out? Erdogan 100% should apologise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Brain wrote: »
    You do realise that merely 'getting things done' can result in pretty much any outcome, ranging from very good to appalling (eg genocide)? It's not a virtue in itself.

see my #45

do you really think Trump could become a billionaire businessman without a finally honed judgment of when to negotiate and when not to?

Why is a lawyer a better choice for a president than a businessman?
  • The BrainThe Brain Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    see my #45

do you really think Trump could become a billionaire businessman without a finally honed judgment of when to negotiate and when not to?

I'll see your #45 and raise you #20. He inherited his father's money and invested it pretty poorly.
  • alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope your political bias isnt getting in the way of logic and reason. Yes Hilary would be a bad President. But Trump is beyond dangerous and beyond stupid. So if its one or other then definitely Hilary. Luckily it should turn out to be neither
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Republicans are in serious decline because the younger generation are turning against them in droves.

This clip from Saturday Night Live is typical of the growing anti Trump bandwagon.

Someone asked above would Clinton be better than Trump. You are kidding me. 1000% yes. And that says more about Trump than Clinton.

Anyway here's the clip

http://youtu.be/05rTAZ7SD0c
  • simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The popbitch mailout has an interesting piece on why Trump is so popular (in comparison with Rob Ford) I'm not sure of the etiquette in reposting it here though.
  • Another POVAnother POV Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfamale wrote: »
    I hope your political bias isnt getting in the way of logic and reason. Yes Hilary would be a bad President. But Trump is beyond dangerous and beyond stupid. So if its one or other then definitely Hilary. Luckily it should turn out to be neither

Nope, I'm just biased as Hillary stinks of Jewish campaign money to the point she's a glove puppet for the rich Ashkenazi Jews who control America, and would be just be a PR mouth piece for them if she actually became POTUS.

As for the others, here's a list, so pick your POTUS. But remember you'd have him/her for 4 to 5 years.

http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm