Options

Buried

lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
Forum Member
Anyone seen this film? It is Incredibly tense! The ending was such a surprise too. Here's a link to the trailer for anyone considering watching it, I highly recommend you do. (Unless you're claustrophobic!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Yyhxq56Xg

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film split opinion a lot. I personally really liked it and like the ending to. It also gave the audience a bit to speculate.

I think no matter what you can't deny it's VERY well filmed.
  • Options
    tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Theres another film called "brake" which is very similar, not sure if its out in the uk yet.
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    It was ok until the predictable bullshit ending, which tainted the entire film in my eyes.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this movie and didn't expect the ending we were given. One man in a box for a good hour and a half and i was hooked. Sad ending imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ok until the predictable bullshit ending, which tainted the entire film in my eyes.

There could only be two endings. He gets out... or he doesn't.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this in the cinema and was ont eh edge of my seat through out, my heart was racing at the end and i left feeling so sad, played on my mind for abit afterwards, don't think i'd watch it again though to be honest, too depressing
  • Options
    themrdanjamesthemrdanjames Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so looking forward to seeing it but didnt enjoy it that much tbh. Not a bad film but not great either.

Imo "Phonebooth" with Colin Farrell is a much tenser film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There could only be two endings. He gets out... or he doesn't.

Exactly and I'm kind of glad he didn't get out. I mean I was willing/hoping he would but i'm glad they didn't do the Hollywood ending where he gets out and everything is fine, continues with normal life, blah blah blah.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Has Buried been on tv yet? It should have shown up on Sky Movies by now. Has it been bought by another channel like Syfy?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved every minute of it. I was absolutely hooked from the start and when the ending played out, I was doing my nut. Probably helped by the fact that when I saw it at the cinema, there was only me and someone else there and he was sitting right at the back :)

When ..
    the big reveal was that the person racing to help him was at the wrong location, I lost it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it was an excellent watch once film.

Maybe Blu Ray could exploit its possibilities with movies like this- film two (or more for some movies) endings and the player shows a random one. So each time you watch, it's a surprise how it finishes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Has Buried been on tv yet?

it be on film 4 soon. they show them on there first on freeview lol..im not up to date with sky, yet lol
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for this film to come on Sky. I have sent an alert with Sky so they email me a week before its shown. Has it been on Sky yet and ive missed it ?
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember this film! Ryan was amazing in it. I didn't expect it to end how it did.