#RoversFire - Pictures

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    The person being cairred down seems to be in a nightdress so it is likely the fire is going to break out after closing time.

Yeah i was thinking that,
    If the pub was pull everyone would just try put it out....
    if no one's in/upstairs, they won't know for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Aye, well most arsonists don't set fires in broad daylight, for obvious reasons.

We don't know its Arson for sure.
    Could be anything.
    The papers do sometimes make details up.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I'm a gay man. What does that have to do with anything? I just find him boring. But I don't like Cotton either (who is an awful actor). There are also a few straight characters I don't like. Also, as a gay man, I feel the character of Marcus had been ruined by TPTB making him straight. It sends out the message that yes, gay men really can be turned after all. Not very positive IMO. As you say, the only other Gay man is Cotton, who plays up to the Grannies idea of a feminine, all girls together type gay. I feel Sophie is the most believable homosexual character on the show personally.

No-one has "made Marcus straight". He is a gay man who is in a relationship with a woman. It happens.

I only made reference to my sexuality because, as a gay man, I have always found him the most believable gay character on television. But as I say, it's subjective.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    No-one has "made Marcus straight". He is a gay man who is in a relationship with a woman. It happens.

I only made reference to my sexuality because, as a gay man, I have always found him the most believable gay character on television. But as I say, it's subjective.

Erm, the producer and his team made him straight, by putting him in a relationship with a woman. And, as a gay man, how can you find him "the most believable gay man in television" when he has become straight? I find this makes him one of the more unbelievable gay men on TV as the majority don't turn straight (as in real life). Hope you don't think I'm having a go at you, just it is an interesting debate that I don't actually think I have seen on DS. Anyway, apologies to other posters if my posts have spoilt the thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, the producer and his team made him straight, by putting him in a relationship with a woman. And, as a gay man, how can you find him "the most believable gay man in television" when he has become straight? I find this makes him one of the more unbelievable gay men on TV as the majority don't turn straight (as in real life). Hope you don't think I'm having a go at you, just it is an interesting debate that I don't actually think I have seen on DS. Anyway, apologies to other posters if my posts have spoilt the thread.

I don't see it as him turning straight. Sexuality isn't so black and white.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see it as him turning straight. Sexuality isn't so black and white.

I guess really he's bisexual. I really shouldn't have said "turned Straight". There is a part of Marcus that I think would like very much to play the family man and have his own kids. As can be seen with Dylan and Liam. Maybe this is why he's really with Maria. He feels he can have all this if he's with a woman? Although I suppose being supposedly intelligent he would know that a gay couple can be parents too these days.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    From the explosion pictures No 1 dosen't seem to be involved.
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoshuaRy wrote: »
    When exactly does Corrie move to MediaCity? Is this storyline because of the move, or are they still going to be at Granada for a few more months after this fire? In which case, they're setting fire to the set, to rebuild it, to move to a brand new one just a few months later?!

You'll probably find that they will clad the Rovers in covering, nothing happening for a while then builders will be there doing a rebuild. Then when it's ready, the new set will be in use and the new look Rovers will be on screen.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know you're not having a go, and didn't think you were. But just because a gay man has a relationship with a woman it doesn't make him straight - or bi. I know someone who identifies himself as a gay man, but is arrived (and is out to his wife and kids). Admittedly, it's rare. But I've heard several similar real-life stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire airs on 18th of March.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    From the explosion pictures No 1 dosen't seem to be involved.

I hope not, there is original furniture on that set from episode one! Albert Tatlock would be turning in his grave!