Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,260
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    just kinda proves why we are and always will be the laughing stock of the world

Cause' we brought a song about a witch being dead which mirrors a woman a lot of people thought was a witch. Oh yeah we are horrible :rolleyes:
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people downloading probably werent even born until the late 90's and they probably dont even know who she is
    So what? Everyone berates the youth for being apathetic, then the moment they do something political, they get slated for that too... :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uriah wrote: »
    OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Spooky Thatcher hatred coming to the fore.

I'm just glad I lived to see her dead. An evil, wicked witch lacking even basic humanity .. DING DONG :cool:

There's something quite wrong with this post. Can't quite put my finger on it. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just shows how much she affected peoples lives.

Do I agree with it ... no

Do I think lessons could be learnt by current and future politicians.... yes.

Besides which the song is absolute parp.
  • UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what? Everyone berates the youth for being apathetic, then the moment they do something political, they get slated for that too... :confused:

As someone posted earlier, I wasn't alive when Hitler died but I still know that he was an evil person.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    She dosen't need sympathy she led a full active life and was very successful, :)

She leaves a Legacy behind that I believe no prime minister in UK will ever do again.

The Lady was Fantastic and dosen't need sympathy from anyone she passed away at 87 which many of her haters can only hope to do :cool:

Only because there's nothing left to sell off thanks to her.
  • UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Cause' we brought a song about a witch being dead which mirrors a woman a lot of people thought was a witch. Oh yeah we are horrible :rolleyes:

We are a disgrace :o

;)
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something quite wrong with this post. Can't quite put my finger on it. :p

Two full stops? :D
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fools. Lot of them. It's absolutely disgusting, going on as if she bloody killed people :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Two full stops? :D

:D:D:D
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katywil wrote: »
    poor taste??? thats the understatement of the year.
    and the worst thing is that the people whho are doing this, probably werent alive during mrs thatchers leadership so what do they know?
    they disgust me.

I think the song is a revolting idea.

But I don't get this idea that just because you weren't alive whilst someone was in power, you aren't allowed to have an opinion on them.

Lots of people have views on other leaders (Hitler, Churchill etc) even though they were before their time. Why should it be any different for Thatcher?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    I think you will find we are ,

Nah, you're wrong. The more I travel and the more my wife works in different countries, the more I find statements like yours laughable.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    I quite like that buying a daft song is the extent of British "insurrection". Who wants to live where assassination, violent demonstrations and revolution is how they deal with things. :D

Ironically this is pretty much the only way to legally 'protest' after the thatcher govt introduced the public order act 1986 which prevented people from having street protests.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justice for the 96
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justice for the 96

They've had their song... it is someone elses turn now.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Spooky Thatcher hatred coming to the fore.

I'm just glad I lived to see her dead. An evil, wicked witch lacking even basic humanity .. DING DONG :cool:

Good for you :cool:

You reached your goal in life living to see Maggie die.

What's next trip to Disneyland :D
  • katywilkatywil Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She dosen't need sympathy she led a full active life and was very successful, :)

She leaves a Legacy behind that I believe no prime minister in UK will ever do again.

The Lady was Fantastic and dosen't need sympathy from anyone she passed away at 87 which many of her haters can only hope to do :cool:

very true.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    Fools. Lot of them. It's absolutely disgusting, going on as if she bloody killed people :rolleyes:

She did, and she nearly wiped out the whole planet as well. With Operation Able Archer.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Only because there's nothing left to sell off thanks to her.

Well yes and no,

All shareholders and those that own their council homes still have something to sell at Great profits. :cool:
  • SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    It's currently at #9 on the iTunes chart and rising..

Does anyone else think this is in very poor taste? Understandably many do not like her policies, and consequently dislike her.. and i'm no fan of her policies myself. But even still, this seems very petty.

Yes, I've always thought this song was in poor taste.

I mean some of the things that the Wicked Witch of the East did may have seemed harsh but they needed to be done. Munchkin Land was in a shambles before she took over. The Lullaby League and the Lollipop Guild wielded far too much power at the time and needed to be controlled.

Plus under her rule, many of the Munchkins got the opportunity to buy their own homes.

And that yellow brick road would never have been built if she hadn't privatised road building and construction.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes and no,

All shareholders and those that own their council homes still have something to sell at Great profits. :cool:

Yeah and we have a housing shortage for those that need it and vast housing benefits bill because the social housing stock was depleted.

Council Houses should never have been about profits for a few but needed homes over the years for many.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Witch version? :o

Which old witch? :D

I've heard the Judy Garland one is highest but the Ella Fitzgerald one is doing okay too.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just glad I lived to see her dead. An evil, wicked witch lacking even basic humanity .. DING DONG

Irony overload.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member

I've heard the Judy Garland one is highest but the Ella Fitzgerald one is doing okay too.

Just like the formation of the SDP, she's still benefitting from a split in the opposition... ;)
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Ella one sounds much nicer to my ears. Judy Garland's one is free on amazon.co.uk though.