Options

Shoplife-BBC 3

tiltonlandtiltonland Posts: 234
Forum Member
Anyone else watching this dross? has to be the worst TV show I've seen for years.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching. Ickle Abbie has huge puppies ;)
  • Options
    GrandPlains206GrandPlains206 Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I have been watching this.The "actor"lad they was following tonight was seemed a good laugh.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be a lot more popular than 'Saddos'' sorry I mean 'Shoplife' on BBC Three, at least this has a air of being interesting whereas 'Slapperlife' is utterly pathetic in every extreme, full of the most irritating inane voids ever to be created in a knee trembler behind the 'Big Market' on a Friday night.

As for elocution at least they have a basic command of the English language, the Geordie bores would not know a vowel if it smacked them in the face

The original post can be found on the dealership thread
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not watched this.
    Digressing,

I've a deal of sympathy for "rank and file" check-out operators of big stores as they bear the brunt of customers' frustrations with some of the worst aspects of modern retailing.
    As an early retired once "superstore" general manager, I have fund of stories about customers.

Early in my career, when you could recognise who was the manager of big stores, as they were the ones with the "power," in sharp suits and highly polished shoes, never getting their hands dirty, (not like many are now, "impotent puppets" in a uniform controlled by "suits" in head office) I was standing in the middle of the store in conversation with my deputy when we were approached by a little old lady who wanted to know why a large can of peaches was cheaper than one of the same brand, half the size.
    I explained that the large cans were "on promotion" so were temporarily at a lower price.

"There's only me at home, I can't eat a whole can."

"Why not buy a large can, eat half and put the remainder in the fridge?"

"I haven't got a fridge."

"Then why not buy a large can, eat half and throw the rest away?"

"Young man, do you think I'm made of money?"

Bless!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The young man who felt his personal ambitions were more important than his job hasn't done himself any favours when it comes to job-hunting.

And as for the girl who tried selling cars - why on earth would they give a trial to someone who walked in off the street, and didn't even have a driving licence.

By the way, did they mention the name of the car company at all? I must have missed it. :D