✭✭✭
    Ridiculous they cant scrap question if sport

When will part 2 be shown
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous they cant scrap question if sport

When will part 2 be shown

They could have but it wouldn't leave a big enough slot - QOS is 40 mins and Casualty is 50 mins. Likewise Mrs Browns Boys is only 30 mins so it isn't an either / or situation. They'd just get further behind if they kept Casualty and didn't show QOS or MBB. I seem too recall there are legal reasons that the Lottery results have to be part of a longer entertainment show so that can't be shunted and nor cas the News or the longer running football.

I'd rather see Casualty than any of the progs that have been on but I understand why it has to be the one that is moved and it is only till tomorrow and it was always stated as being a possibility.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will we hear if it is on tomorrow
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    They could have but it wouldn't leave a big enough slot - QOS is 40 mins and Casualty is 50 mins. Likewise Mrs Browns Boys is only 30 mins so it isn't an either / or situation. They'd just get further behind if they kept Casualty and didn't show QOS or MBB. I seem too recall there are legal reasons that the Lottery results have to be part of a longer entertainment show so that can't be shunted and nor cas the News or the longer running football.

BIB: That can't be the case, because some weeks it is just the draws without anything else during it. Most of the time it's on during a longer entertainment show (usually a quiz show) but not always.

It may be on iPlayer after 9.50. They'll take it off quickly, but sometimes it goes on as scheduled when something is postponed, before they've had time to take it off. I'll probably watch it then if it works.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Ditto. I want to see the conclusion of the Tess/Fletch and Natalie saga. >:(

Me too. I actually wanted everyone to find out about Tess and Fletch's affair but I don't know how long we will have to wait till next episode. Hopefully it's on tomorrow.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    BIB: That can't be the case, because some weeks it is just the draws without anything else during it. Most of the time it's on during a longer entertainment show (usually a quiz show) but not always.

It may be on iPlayer after 9.50. They'll take it off quickly, but sometimes it goes on as scheduled when something is postponed, before they've had time to take it off. I'll probably watch it then if it works.

The BBC removed today's listing in the website so I don't think we will see it on iplayer :(
  • Options
    tinyditinydi Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Just been announced Casualty is on tomorrow at 21.10..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these bbc channels and news cant be delayed :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinydi wrote: »

Was that on bbc
  • Options
    SoapAddict99SoapAddict99 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9.10 Tomorrow everyone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Ten past nine tomorrow.
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there is some kind of legal responsibility to show the National Lottery on a Saturday so it can't be moved easily. Same with the News and Question of Sport isn't a long enough slot.

Perhaps but they could drop the game show element and just air the draw/announce the results.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's possibly changed now but it certainly was the case whe the National Lottery started in 93/94 time - people moaned about the waste of half an hour's programming even back then and I was involved in Virgin's original bid to run the Lottery and I remember it factoring into that. It is a grey area though as Wednesdays and the Eoro lottery just got told over a placard of the numbers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps but they could drop the game show element and just air the draw/announce the results.

That's what we were just discussing and whilst it may have changed there used to be a legal requirement that they not just show the draw buut have an 'entertainment' show surrounding it. God knows shy - it ever made much sense and they've never come up with anything even vaguely entertaining as filler for it.

It doesn't really alter the fact that Casualty was always the programme listed as being subject to change though so they are just keeping to their previously announced alternative programming as Holby is on Monday or Tuesday.

It will be on tomorrow, it's not as though it has been postponed for a week or done with no prior warning.

That said, i'm still fed up of football and the way we're all expected not to mind the disruption it causes. And all sport come to that. I missed last night's EastEnders thanks to them staying with Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tinydi wrote: »

Which is what it was always scheduled to be in the alternate schedule which was released a couple of weeks ago as is in all the printed tv mags like Radio Times.

Without wishing to sound like a broken record.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's what we were just discussing and whilst it may have changed there used to be a legal requirement that they not just show the draw buut have an 'entertainment' show surrounding it. God knows shy - it ever made much sense and they've never come up with anything even vaguely entertaining as filler for it.

I suppose the game show has to be shown at some point, because contestants have filmed it and it has been made, and they couldn't very well cut out all the references to the Lottery. Unless they just showed this episode with next week's draws.

BIB: I quite like Who Dares Wins. Most of the quiz shows they have focus too much on gameplay and not enough on questions, but Who Dares Wins is one of the more decent ones. But then maybe you're not very keen on quiz shows. I'm really passionate about them, always have been for some reason. When I was about seven, my friends would be watching cartoons and I'd be watching Weakest Link or something! I should try to get on one, I think it would be lots of fun.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last December, there was an epsiode of a National Lottery Quiz Sjow, which had been delayed since Wimbledon 2013.

But because of circumstances with other shows, it wasn't shown until the Saturday after christmas

National Lottery shows are prerecorded, the Draw bit is inserted, and has been for years
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    I wasn't expecting it to be on tonight (going on what we were told at the end of last week's episode) and only found out this morning that it had switched, so am not really too bothered.

And have to say, although I'm definitely not a sports fan, Wimbledon is only 2 weeks every year and think the only reason they stayed with it on BBC1 last night was because it was an Andy Murray match, and they figured they'd p. more people off by swapping it to BBC2 than they would cancelling/delaying the following programmes (which I can imagine would be true). And the World Cup is only once every four years, although they maybe could be a bit more canny with their schedules so they have things afterward which are easily cancelled (e.g. comedy repeats) and which would allow them to carry on with the schedule as normal after the extra time/penalties have finished (so maybe 2 half hour programmes directly following the normal time match). They do do this for other things like the FA cup final and other live events which might over-run so not sure why they haven't done it tonight??
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say they didn't feel comfortable starting Casualty as late as 10pm and their main news bulletin at 10.50pm, so something had to give.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    National Lottery shows are prerecorded, the Draw bit is inserted, and has been for years

Jet Set wasn't, because the final of the quiz involved the contestants being told which numbers were drawn in the lottery that week, and having to guess whether the next number was higher or lower, so it had to be broadcast live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suppose the game show has to be shown at some point, because contestants have filmed it and it has been made, and they couldn't very well cut out all the references to the Lottery. Unless they just showed this episode with next week's draws.

BIB: I quite like Who Dares Wins. Most of the quiz shows they have focus too much on gameplay and not enough on questions, but Who Dares Wins is one of the more decent ones. But then maybe you're not very keen on quiz shows. I'm really passionate about them, always have been for some reason. When I was about seven, my friends would be watching cartoons and I'd be watching Weakest Link or something! I should try to get on one, I think it would be lots of fun.

Oh I don't mind quiz shows generally. They are fairly harmless fliier shows, can be entertaining, can be informative and often make me feel rather clever by getting to the answers first! I used to love Blockbusters even as an adult. Like Pointless. Love QI, Just a Minute, the News quiz. There is just something about that Lottery programme - it never feels like anything but marking time to me. It's like when you're at the beginning of a party (house or pub or club) and waiting for people to arrive. You can be with one, two, even half a dozen very good friends who you'd normally have a great evening with but because you're waiting for people before you can start the 'main' event - conversation is stilted, every time the door opens you stop talking and look up and are disappointed that your next person hasn't arrived. The Nat Lottery entertainment show is like some hideously extended foreplay where you inevitably don't get a good (or even satisfactory) finish as your numbers don't come up. Or maybe that's just me?

But, something to look forward to tomorrow night with Casualty.
  • Options
    Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was always on Sunday this week? All the trails through the week on BBC1 said Sunday... :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My TiVo guide us telling me Death in Paradise is on tonight at 9!! So annoying in thisage of technology they can't get it right!
  • Options
    Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was always on Sunday this week? All the trails through the week on BBC1 said Sunday... :confused:

It was dependant upon football being shown, the TV magazines all had a different scheduled planned if it was or if it wasn't shown.

That didn't matter last night anyway because it was still cocked up.

Funnily enough Alex Walkinshaw's first ever Casualty episode was postponed because of Wimbledon...and his last was too, albeit only by a day as oppose to a week. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoiler alert!!!!! This reviewer has obviously seen it!!! Don't read on unless you want an in depth synopsis which you'll see tonight
    http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Casualty-BBC1-John-Woodhouse-s-TV-review/story-21300090-detail/story.html
This discussion has been closed.