Options

24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the DVD extras is going to reveal..
    Tony Almeida's fate

So we can probably rule out a surprise in the last hour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I accidentally read that
    Heller dies and one of the palmers is sworn in as replacements
    dont know how true it is, but this was weeks ago.
    Isn't the sister the only Palmer left alive?
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

Answer in spoiler tags as the answer itself could be a spoiler.
    whoever said this does not know the rules of succession in the US when the president becomes incapacitated and unable to continue. (or is assassinated)

Next would be the Vice-President and third would be the Speaker
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member

Answer in spoiler tags as the answer itself could be a spoiler.
    whoever said this does not know the rules of succession in the US when the president becomes incapacitated and unable to continue. (or is assassinated)

Next would be the Vice-President and third would be the Speaker
    Who is the vice president and who is the speaker?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Kill Audrey and I'll, almost, forgive the lack of Tony but...who is VP? Be awesome if it was one hand Chase!
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kill Audrey and I'll, almost, forgive the lack of Tony but...who is VP? Be awesome if it was one hand Chase!

This whole page people's imaginations are running wild!!! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    This whole page people's imaginations are running wild!!! :o:D

It's 24, anything can ( and please god come on) MUST happen.
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else feel that the writers have left themselves with a lot to wrap up in the last episode? I'm starting to think with only a 12 ep run they should have just stuck to the relatively simple drone storyline. The last few episodes have felt very frantic.

I can only assume they have upped the ante because this could potentially be the last episode of 24 and therefore they probably wanted to end with something more significant than Jack stopping a fairly modest (by 24 standards) terrorist attack.

Even though I'm not a massive fan of the character I'd be disappointed if Audrey dies, what with Teri and Renee's deaths having another Bauer love interest bite the bullet would just seem like overkill imo.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    There may be no skip.

Or it might happen 50 minutes into the last hour, to allow a kind of epilogue to finish the show. Showing Jack back with his daughter etc.

Sky EPG is showing next weeks final episode as 10pm - 11am. So quite how they will do 13 hours on 42 minutes is anyones guess. Maybe 10pm - 10.50pm and then they jump to 12 hours later. Perhaps Jack flies back to the USA during the missing twelve hours!
  • Options
    ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sod that! I want Aaron Pierce to be the VP!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Sky EPG is showing next weeks final episode as 10pm - 11am. So quite how they will do 13 hours on 42 minutes is anyones guess. Maybe 10pm - 10.50pm and then they jump to 12 hours later. Perhaps Jack flies back to the USA during the missing twelve hours!

My guess is a fade to black towards the end of the ep, then the clock jumps forward to 10:58am and we're in China where either Jack or Audrey or both wake up in a Chinese cell. Again.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    My guess is a fade to black towards the end of the ep, then the clock jumps forward to 10:58am and we're in China where either Jack or Audrey or both wake up in a Chinese cell. Again.

That sounds like a good twist! however I have feeling Audrey may kill Cheng.

12 episodes hasn't been long enough! wished it had been a full season now. Or at the very least I hope another 12 episodes are ordered for another season. Its worked really well having it set in the UK so they could easily do another day set in Japan or even Australia now its been tested outside of the states.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    There may be no skip.

Or it might happen 50 minutes into the last hour, to allow a kind of epilogue to finish the show. Showing Jack back with his daughter etc.

Wasn't there rumours that
    Elisha Cuthbert had filmed new 24 scenes? I remember thinking what random reason would Kim have to be in London just at the same time as her dad but if they do a time jump back to America at the end and show Kim's scenes then I suppose it makes sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vol wrote: »
    Even though I'm not a massive fan of the character I'd be disappointed if Audrey dies, what with Teri and Renee's deaths having another Bauer love interest bite the bullet would just seem like overkill imo.

Well she sort of died once already, well as good as so no great loss. (Also you forgot to mention Nina who technically was another love interest that bit the bullet).
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she sort of died once already, well as good as so no great loss. (Also you forgot to mention Nina who technically was another love interest that bit the bullet).

or did she? just kidding but would be good
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    British actor David Yip sure looked very old. Almost unrecognizable as the Chinese President!
    He was to me.:o

Liked the continuing shoot out with the Russians at the start - and when Jack & Kate were in the Russians house.... silencers sounded good.:cool:

Bench action at he end - was edge of the seat stuff.:o

And Chloe wakes.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    james_W85 wrote: »
    or did she? just kidding but would be good

If they bring back Nina, then I want George climbing out of the canyon, all glowing radioactively!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they bring back Nina, then I want George climbing out of the canyon, all glowing radioactively!

And David Palmer breaking out of his coffin?
  • Options
    jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could see Mark maybe being in the coffin........He is no longer any use to anyone.

Really sad that its the last one next week....:cry:
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim Bauer as the VP and that mountain lion from season 2 as the Speaker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CamCam wrote: »
    And David Palmer breaking out of his coffin?

No just George, and Tony obviously.
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    British actor David Yip sure looked very old. Almost unrecognizable as the Chinese President!

Nice to see the Chinese Detective again! I wonder what he's been doing.
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    I wonder why Kate referred to Mark Boudreau as 'Martin' when she was talking in the car with Jack. it's at about 17 minutes in. I had my subtitles on and it came up as Martin but when I listened again it's definitely what she says! Do you think it's a devious plot device or a mistake they let through?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell things picked up pace very quickly. Kinda wish they'd introduced the Chinese a lot earlier in the season... perhaps half way in. Either way this feels a lot more like classic 24 to me. Looks like it will finish on a high.

I'm still hoping for a final Charles Logan twist. He's the only one missing really. I was
    hoping he was the one on the phone to Audrey. Literally saying "Please be Charles, please be Charles" to the TV.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put me in the camp that thinks the time jump will occur towards the end of the episode as some form of epilogue and maybe a cliffhanger of sorts (considering it doesn't look like another season is happening next year at least).

The weirdest bit will be "The following takes place between 10pm & 11am. Events do not occur in real time"