Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cocoon 1985 10/10

Cocoon - The Return 1988 9/10

warm and touching both films !..love the film theme sound track !
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he threw his toys out of the pram over the preceding film "cop out".

I just watched it last night on Film4, I thought it better than you, but a bit of a disappointing mish-mash, and I just didn't think the ending held together. Yet it was unexpected in places, and some good performances from the Mad Preacher, and Goodman. 6/10

The remake Omen film is good but the original 70s one is by far the best and the excellent sequel !..the third one is a little disappointing in comparison !
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Frozen (2013) - 8.5/10
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this considering the mixed/negative reviews. I like most thought the first ASM was redundant and dull but IMO this is several levels above it. It's definitely not without it's flaws and I agree with most that it becomes overstuffed with multiple plot strands. But I loved the two main villains Electro and Green Goblin (especially Dane Dehane's performance). Jamie Foxx doesn't have a lot to do but I still loved the overall Dr Manhattan-esque design of Electro. The action set pieces were great if OTT and the score was a huge improvement over the first film. And they actually revealed the mystery of Peter's parents, which they promised they'd do in the first movie. When the film loses it's way in parts, it's immediately pulled back together by the central relationship of Peter and Gwen Stacy.

Rhino sucked though.

7/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Other Woman 7/10 quite funny. Love Leslie Mann.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Will Hunting. Watched this in tribute to RW - made me sad seeing him in such a morose role given what we now know. 7/10
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Godzilla (2014).

As the last Godzilla film from the 90s and Godzilla rip-offs like Pacific Rim were so bad, I thought that there must be a chance that this new one would be pretty good, otherwise what was the point of remaking it? Combined with having Bryan Cranston starring right after Breaking Bad - I gave it a go.

On my God, it is sh*te! Its basically on the same level as Sharknado. Ridiculously poor acting, nonsensical plot, boring military crap we've all seen a million times before etc etc.

In fact, it is so bad that I am going to put spoilers in this tirade. Godzilla is actually a 'goodie' in this movie! Ignoring the fact that it totals a city and stomps on a huge number of people, it is actually hailed as 'the city's saviour' because he has killed two electronic alien/insect hybrid things.

I don't usually watch much of this sort of trash and this movie confirmed why that is. Swerve this garbage, don't waste your time.

VERDICT: 0/10 - Usurps Avengers Assemble as the worst movie I've ever seen.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lego Movie...fantastic from start to finish 9/10
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sixth Sense - Second viewing. It's........... alright, but I think that's the last time I'll watch it.

Airwolf - The long pilot episode. Not bad. Nostalgia. Slower moving than I remembered it. Got the rest of season one to watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Inbetweeners 2
    Was actually quite wary of this as I thought this series and films were done and dusted. That teaser trailer was cr@p too, but the second trailer offered some more promise as I actually thought it looked funny. Truth is it is funny in parts, but for the most part is a let down and feels like a tag-along or add on to make some money and please the fans. The toilet humour is ramped up further here and this was never the funny part of the series, the story is also quite weak although Jay does get some nice character development. For the rest of it though it feels like we're going backwards rather than progressing like at the end of the first film. The direction and story aren't up to much either and I still maintain that the lads playing Jay and Neil are the best actors out of the four... Its also not as funny as either the series of the first film, but it has its moments. The less said about the ending the better - I love Greg Davies and his role in this series, but what they do with his character here at the end feels tacked on and just done as a funny reference to a comment made in an episode of the show. Disappointing really, hopefully they'll put this one to bed now.
    4/10.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Double (2013) 6/10
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    V for Vendetta 5/10
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    V for Vendetta 5/10

One of those rare films that gave up on part way through. Just awful. Cringeworthy, even.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought the Jurassic Park blu ray trilogy a while ago so finally gave them a watch.

Jurassic Park

Groundbreaking at the time, still holds up really well. The Raptor/kitchen scene is just jaw-dropping. Shame about the annoying kids.

7/10

The Lost World

I'm one of the minority who prefer this to the original. Lots of action, 2 T-Rex's and Goldblum is always worth a watch. Shame about the annoying kid.

8/10

Jurassic Park III

Not as bad as people make out. The Spinosaurus is magnificent, and the pteranodon scenes are excellent. Shame about the annoying wife.

6/10
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Captain America 2

7/10 very good
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched "Salt" again on Film4 last night. Never understood the lukewarm reception this film receives. It's action from the start. Ange is pretty committed, and gorgeous to watch. And the plot is interesting. Criticised for being far fetched, but so what? I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Catch me if you can.

8.5/10
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    The Lion King (1994) - 8.5/10
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Square (Al midan) (2013) 8.5/10
    Under Capricorn (1949) 6/10
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Precious - 6/10

It was promising until the perfect teacher was introduced, then it became no more special than a TV movie. That doesn't mean it's a bad film but I expected more, given the hype.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Adjustment Bureau - I forgot how good it is!
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Frozen- loved it except for the resolution to Elsa's story, so i give it 9/10.:)
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Godzilla for a second time this time on the small screen, expected it to lose a lot but it still does a good job in the spectacle department. The skydiving scene still gives me goosebumps. So the character development is a little lacking, but next to Godzilla they are just insect sized spectators anyway. Dont get why so many people were disappointed with it, i thought it was brilliantly paced and showed just the right amount of monster action in the build up as to not make the climax superfluous. 8.5/10
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zombieland on C4 Film Channel last night

It was OK but nothing special

It looked a bit odd after watching The Walking Dead because the zombies in the film could sprint........:o
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Precious. Watched this for the first time this morning as had pretty much tried to avoid it up until now. Very well directed film but obviously quite harrowing. Mo'Nique's Oscar was well-deserved as she was scarily competent and - and I don't say this lightly - it's one of the best female performances I've ever seen. Particularly harrowing was the bit towards the end
    when Mo'Nique's character reveals to Precious that she had started to be abused from the age of 3. Given Precious couldn't possibly have been aware of that, this would have left her with a whole new set of issues to deal with. As if she didn't have enough already.
    7.25/10
This discussion has been closed.