Options

Ghost Hunt?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
Forum Member
Hi all.

I was just wondering if any of you have ever been on a ghost hunt (like the one on telly with Yvette Fielding) and if so, what did you think of it?

I'm going on one with my sister in law on Tuesday and i'm really looking forward to it.

Comments

• Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOOOoooooh...
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just email a friend, making sure it contains the words 'bomb', 'pressure cooker', 'Jihad' and 'White House'. It's the only guaranteed way to encounter spooks.
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you hear something its most likely a mouse or a rat , or one of the tour guides throwing stones, or even spoons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to Yvette Fielding... she vanished into the ether like ... like a ghost!

She was way better at TV presenting and way more convincing than Derek Acorah and his fake foolery.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, my sister wants me to go on one with her and keeps trying to persuade me but I have a very good imagination and I'm scared I'll end up having a heart attack on the spot and dropping dead. :o
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't believe in it but always fancied going on one for a laugh but knowing me I'd just wanna get pished and have a giggle and all the hardcore nerds with their ghostbusting gear wouldn't take too kindly to me being there not taking it seriously.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    No, my sister wants me to go on one with her and keeps trying to persuade me but I have a very good imagination and I'm scared I'll end up having a heart attack on the spot and dropping dead. :o
    I'd give it a miss then for sure.Having never been on one, I've no idea what's done, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided it was really funny to enhance the experience. Or rather - I probably would be surprised and it could be fatal. :eek:
  • Options
    MookyboyMookyboy Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a tour of the Edinburgh Vaults (underground chambers) when I was there last May. It was a guided tour, but still a bit spooky, although nothing happened.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I haven't been on a ghost hunt but I love to go, let us know how it went.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mookyboy wrote: »
    I did a tour of the Edinburgh Vaults (underground chambers) when I was there last May. It was a guided tour, but still a bit spooky, although nothing happened.

On one of the Edinburgh tours they used to make something happen, don't know if they still do.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »

Before you go, arrange a secret word with your sister. And promise that if you drop dead, you'll come back and tell her the word.

That way, your death won't be wasted. :D
  • Options
    thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to clophill church at night - look it up to decide if I was crazy!
  • Options
    123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    A few friends and I used to go on "Ghost Hunts" a fair bit in fact nearly every weekend for about 4 years.

We used to travel all over Kent and the south east visiting Churches, Castles, and pretty much everywhere that a quick Google search said was haunted.

We must have visited well over 100 different locations although near the end we just stuck to about a dozen in which we felt the most spooked out by.
    We even invested in night vision cameras and EMF readers.

we tried Ouija boards, séances everything. We really did think we where some kind of most haunted spin off show. The only difference is we never came across anything and trust me we tried.
    we even had the vicar to a church we used to visit regularly come out with us once. As he was intrigued and slightly mystified by our passion for ghost hunting and we still did not come across anything paranormal at all.

It is great to go ghost hunting though I mean we always enjoyed it because it was a cheap night out and I am not going to lie some of the places we used to visit had you quacking in your boots just travelling there...

Overall I was sceptical when I first started I now do not believe at all I think the whole idea of ghosts and poltergeist activity is nonsense although some friends I used to do it with are still very undecided even though we never actually saw or heard anything.

other people will swear blind ghosts exist though so I guess you can just take from it what you can be open minded but most of all be realistic and keep your common sense about you to many people in the paranormal world cling to the hope of an afterlife of spirits and ghosts because it is their way of dealing with a death.

Then you get charlatans like John Edwards and Sally Morgan taking advantage of peoples grief filling them with false hope... (don't get me started)

Have fun though yea and let us know how you get on :)

As my Mum used to say its not the dead we should be worrying about its the people living that are the problem....

P.S

I now spend my free time looking for UFOS because I believe in order to disbelieve something you need to have searched the reason why people believe in the first place...
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghooostieees and gooooli..... I mean ghoooulieees!

Apparitions in the niiight!

The ghooost of Jade Gooody!

Be afraid! Be verrry afffraaaid! Of Jimmy Saviles wandering bony skeletor fiingers!

OK, Enough. :mad:

Paranormal stuff is a load of made up nonsense. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    GrandPlains206GrandPlains206 Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I went on one a few years ago at Alton Towers.In the actual Tower ruins not the park.

It was an interesting experience.I would not do another though.

Be very weary when you do one.And be careful who you speak to as we was chatting to some bloke at the start who we didn't relise was the Medium. As soon as he started with the Séance his first words were"im picking up the presence of a man from Wales"I nearly slapped him :lol:

We were then split into groups.Most of our group were "newbies"and we didn't have very much activity all through the night where as other groups reported lots of things happening.Wether you believe it or not is another thing.As I felt a few people played on every noise and creek we heard throughout the night(which was to be expected in such a place)

Had a few interesting things happen.But wether that was our imagination or tiredness(It didn't finish till 5am) I am not sure.