Intrusive adverts on the forum?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else having a problem with big adverts appearing in the background and cutting off the sides of the pages? They page also looks really small if that makes sense?

Just wondering if it's an iPad problem or not?

Comments

• grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else having a problem with big adverts appearing in the background and cutting off the sides of the pages? They page also looks really small if that makes sense?

Just wondering if it's an iPad problem or not?

Nope - I've had it on my desktop. I reported it first thing as I had the same problem yesterday. The ads disappeared shortly after both times I experienced them in Chrome and Firefox, so bear with it.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a nuisance when you can't read things properly because the ends are cut off:rolleyes:

I'm sure the adds are getting worse on here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's very irritating. Today's issue is to do with ads where I turn off the sound and the sound won't go. I don't see why I should have to turn the sound off on my laptop to cover an intrusive annoying ad?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting a massive Pizza Hut advert now, a few minutes ago it was Eon:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's very irritating. Today's issue is to do with ads where I turn off the sound and the sound won't go. I don't see why I should have to turn the sound off on my laptop to cover an intrusive annoying ad?

This is my biggest bug bear too. It was particularly bad last night and today. Look at it the wrong way or worse, ignore it and it blasts out from nowhere.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is my biggest bug bear too. It was particularly bad last night and today. Look at it the wrong way or worse, ignore it and it blasts out from nowhere.

Yep very irritating feels like one is swimming in an oasis of ads...Shape shifting posts :mad:

If it continues like this will have to cancel my subscription to DS.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I posted in the tablet forum. I can't use Chrome as the ads cover the sides. Firefox seeems to be working for me.
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impossible to read anything on the ipad

On another subject, One of the adverts is for Pizza Hut and it's a cheeseburger pizza, with individual burgers in the crust, how disgusting ( sorry op for veering away from the subject )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On another subject, One of the adverts is for Pizza Hut and it's a cheeseburger pizza, with individual burgers in the crust, how disgusting ( sorry op for veering away from the subject )

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. And not in the 19-year old hipster dude sense of the word either :eek::(
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I never get any ads on the DS site.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it looks rank doesn't it.

Why aren't the mods doing anything about this?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it looks rank doesn't it.

Why aren't the mods doing anything about this?:confused:

Adverts = MONEY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adverts = MONEY

The ads shouldn't be cutting off the side of the page though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adverts are a thing if of the past for me.. Get google chrome addblock
  • BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using the mobile version on iPad and I am not getting any adverts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you get that on iPad?
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect this is to do with the fact the ipad screen is 4:3 aspect ratio, my android tablet is 16:10 and so the forum fits the whole width of the screen with no adverts on the sides.

However, I still get occasional problems with the square advert in the top right hand corner of the forum dropping from its place markings.
  • talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since installing Adblock plus https://adblockplus.org I have not had any problems with adverts on any website what so ever.

This provides an add on to your browser which you can easily deactivate or uninstall. It is perfectly safe and will eliminate just about every advert going, with tab appearing to block embedded flash and other players when you encounter them on a website.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But not on an ipad
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member

I wont be suprised if you are using internet explorer to surf :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    I suspect this is to do with the fact the ipad screen is 4:3 aspect ratio, my android tablet is 16:10 and so the forum fits the whole width of the screen with no adverts on the sides.

However, I still get occasional problems with the square advert in the top right hand corner of the forum dropping from its place markings.

Yes, I think that is the problem
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does that work on an android tablet? I've tried adblock before and it has never worked.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Does that work on an android tablet? I've tried adblock before and it has never worked.

You have to install from an unknown source and modify your internet proxy settings. The app isn't available in Google Play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not just on iPad. I had a problem on my laptop and the sides of the forums were cut off. Using another browser with adblock now. No other problems so far.
    I wont be suprised if you are using internet explorer to surf :p

Funny as the same problem happened to me in Google Chrome. :p

- A_Zombie