• November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Aurora borealis

This.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the beautiful night skies. I live in a village that has little light polution and a few miles from the Kielder observatory.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The light show that is a lightning/thunderstorm. I can remember been sat on my balcony in St Petersburg, Fl looking out over the Gulf of Mexico one night. Total darkness until the lightening and lit the whole sea up. You could see for miles. Stunning.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you stop to think about it for any length of time, almost every natural thing can seem amazing. The human body, the sun coming up in the morning, the aurora, shooting stars, sunflowers turning round to face the sun, cats turning themselves over in mid air as they fall...

Something that got me recently was some speeded up footage in a David Attenborough thing (Life of Plants?) of a blackberry plant growing - it was terrifying! Like some kind of threatening horror monster, feeling its way and attaching itself to things, waving its thorns around... Urgh!
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One tiny cell growing into a human being over 9 months. still amazes me...and ALL the genetic info wrapped in that tiny cell.
    Always boggles my mind.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    One tiny cell growing into a human being over 9 months. still amazes me...and ALL the genetic info wrapped in that tiny cell.
    Always boggles my mind.

Yes this.

Plus childbirth. I watched both my kids being born, first by section, second by the usual route. Both were amazing to behold. Utmost respect to any woman who goes through that. :cool:
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That there are more galaxies in the universe than grains of sand on earth.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora borealis

Agreed. It's my dream to see them one day.

Anything involving the sky at night fascinates me. I love being outside on a warm evening and just looking up at the stars and moon, especially if it's a full moon. Space and planets and shooting stars and black holes etc are things I find really fascinating - I absolutely love it. I could read book after book on space, if only I had a bit more intelligence to understand it all! :blush::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Aurora Borelis, snow like actual proper snow, sunsets, space (I wish I could explore space),
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tornadoes. An F5 tornado is powerful enough to tear the limbs off your body.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rainbows! (maybe I'm easily impressed :blush:) But especially when you get a double or treble rainbow.
  • FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    That there are more galaxies in the universe than grains of sand on earth.

Stars, not galaxies.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waking up every morning.

The creation and birth of a baby.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FlyinBrick wrote: »
    Stars, not galaxies.
    OOPS!! That's what i meant:)
  • HelenW82HelenW82 Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Watching snow settle always fascinates me. :kitty:
  • BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora borealis

Didn't this happen in this country once? I seem to remember about 20 years ago the sky was really weird and beautiful with lots of pinks, purples and greens.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natural selection as a mechanism of evolution. So beautiful and amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Space, and just how big it is.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't this happen in this country once? I seem to remember about 20 years ago the sky was really weird and beautiful with lots of pinks, purples and greens.

It happens fairly often in the north of Scotlamd, my fathers family is from thd Islands so I've been plenty if times. I've seen the aurora a good few times and it never ceases to take my breath away.

Miss XYZ, definitely head north and see it, it's astonishing.
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarlet Johansson
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first flowers coming up out of the snow in winter. Sitting in a wild meadow in the summer. A woodland walk in autumn, picking berries, and nuts. Simple things.

Life is wonderful.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menstruation, as a man I still can't truly comprehend it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that there are still small birds alive after a hard winter
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - Child development
    I'm still shell-shocked over kids' seemingly rapid growth from being utterly vulnerable dependants to fiercely independent beings.

- The nature's nutrient cycle