Do you avoid shows because of a particular character/presenter/actor?

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Anything involving Graham Norton, Phil Spencer, Gordon Ramsey, Keith Lemon, Piers Morgan, Sarah Millican, Jeremy Kyle, anyone on This Morning, Loose Women and Towie. Many others, can only dredge these non-entities up for now.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be quicker for me to list the people I can tolerate than those I can't such is the state of TV these days. Same old faces standing in front of a different set hosting rubbish and getting overpaid for it in a futile attempt to be entertaining and funny.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    shelts wrote: »
    Nick Knowles,Keith Lemon,Johnathon Ross and his brother,Russell Howard,Davina McCall and Stacey Solomon, Holly Willoughby and Phillip Scofield,Richard and Judy oh and Kirsty Allsop, Richard Peston and Martin Lewis

Oh, good list, except I don't mind Nick Knowles and Davina.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson

Jeremy Kyle

Anne Robinson

Gordon Ramsey

Andrew Neil

Kay Burley
  • sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Allwright,Dominic Littlewood,Chris Hollins
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything connected with or featuring Simon Cowell - I blame him personally for the state of Saturday night TV!>:(:D
    I also avoid Keith Lemon and try to avoid Jack Whitehall - not very successfully though because he's on A League Of Their Own, which my kids like.
    Oh, and I can't take too much of David Tennant.
  • InigoMontoyaInigoMontoya Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer: no.

Fuller answer: it tends to be that people I don't particularly want to watch don't appear in projects that interest me. If someone I didn't like was in an interesting project, I would watch because a single person rarely makes the whole. Also, I think I'd feel defeated if I let that person stop me watching something I want to watch.
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Tarrant or any bleeding heart celeb doing charidee.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I avoided Broadchurch because David Tennant was in it. I realised afterwards how mistaken I was. Luckily it started last week on TV3 here in Ireland so I'm getting to see it after all.
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything with Piers Morgan unless he's getting hammered in it (Like HIGNFY).
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Horrocks.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mustard99 wrote: »
    Jane Horrocks.

Been watching the Great British Bake Off Sport Relief specials have we?

I have to admit that I found her voice somewhat annoying
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel Edmonds

Carol Vorderman

Any of the women on Country File

Gloria Honeyford
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    Ant/Dec
    Chris Evans
    Cowell
    dim bint on The One Show
    Myleen Klass
    Davina McColl
    Ross Kemp
    Gary Barlow
    Robbie Williams
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I avoided Broadchurch because David Tennant was in it. I realised afterwards how mistaken I was. Luckily it started last week on TV3 here in Ireland so I'm getting to see it after all.

Good call. David Tennant, Professor Brian Cox and Martin Lewis (money man) are definitely on my avoid list!!
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During the mid to late 80s both my sons were in the British Army, stationed in separate German garrison towns, one of which, (towns), had suffered an unsuccessful IRA attack.
    Mickey Rourke appeared in an interview on TV, and declared, (because of his Irish-American ancestry), that he sympathised with their over-all aim to rid Ireland of the British by any means at their disposal.
    Needless to say, he hasn't sullied my TV screen since, no matter how good the movies that he may have been in were alleged to be.
  • NickVaughanNickVaughan Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris bloody Evans! -If his radio show isn't bad enough (I listen to it for both the news and the music before anyone starts with the IYDLIDLTI whine) His appearences on TV are just dire.

Cilla Black- Has anyone got a kind word to say about this tempestous hag? Vile woman, who appears so smarmy,smug and ignorant that she doubts her watch.

Johnny Depp- His early career is fab, but anything from '05- present is so chocked full of ham and cheese that it needs toasting.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching the Great British Bake Off Sport Relief specials have we?

I have to admit that I found her voice somewhat annoying

Haha!

I wasn't aware she was on there, or that it was even on to be honest.

Yes it definitely has something to do with her voice. And she is always one of those actors that are meant to be 'so good'. I just don't get it. For me she ruins everything she is in.

Even a Tesco advert!
  • 42dragonfly42dragonfly Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Definitely:

And and Dec
    Rickey Gervais
    Keith Lemon
    Gary Barlow
    Simon Cowell
    Jonathan Ross
    Sarah Millican
    Piers Morgan
    Russell Brand

to name but a few...
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anything with Jo Brand . I absolutely detest her . the only episodes of HIGNFY that I've ever missed were ones with her in .

• FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Jason and Tom hanks
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 130,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy Carr
    Jonathan Ross
    Keith Lemon
    Stephen Fry
    Carol Vorderman
    Sarah Millican
    Michael Mcintyre
    Russell Brand
    Gordon Ramsey
    Robbie Williams

I'm sure there are a few more....
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Alan Carr, Keith Lemon and Piers Morgan
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst by far - Kirsty Allsopp and Phil Spencer (They both have such an air of self congratulatory smugness about them).

The others:-

Corrie whenever Antony Cotton's on it. For me he's put the idea of the positive portrayal of a gay character on TV back about 30 years, (plus, nsurely he's living proof that at some point John Inman must have fathered a child).

Liza Maxwell, Kerry Katona, Peter Andre, Loius Spence, Kaye Burley, Mylene Klass. (Utterly talentless waste of space each one of them).

Ricky Gervais, (not remotely as funny as he seems to believe he is).

Slightly lesser irritants, but still liable to make me instantly switch channels:-
    Richard Arnold, Gary Barlow, Denise Welch, Jimmy Carr, Lorraine Kelly, Eamon Holmes and any of the former Spice Girls.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    marlman wrote: »
    Anything involving Louis Spence!

I don't avoid him, I don't usually watch the sort of stuff he's on.
    It's the stupid mincing gay man act, I can't take.
    He's not stupid and apparently he's accomplished in his day job.
    It's his OTT 'act' I can't take, that's what they get him on to do though.

Katie Hopkins, turned up in the opening of This Week, the other week, swore at the TV, the BBC and turned over.
    She's just a professional 'controversialist' nothing more, just an act.

Kelvin McKenzie and Piers Morgan, former is a scumbag, latter is an oleaginous scumbag and a p poor interviewer to boot.