123457»

Comments

• Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Yoofs can be idiots. You should be more angered at the old bitch

I agree. She was old enough to know better.

Old people can be extremely bad mannered at times
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without posting a huge generalisation, in my experience of using public transport I have found old people to be the rudest users. Of course, this does not mean that all elderly people are the anti-Christ and yes I have witnessed occasions where young people have been incredibly rude also however for the most part, from what I've seen it's the elderly users. Some of them seem to think the world always owes them something and that's the wrong attitude to have, especially when it means they're being rude to an innocent bystander who hasn't done anything wrong. I understand that the last generation built and maintained what we have today but you can't go around demanding orders like you're some sort of authority. Usually I don't encounter any unpleasantness on my regular bus journeys to and from work but now and again I'll come across a mental elderly person who seemingly only uses the bus to abuse people, as if this is what their life has come down to after retirement. It's not on but as I said earlier, it doesn't happen often so it's not much of a problem really.

If you think you shouldn't give up your seat for a pregnant woman then you're a ****ing idiot. Seriously, unscrew your head and wash your brain. Bloody hell... Of course you give up your seat for a pregnant woman. Think of the extra weight she is carrying and most importantly, that's an unborn life inside of her. If she was forced to stand up because you were too selfish to give up your seat, had an accident and the unborn child sadly died then I'm sorry but the blood is on your hands. That sounds far-fetched but it's common sense and courtesy to give up your seat for a woman who is pregnant and if you can't understand why then you're just dumb.

I also have a gripe with people who don't move for prams. I've noticed people from both ends of this spectrum being rude so I can't really take sides here. What I will say is that in reality, if somebody with a buggy gets on the bus then you're supposed to stand up and move in my opinion, it's not fair that they should be restricted because you're too selfish to move a couple of rows back or stand up. There are times when people with prams have parked in the wheelchair bay, now this again, is fine by me as long as they willingly and quickly move out of the way for a disabled person. Thankfully I've never seen anybody moan about moving to let a disabled user on the bus.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,287
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why you expected three people to give up their seats for you, and sit on the carpet themselves :confused:

Well, rather than tell everyone that I'm not going to move for others, and sound really selfish, I thought I'd tell everyone why I'm unlikely to move somebody else. That train journey was not a pleasant experience.

If others aren't going to offer they're seat to me, then I'm unlikely to give mine to somebody else. When it comes to public transport, it's every man for themselves.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Well, rather than tell everyone that I'm not going to move for others, and sound really selfish, I thought I'd tell everyone why I'm unlikely to move somebody else. That train journey was not a pleasant experience.

If others aren't going to offer they're seat to me, then I'm unlikely to give mine to somebody else. When it comes to public transport, it's every man for themselves.

Is there any reason why you should have been offered a seat, e.g. are you disabled or infirm? If not, then your complaint makes little sense.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being pregnant doesnt make a woman deserving of a seat
    missy83 wrote: »
    Nobody ''deserves'' a seat but offering yours up to someone who might welcome it more is a nice thing to do.

Exactly.