Options

Thoughts on Andrea Singing on Love Week Result Show?

SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
Forum Member
✭✭
I am sad that a clearly talented opera singer has to resort to singing rat pack crooner-number to get invited to Strictly. I know he sang Time to Say Goodbye in the past with Katherine Jenkins, which was at best popera, but I thought it was a waste of his talent.

He sang it really well though, not like the other opera singer Alfie Boe who tried to operafy a Bond song and made my skin crawl.

Comments

• Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfie Boe who tried to operafy a Bond song and made my skin crawl.
    I think it's because he might have fleas, try the spot-on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's because he might have fleas, try the spot-on

Sorry, only works on cat fleas. Alfie's clearly making a dog's dinner out of that song...
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sad that a clearly talented opera singer has to resort to singing rat pack crooner-number to get invited to Strictly. I know he sang Time to Say Goodbye in the past with Katherine Jenkins, which was at best popera, but I thought it was a waste of his talent.

He sang it really well though, not like the other opera singer Alfie Boe who tried to operafy a Bond song and made my skin crawl.
    Andrea Bocelli is not an opera singer.
    His slow rendition of that love song almost sent me to sleep.

I could say more - but it's after 3 a.m. so I'll save further comments for another day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Andrea Bocelli is not an opera singer.
    His slow rendition of that love song almost sent me to sleep.

I could say more - but it's after 3 a.m. so I'll save further comments for another day.

You are most kind, I must learn from you, Ignazio, then I won't be banned so many times. :D