Dr Who Ratings Thread

Comments

• Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    As a long standing member of being a DW Fan - I am pleased that it is still doing well in the "Ratings" - and even better in the 'Shares' !
    But I still think that it has diminished since the days of the Tennant! He certainly knew when to get out didn't he?? Those were the BIG days!!:):):)
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a long standing member of being a DW Fan - I am pleased that it is still doing well in the "Ratings" - and even better in the 'Shares' !
    But I still think that it has diminished since the days of the Tennant! He certainly knew when to get out didn't he?? Those were the BIG days!!:):):)

You can think that, but you're still statistically and factually wrong. ;) I mean, that whole 50th anniversary thing... Kinda caused a bit of a ruckus!
  • Bob_1971Bob_1971 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    You can think that, but you're still statistically and factually wrong. ;) I mean, that whole 50th anniversary thing... Kinda caused a bit of a ruckus!

And remind us who was in that episode? ;-)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob_1971 wrote: »
    And remind us who was in that episode? ;-)

William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison. Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant. Matt Smith & Peter Capaldi

Back on the ratings - get predicting tomorrow's shift!
  • Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live + VOSDAL: 4.808m
    + Day 1: 6.125m
    + Day 2: 6.526m
    + Day 3: 6.657m
    + Day 4: 6.725m

Could be a close thing to reach the 7m mark

EDIT: Just looking at the timings of the programme, looks like we could see a significant shift once the time adjustment is taken into account - 19:31 - 20:18 (which I believe are the start and end times of the episode) sees an average of 6.823m
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Yog101 wrote: »

EDIT: Just looking at the timings of the programme, looks like we could see a significant shift once the time adjustment is taken into account - 19:31 - 20:18 (which I believe are the start and end times of the episode) sees an average of 6.823m

Thanks so much for posting these each week. Very interesting.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Damn. The last day or so normally timeshifts much better than those preceding so hopefully with that plus the timings adjustment it'll get over the line.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    It surprises me to still see people bigging up the ratings as though anyone really thinks the show is in danger and they have to prove it isn't. Of course it's not! You'd have to be a fool to think it was.

And yet, I see people all the time raving about how the ratings show that no-one watches Doctor Who any more.
    I think I saw two or three this past week.
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet, I see people all the time raving about how the ratings show that no-one watches Doctor Who any more.

These people never fail to amaze me: it's like they want the show to fail - it's kind of sad they do that to be honest.

I for one am pleased Doctor Who is still doing so well in the ratings - it bodes well for the future of the show :)
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member

To be fair, I used to be one of those people. It wasn't that I was trying to diss the show, I was genuinely worried at the fall in overnights and whether this would jeopardise the show going forward. The discussion for me was always about whether the show had stopped being 'must see' TV or if it was just a change in viewing habits.

But I'm much more comfortable now with the overnights and final viewing figures, particularly since the show (even just on overnights) is wiping the floor with pretty much everything else on Saturday night TV apart from X-Factor (although I think Strictly might help with that).

The fact is the BBC seems happy with how the show is performing and Irma Bunt says elsewhere in this thread that the show is doing incredibly well still (and Irma works for ITV!). So I'm a happy bunny now. Hopefully the other worriers will follow suit. :)
  • Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    + Day 5: 6.798m

So with 2 days and time adjustment to be added, 202k is needed to reach the 7m mark. It may fall just short.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    + Day 5: 6.798m

So with 2 days and time adjustment to be added, 202k is needed to reach the 7m mark. It may fall just short.

Ah Gallifreyan B*lls.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Sorry but I can't help giggling inside at the fact that Doctor Who is so popular on "time-shift". I just get this idea that timelord technology started out as iplayer and grew from there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, still higher than Blink :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final ratings for previous episode 5 slots:

Series 1 - 7.98m
    Series 2 - 9.22m (boosted by football)
    Series 3 - 6.97m
    Series 4 - 6.53m
    Series 5 - 8.50m
    Series 6a - 7.35m
    Series 6b - 6.93m (autumn run)
    Series 7a - 7.82m (autumn run, mid- series finale)
    Series 7b - 6.52m

(Thanks Duncan)
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't trust Live+7 but here you go.

Doctor Who - Deep Breath has a final Live+7 UK TV audience of 10.76 million viewers.

The Live+7 figure includes not only those who watch the BBC One broadcast and those who time-shift it, but also those who watch the repeats on other UK channels and those who watch the programme on i-Player. The total figure is an estimate of the total number of unique viewers, who have watched the episode on television, within one week on broadcast.

The Deep Breath figure was made up of
    6.807 million - Watched Live or by delayed recording on the same day
    0.456 million - watched a repeat
    2.525 million - watched on Time-shift
    0.971 million - watched on iPlayer
    66% of the audience watched it Live or on the same day compared with a BBC average of 87%. 22% watched on time-shift where the average is 6%, and 9% watched on iPlayer compared to an average for all BBC programmes of 3%.

The figure does not include those who watched only at a cinema.
    Robot of Sherwood has now been confirmed as finishing 10th in the weekly chart. Is the sixth episode in a row to reach the UK top Ten
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Capaldi’s Doctor Who debut defeated major Hollywood films when it was shown at US cinemas last month.

The feature-length episode was screened at more than 650 cinemas on August 25th and, according to figures compiled by Rentrak, took more than all other films shown that night.

“Doctor Who continues to grow in the U.S. and it is thrilling to see the fans come out for the theatrical screening experience as we’ve embarked on new adventures with Peter Capaldi as the Doctor,” said Soumya Sriraman, BBC Worldwide North America’s EVP Home Entertainment and Licensing.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/doctor-who-season-opener-tops-us-box-office/
  • cricketmancricketman Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I don't trust Live+7 but here you go.

Doctor Who - Deep Breath has a final Live+7 UK TV audience of 10.76 million viewers.

The Live+7 figure includes not only those who watch the BBC One broadcast and those who time-shift it, but also those who watch the repeats on other UK channels and those who watch the programme on i-Player. The total figure is an estimate of the total number of unique viewers, who have watched the episode on television, within one week on broadcast.

The Deep Breath figure was made up of
    6.807 million - Watched Live or by delayed recording on the same day
    0.456 million - watched a repeat
    2.525 million - watched on Time-shift
    0.971 million - watched on iPlayer
    66% of the audience watched it Live or on the same day compared with a BBC average of 87%. 22% watched on time-shift where the average is 6%, and 9% watched on iPlayer compared to an average for all BBC programmes of 3%.

The figure does not include those who watched only at a cinema.
    Robot of Sherwood has now been confirmed as finishing 10th in the weekly chart. Is the sixth episode in a row to reach the UK top Ten

Is there anywhere where I can get LIVE + 7 TOP 10 CHARTS?
  • jodojodo Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I like to pop in and see the updates and breakdowns here (thank you providers). The time-shift and other additions to the broadcast figures seem especially high for the show - one of the highest on time-shift and iplayer views I expect some will confirmed (or already has!). It is fascinating to see how viewing habits are changing with technology.

As the show is appearing in the top ten and regularly beating the soaps then there is nothing to worry about and that's before the overseas sales (not an option for most UK programmes) are considered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4.93 million - 23.8% share. Second most watched programme.

( Slightly up on 'Listen' - for both )

(( The X Factor drew 8.57m/40.1% ))

Free fall aborted, yet again ;-) Now we wait for AI, Listen's finals and what SCD brings us, next week! :)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should be in the range of around 7 million for finals again. Next weeks result will be fascinating to see, so many variables it's hard to know where the overnights will land....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    should be in the range of around 7 million for finals again. Next weeks result will be fascinating to see, so many variables it's hard to know where the overnights will land....

Exactly. It's got an 8.30 slot which could both help or hinder it, and it's got the SCD lead in, but it's also up against X Factor for the full slot. Shall be interesting indeed
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a better lead in I was expecting about 5m so that's okay.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens with the SCD lead in and the later time slot next week.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously helped by the far better lead in. The ratings are stable enough (around or slightly below series 7 overall). The AI still needs to improve though. Last night's episode seemed to have been surprisingly marmite so it'll be interesting to see what that gets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chase: Celebrity Special had 4.2 million
    Pointless Celebrities had 3.9 million

Top 10 w/e 7th Sep

Link