Options

Big Band is the week for a "moment" - who will have one?

StubeStube Posts: 16,833
Forum Member
✭✭
Leona had one with 'Summertime', Alexandra became a contender with 'Candyman', Rachel Adedeji topped the vote with 'Proud Mary' - who will have a moment this week?

I think it'll be one of the girls - probably Lauren.

Comments

• Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Really hoping its Lauren, Fleur had hers on Saturday,imo.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping it's a "moment" where Stevi finally goes before more damage is done.

Anyways, I'm hoping that Lauren finally gets to shine as her voice should be perfect for Big Band.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I think if Andrea is given feeling good or New York State of mind I think he could give us another epic performance
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul would have brought the house down with 'Summertime' :(

Likewise if Andrea gets Feeling Good :D

Fleur said on Xtra she's be doing something that hasn't been done before - and it sounds like she'll be going up tempo again. So I'm hoping she does well.:cool:
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Paul is gone ( I thought this could have been his week, but he would probably get sabotage him again if he was still there)...this is probably Lauren's week looking at the theme...they might finally put her last and she'll kill God Bless The Child or some song like that...
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ben can deliver a sassy jazzy big band performance.
    I think James from Stereo kicks has a superb voice and, if given the right song, he could lead SK to a moment and to a more secure top five place.
    James' voice really is extraordinary for an 18 year old.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea, but the others all have a shot this week.

The groups least of all, unfortunately, because bigband makes the most of two kinds of solo singers-great voiced ones and those who can deliver with excellent timing and character. Fleur and Ben are not outstanding vocally, but Fleur can really put character in her delivery and has excellent timing and dynamics within her voices ability,and if BEn is given a suitably relaxed melody line,he could likely pull off a Sinatra style delivery well, so it might be a good week for him, too.I think Lauren might barely skate by this week,and suspect it will be one of Jay's strong genre leanings and he will have one of his best weeks.Stevie will probably already have a song he can do well ready for this genre and also have a stronger than usual week.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Lauren Andrea and Fleur will do the best but hoping Ben and Stereo Kicks will
  • Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would really be a moment if Lauren danced and then Brian Friedman can get what he wanted 2 weeks ago lol.

I reckon it'll be OTYs moment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would really be a moment if Lauren danced and then Brian Friedman can get what he wanted 2 weeks ago lol.

I reckon it'll be OTYs moment

I doubt they have the vocal chops to have a real moment...
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul would have had the moment and clawed back support but no doubt Simon thought that and got rid
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren will never be able to hit high note so there is no way she will have a moment as you guys predicted.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Andrea yet again. ....feeling good would be perfect for him, kinda cant copy Michael Biuble version though!!! Got to have his own arrangement

Can't see Lauren stepping up to the plate on this theme. ..would like to see Fleur ir even Ben having a moment too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »
    Lauren will never be able to hit high note so there is no way she will have a moment as you guys predicted.

You don't know that..:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at all these men criticising Lauren cause she cant hit a high note.

They probably have a higher pitched voice than her and shes a girl!!!

insult to the men not Lauren :D
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ben can deliver a sassy jazzy big band performance.
    I think James from Stereo kicks has a superb voice and, if given the right song, he could lead SK to a moment and to a more secure top five place.
    James' voice really is extraordinary for an 18 year old.

That struck me on Saturday. He is completely wasted in that line up when the boys' soloist group had such weak links in Jake and Jack. As it is he is getting lost in the chaos of the group they don't know what to do with.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul would have had the moment and clawed back support but no doubt Simon thought that and got rid

Agree. He'd have been fantastic with the big band and that would have jeopardised Simon's favoured Ben and family man Jay.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking it'll go something like this:

Stevi will do his usual novelty act.

Jay will get the song of death 'That's Life'.

Stereo Kicks will sound awful but the judges' comments won't reflect this maybe bar Cheryl's.

Only The Young won't have a great week performance-wise either. They'll go home.

Ben won't be as good as the last couple of weeks but Simon will hype it up.

Fleur will put on a massive show.

Andrea will be given a song that doesn't showcase his vocals too much with subtle "vote-killing" techniques.

Lauren will be given the pimp slot and will have her "moment" after a few underwhelming weeks of performances.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like Lauren I don't thin k this will be a good week for her. Big Band songs can be deceptively difficult to sing and I don't think Lauren could cope with a talky song.

I actually think there is huge potential for OTY here. We might be surprised.

A shame but if anyone this would have been the week Paul blew it out of the park.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I'm thinking it'll go something like this:

Stevi will do his usual novelty act.

Jay will get the song of death 'That's Life'.

Stereo Kicks will sound awful but the judges' comments won't reflect this maybe bar Cheryl's.

Only The Young won't have a great week performance-wise either. They'll go home.

Ben won't be as good as the last couple of weeks but Simon will hype it up.

Fleur will put on a massive show.

Andrea will be given a song that doesn't showcase his vocals too much with subtle "vote-killing" techniques.

Lauren will be given the pimp slot and will have her "moment" after a few underwhelming weeks of performances.

Sounds very plausible...
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Milkita wrote: »

Thats your opinion, not a fact.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul definitely was the one who could have really stolen the show, because he has a voice close to equal to Andreas and better timing and sense of vocal placement in context of a track.Given the way he managed to sound good with his ridiculously unprofessional backing for Don't Stop Me, he could probably even manage a credible scat(real scatting, not the nod to it typically seen when the occasional singer attempts i on these shows).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul can sing but I didn't enjoy his voice
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul definitely was the one who could have really stolen the show, because he has a voice close to equal to Andreas and better timing and sense of vocal placement in context of a track.Given the way he managed to sound good with his ridiculously unprofessional backing for Don't Stop Me, he could probably even manage a credible scat(real scatting, not the nod to it typically seen when the occasional singer attempts i on these shows).

Yeah Paul would have been odds on to have a moment. Perhaps that's why they were keen to get rid of him so quickly rather than let the run take it's course.
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea, but the others all have a shot this week.

The groups least of all, unfortunately, because bigband makes the most of two kinds of solo singers-great voiced ones and those who can deliver with excellent timing and character. Fleur and Ben are not outstanding vocally, but Fleur can really put character in her delivery and has excellent timing and dynamics within her voices ability,and if BEn is given a suitably relaxed melody line,he could likely pull off a Sinatra style delivery well, so it might be a good week for him, too.I think Lauren might barely skate by this week,and suspect it will be one of Jay's strong genre leanings and he will have one of his best weeks.Stevie will probably already have a song he can do well ready for this genre and also have a stronger than usual week.

Totally agree with all of this