Options

Galaxy S2 - Blue Screen Issue

AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
Forum Member
Hi all,

I turned on my Galaxy S2 this morning and the screen is a very dark blue. I've tried several things to fix it - removing the battery, letting it cool down, starting up in safe mode, and so on, but despite all this it remains a deep, dark blue. There is some normal colouring to the right hand side of the screen, but the rest seems to have gotten darker since I first turned it on today.

It was absolutely fine last night - I was using it to listen to music and turned it off when I went to bed as normal. The problem only arose this morning.
I've really had enough of this handset - aside from being the only high-end mobile I've ever bought, it's also been the most troublesome. I had to fork out £150 to fix it over the summer, the SIM card reader has been broken for about three months so it won't even make any calls/texts, and now this as well. I've lost my work recently and have literally zero money - I can't even afford myself a cheap handset as a replacement right now, so this is a problem I really didn't need.

Has anyone else suffered a similar issue? If so, any recommendations for what I could try to do, or has my phone had it now? :(

Comments

• Options
    lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the screen on my Samsung Galaxy Europa, now replaced with the S4, turn a bit purple sometimes, but just locking and unlocking the phone would make it return normal. Phone has his little issues but I'd say it still works pretty fine.
    It does look like your problem can only be solved with a repair unfortunately. Sorry I can't be of much help.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the response :)

I've been so unlucky with this phone it's unreal. It fell out of a hole in the lining of my backpack in the summer, and I had to spend £150 having a new screen put in.

The SIM card reader has since stopped working, conveniently two days after I changed network for the first time in 9 years.

And now this problem too. I've had four Samsung phones in the past decade. I'm now doubting whether I want another, or whether it's time for a change...when I can afford it in of course.
  • Options
    lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't you try and contact who replaced the screen? I am not sure at all, but if the replacement screen has its own warranty, you might get it repaired for free maybe.