EE - Would you like to see Chrissie come back?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Obviously the thought of it sounds very strange and unlikely, but the character of Chrissie Watts led the show throughout 2005.

It would be interesting to see what she is like now, and how the character has changed since being in prison for the murder of Den.

Also, the reaction and impact on Sharon would be interesting to see. Would she seek forgiveness?

If I'm honest, personally I don't think she will ever come back as her role was as Den's wife and Den is gone now. However, would you like to see her come back, even for a short stint?

Share thoughts... :)

Would you like to see Chrissie back? 97 votes

Yes
47% 46 votes
No
42% 41 votes
Don't mind
10% 10 votes

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.

One story, one time character. Brilliant and would be spoiled by bringing her back.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    No.

Her exit was pretty good though. Arrested at the airport. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUg8Iun9To4
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    What for? To completely avoid acknowledging any relationship between herself and Sharon or Kat; shag the nearest Branning and then be reduced to a glorified extra while Ronnie gets all the storylines?

Nah, better off left in the past where she can be remembered as she was.
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bringing ANYBODY back won't help EE now. It's slid too far down the ladder.

What it needs are new writers and some new believable stories...anyway if previous attempts are anything to go by...they ruin the character when they return!
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted no I didn't like her first time around so a second shot would be unlikely to impress me however if it ever happened it would be out of my control anyway so the only exciting thing I would feel to come of it is how it would affect Kat - would it be like Ronnie getting out on a lower level? Would the writers even acknowledge it? I live in hope they would but probably not...that's the only interest I'd invest in her return anyway otherwise no never liked her, never will and she had a sell by date even if I had of liked her cos I can't see where she'd fit in without Den
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, because there's no reason for her to return. No family, the small problem of the Mitchells hating her for framing Sam, no job, no house. Another Sharon, then.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I voted No.

Loved Chrissy and Tracey is an awesome actress but don't see any point storyline wise for her to return.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    I don't know. For me, Dens whole return was a huge mistake and I'd like to forget about it. But depending on where Sharon's character goes, maybe.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    What for? To completely avoid acknowledging any relationship between herself and Sharon or Kat; shag the nearest Branning and then be reduced to a glorified extra while Ronnie gets all the storylines?

Nah, better off left in the past where she can be remembered as she was.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Then again, if Ronnie can return to the place and stay in the house of the people who's baby she stole, I'm sure Chrissie can happily swan back into the square, maybe even become BFFs with Sharon.

Joking of course.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I hated the character.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adored Chrissie Watts, but after the hatchet job they've performed on Kat and Sharon since they returned I never want to see Chrissie back. She was a great character, and I'd like to remember her that way.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new dragon on Dragon's Den looks a lot like her. That's good enough for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her but sometimes the writers don't seem to know how to write for the characters who supposedly have a reason to be there, so Chrissie returning would probably be a disappointment in more ways than one.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    I adored Chrissie Watts, but after the hatchet job they've performed on Kat and Sharon since they returned I never want to see Chrissie back. She was a great character, and I'd like to remember her that way.

Same here. I'd love her back, but I know she'd be completely ruined if she ever did return.:(
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chrissie belongs in the past. There's not much for her to come back to. The show needs to move forward not back.
  • RockbirdRockbird Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    No, of course not. She was nobody in the scheme of things, a one-hit wonder who would have even less point in it now than she did back then.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The character was good at the time but she is so 10 years ago!
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    I don't know. For me, Dens whole return was a huge mistake and I'd like to forget about it. But depending on where Sharon's character goes, maybe.

Why was Dens return a huge mistake?
  • Bomani channingBomani channing Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I would love to see mrs oberman back, no. Other than sharon and maybe kat there is no one she has history with. We've already seen the heroine returning to the square after a stint in prison from janine, bianca and ronnie, we don't need another. And with ronnie, kat, sharon (honourable heroines bianca, carol, shirley). And with sadie/kirsty untapped potential the show is top loaded with females, she's unecessary.
  • Bomani channingBomani channing Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dale0693 wrote: »
    The character was good at the time but she is so 10 years ago!
    but chrissie arrived on the scene in 2004?
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but chrissie arrived on the scene in 2004?

So 9 years ago! :D
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. She's over and done with now. There's nothing to bring her back, yes Sharon's there but that won't bring her back to Walford. Maybe if Jake was still aroun and he was faithful and waited for her then yes. But she's done with she was a brilliant character and left with a good exit. It's better not to ruin that.

However if she returned for a special week of episodes or maybe two (like Phill did in 2005) or a one off episode then that might work. She could have been realised and come back for Sharon's forgiveness then leave to start fresh or maybe escape prison and track Sharon down for money, maybe kidnapp Denny as a ransom. But even that idea has no need for it really. Would be good though actually.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Why was Dens return a huge mistake?
    Well there was no reason for him to return. There was no characters at the time for him to come back to. Sharon had moved well on from him if you ask me. Den's return was such a pointless part of Sharon's story that there was no need for it to be done.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    So 9 years ago! :D

I know its 9 years really but I said it because its very close to 10 years :) and it feels like a lifetime ago since Chrissie was in EE