Options

Music, Money and Hip Hop Honeys. BBC 3, 9pm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
Forum Member
The controversal world of music videos and the dancers who appear in these them.
The affect they have on teenagers ree evident.

Comments

• Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else watching?
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know this was on. I'll catch it on the Iplayer.
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was all very predictable!
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did laugh when she ended up in a video herself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Nel really shouldn't have joined them. She began with genuine concern about the overt sexual imagery of the video which is mimiced in clubs all over the country. The men always have the power and the voice. Nel's moral stand faded after her visit to America and she saw how much the dancers (I use the term lovely) could earn and how it may lead to other opportunities. That doesn't make the videos positive in anyway and she even said they continue to push the sexual content as there are no boundaries.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Lots of discussion on Twitter about this. Plenty of honeys posting complete with their sexy profile pics!! :D

I saw the girls as being pretty similar to the clubbing wag wannabes. Get glammed up and hang out with the z list hiphop stars and try and climb the ladder to meet bigger stars and become a celeb yourself. It's just another part of the fame game.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of these 'honeys' are absolute beasts :eek:
  • Options
    QuickbloodQuickblood Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it was a bit predictable seen it all before but still interesting. I totally understand how women are sedudced by this but it's rarely as glamourous as it appears & doesn't pay well especially in the UK where it always looks a bit tragic lol!
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw this on top of the iPlayer rankings. It's both funny and a little pathetic how easily a low budget BBC Three documentary can rocket to the top because men see a suggestive thumbnail and feel compelled to click it. I suppose it's that sad fact which justifies the existence of "hip hop honeys" in the first place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had never really thought about what goes on behind the music video scenes. some of the cases were a bit sad
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Sad and desperate. Turning up to dance for free for no name hip hop artists and thinking that's cool or a step on the ladder to fame. I wonder how many young ladies who watched that programme will now start looking out for Facebook ads to turn up at videos. Girls, you ain't never gonna be dancing with Jay Z, P Diddy and 50 cent! But then some girls like to hang out with the local drug barons so...