Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Kati back
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why this forum has always disliked Karen so much.

I don't think she adds much to the judging panel, but the one who has a big negative impact, imo, is Jason; and Ashley's the one who seems most pointless. Why on earth was she ever picked as a judge? :confused:
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,170
    Forum Member
    No idea why Ashley was appointed to judge DoI - the judging panel was the reason I declined to watch the programme - I kept up date with it on here.

If they bring back Kati Witt and Nicky Slater I will start watching - if they want a choroegrapher/dancer what about someone like Wayne Sleep, and ditch Jason, Ashley and Karen
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I don't understand why this forum has always disliked Karen so much.

I don't think she adds much to the judging panel, but the one who has a big negative impact, imo, is Jason; and Ashley's the one who seems most pointless. Why on earth was she ever picked as a judge? :confused:

Ashley was picked due to the success of her bandmate Nicole scherzinger of the x factor which I thought was a bit of a strange decision myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    No idea why Ashley was appointed to judge DoI - the judging panel was the reason I declined to watch the programme - I kept up date with it on here.

If they bring back Kati Witt and Nicky Slater I will start watching - if they want a choroegrapher/dancer what about someone like Wayne Sleep, and ditch Jason, Ashley and Karen

Ashley was my favourite on IACGMOOH but she brought nothing of any note to the Ice Panel, .... Wayne Sleep would probably be a good addition
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just prefer last years panel back. Should never have changed it this year IMO.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Ashley was picked due to the success of her bandmate Nicole scherzinger of the x factor which I thought was a bit of a strange decision myself.

I think it has more to do with her surprising second place on I'm A Celebrity.
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »

Oh I get ya lol. :D
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Robin, Katerina and Jason next year
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Oh I get ya lol. :D

Is there a joke there I'm not getting? :confused:

(And, if so, what is it?)
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dream tieam - Robin, Katerina, Louie and Kres.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    I'd just prefer last years panel back. Should never have changed it this year IMO.

I almost agree, but Robin's gone down in my estimation this year, so for me, Louie, Katarina and someone else as head judge.
    Forum Member
    Anne I don't know whether the judges have fallen out with their bosses, but it seems that way. They probably don't like to be gagged to have favouritism but put up with it for the money. :(
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,170
    Forum Member
    I almost agree, but Robin's gone down in my estimation this year, so for me, Louie, Katarina and someone else as head judge.

Please - not Karen Barber, how about Nicky Slater instead along with Kati and bring back Karen (Kres) Kresge
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne I don't know whether the judges have fallen out with their bosses, but it seems that way. They probably don't like to be gagged to have favouritism but put up with it for the money. :(
    There might have been some attempted manipulation of the judges by the producers. Who knows? But whether there was or not I doubt if they were told to remain seated after the result was announced and I'd be very surprised to learn that Robin was instructed to post an opinion on twitter that questioned Beth's right to her success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Katarina took too long to say what she wanted to say, and was often interrupted to speed her up, so that she was cut short. That is why she was removed.

That doesn't sound much of a reason - there was probably more to it than that. There were many complaints about Jason, but he is still there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please - not Karen Barber, how about Nicky Slater instead along with Kati and bring back Karen (Kres) Kresge

I was quite smitten with Kres - she was very attractive, charming, polite, and knowledgeable about skating and showbusiness. I was very disappointed when she disappeared.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really need another ice dancer. How about Marina Klimova ? (They did have Natalia Bestemianova in Series 2). Klimova is attractive, and might make Karen uncomfortable and insecure, which might create some tension on the panel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they bring back Kati Witt and Nicky Slater I will start watching - if they want a choroegrapher/dancer what about someone like Wayne Sleep,

Not forgetting the other Karen - Kresge