Options

Have you ever lost your wallet/purse?

Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
Forum Member
And did you get it back?

I left my wallet in a phone box (mid 90's) - it had my first ever pay packet inside it :( It was half an hour before I realised and went back but it was gone. Never got it back, it was quite an ordeal for a 17 year old though I imagine it is at any age.

Comments

• Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had my purse stolen from my bag which was hanging on the back of my son's buggy. My other son saw someone take it from my bag and was trying to tell me but I kept telling him to hold on as I was looking at stuff in a shop. When I discovered it was gone a few minutes later he said "That's what I was trying to tell you Mum, I saw the man take it."

Edit: And no, I never got it back - unsurprisingly!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost my wallet once on a train and someone posted it back to me. Bless them.

Lost one another time in a pub and never saw that again.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    One fell out my pocket on a bus once. I never saw it again. Luckily nothing of high value was in there.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    yes a couple of times and i never got it back. one had my mother`s wedding and engagement rings in.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    No, have found a couple though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, because I check I've got it all the time.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I left it in tesco's once - used it in there at 7.30am but didn't realise until I got home that night at 6ish :eek:

I've also thrown my credit card in the bin before - my partner found it and went absolutely mental at me :o
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I lost my wallet once and didn't realise till I got home.............I retraced my steps and someone had handed it in at one of the buildings I'd been in............

It was karma because only a few weeks earlier I'd found a wallet at that same building and handed it in................

:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been very lucky- never lost my purse, keys or phone yet. Most probably because I constantly check my bag to make sure I still have everything on me.
  • Options
    ReddybookReddybook Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Years ago, in my teens. I lost it, I don't know where, reported it to the police, and at the end of the working day, a lady that lived in the same road as me, that I knew, returned it to me. I, apparrently, had dropped it in roadside kerb., nearby.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been very lucky- never lost my purse, keys or phone yet.

I forgot my keys a few years ago and was locked out

One of my neighbours gained entry to my flat with a wire coathanger.........:o...............I was so grateful I didn't think to ask what use he normally put that skill to...............:p
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I lost mine outside Argos about three weeks ago. I realised I had dropped it within a few minutes, but despite frantically searching around and going into all the shops to see if it had been handed in, I couldn't find it.

Fortunately, I got a call from the police a couple of days later saying someone had handed it in. Phew!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Yep - it fell out of my jeans back pocket as I was getting into my car. Got home and had a phone call - someone had picked it up, got my name and address from my driving licence, looked me up in the book and left a message. Fifteen minutes later it was back in my hand. There are some honest people out there......
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, never lost a wallet.

Some guy stole my phone in a nightclub last summer though. I was very drunk, went mental when i realised it was gone and started a fight with the person i thought had taken it (they hadn't and i got arrested that night, never got my phone back either). :(
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for a few years, though I did leave it in the supermarket a year ago and had to run back and get it!
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Three times and each time It's been handed in with everything in it. Very lucky. Now I'm almost paranoid about it, I check it all the time and I have a chain which attaches it to my bag (and makes me look like Roy Cropper:o:D).
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes lost it several times in London and once down here in Folkestone - which i got back with all the cash still in!!

Think I am prob the king at losing my mobile though - at least once a year!! Think I need help
  • Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few months ago during a power cut in a heavy storm storm while I was in a restaurant. I didnt realise until the next morning, I rang them and they still had it, so collected it. Everything in tact and how I left it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Yes, it fell out of my pocket when I was getting out of a car about 3 years ago. Thankfully the car was parked on the same road as the city police station, and a nice lady picked it up and handed it in, using my driving licence to identify me. I rang her to say thank you.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, about two years ago, I rather stupidly left in the cinema! It was found and I got it back the next day - that same week I lost my phone and also managed to get it back off the person who found it, probably the luckiest week I've ever had :D I'm not usually not forgetful though :o
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twice.

Once in a nightclub, and once on a train.

I didn't get either of them back but luckily I didn't lose much cash either time.