Poor poor Freddie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
Forum Member
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but what the hell is with these housemates!? What the hell crawled up their butthole and died!?

I mean, Freddie's not the most tolerable person, but he's not in any way a bad guy. What the hell has he done to deserve this tripe!?

I for one hope he makes it all the way through. He might not win, but I have a feeling he'll go far.

Well, I bloody hope so!

Comments

• Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he willl have the last laugh wont he, when those numpties are walking through the exit doors to a large dose of booing.
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes a lovely guy,my second fave after Rod..i dont get it either.:(
  • p1xiep1xie Posts: 2,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't get it either. He's definitely turned into the whipping-boy. It's far less extreme, of course, but to me it's slightly reminiscent of the Shahbaz situation in BB7. It's as if most of them have accepted that it's ok to be nasty to Freddie. Even the ones who aren't actively joining in are not doing a lot to defend him.
  • Tuffnutz2008Tuffnutz2008 Posts: 2,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9 nominations.

Is it a record? :eek:
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Well just think how much it`ll annoy them even more if he stays on Friday :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Freddie too and he is behaving in a way that Charlie nor Kris would have the brains to do, he isn't rising to their bait. Though I'm not a big fan of Sree I cringe for him at those two stripping him of his shorts, thats like playground bullying, they are bound to know that Srees beliefs and upbringing would scorn this behaviour, they should respect that Sree isn't as westernised as they are.
  • MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for him too but he is going to show them all up on Friday by surviving again! :D Oh it will be grand!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    it's just scapegoating. happens all the time in lockdown situations like bb.

somebody isn't the same, in a way that allows people to scapegoat them without fear of being called racist, sexist or bullies.

freddie, being a white upper-class male, qualifies in all departments for the scapegoating.

on top of that, freddie doesn't have a support network which would make it scarier to attack him, so it's gung-ho for freddie-baiting as they're all looking for some kind of kicking-post to vent their fear and frustrations.

unfortunately their lack of insight means that they don't see how their behaviour will negatively affect their chances in BB, so it goes on.

of course, ultimately freddie is rapidly becoming known as "the victim" and will soon be guaranteed a place in the final four.
  • bunnydsbunnyds Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 are not showing us the full picture obviously. If he did get nine nominations then he surely must be more of a pain then is shown on the highlights.
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davinawho wrote: »
    it's just scapegoating. happens all the time in lockdown situations like bb.

somebody isn't the same, in a way that allows people to scapegoat them without fear of being called racist, sexist or bullies.

freddie, being a white upper-class male, qualifies in all departments for the scapegoating.

on top of that, freddie doesn't have a support network which would make it scarier to attack him, so it's gung-ho for freddie-baiting as they're all looking for some kind of kicking-post to vent their fear and frustrations.

unfortunately their lack of insight means that they don't see how their behaviour will negatively affect their chances in BB, so it goes on.

of course, ultimately freddie is rapidly becoming known as "the victim" and will soon be guaranteed a place in the final four.

Amen to that.:)
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is always this kind of thing in large groups. Freddie is amusing on the HL shows at times but living with him must be a real drag. He's not the sharpest guy in the world and not aware of how stupid some of the stuff he is saying sounds. He's very hard to take seriously and so he has become a joke to the housemates and sits at the bottom of the pile. When someone like Lisa sets off on one, you'll have Marcus returning with force. Freddie lacks the balls to argue or the wit to silence her and just sits timidly.

I don't think he's a winner. Though perhaps he is a BB winner as BB winners are often merely victims. Nor do I think he is handling it well.

IMO, it's not just about being different. Siavash and Marcus are different. But they can relate to the other HM's and I would never use the word "weak" to describe either of them which is why they sit rather high up the "status ladder".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Well he willl have the last laugh wont he, when those numpties are walking through the exit doors to a large dose of booing.

yes exactly,that's what i love most the look of shock as they walk out the door and are greeted by boo's :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    FREDDIE FOR PRIME MINISTER !!!!!

Nu x
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunnyds wrote: »
    Channel 4 are not showing us the full picture obviously. If he did get nine nominations then he surely must be more of a pain then is shown on the highlights.

I think so as well. They don't want to lose Freddie as he is an interesting character. The thing I am getting from the live feed is he will tell a story and it will go on and on and on.:D Great tv but a nightmare to live with probably. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a nice guy, he has no menace about him, but he is a little much, was very funny though when Kris and Charlie made him hide for half an hour,
  • TrellyTrelly Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems like a really nice guy, save Freddie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or, as is more likely - the ones that nominated him are much bigger idiots.
  • Big Gay SteveBig Gay Steve Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Have to admit that Im liking Freddie alot - ok he can be a bit irritating at times but to my knowledge (And Im happy to be corrected here...) he hasnt said anything really awful or nasty yet - hes just soooo bloody... reasonable ALL the time, albeit in a snoozy-witter-on-for-HOURS-sort-of-way. Its true hes a total doormat for everyone else and a butt of most of the jokes BUT is he horrible and vile? No.

My impression is that he treats people with regard and respect - its just a pity he doesnt get it back as much as he deserves.... its probably down to the style in which he communicates to others and I suspect that this rubs Lisa in particular up the wrong way as she misinterprets him as being snobbish and aloof. Conversely, SHE can't even find the courtesy to refer to him in a respectful way when she talks about him to BB and I think she called him 'fakwit or whatever' a couple of days ago. (Im betting that she wouldnt like someone to imprint that same sort of class stereotyping onto her own lifestyle and social standing?!?)

Its going to be interesting to see what falls out of the nominations this week.......
  • holidaynumptyholidaynumpty Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know from what I've seen that I couldn't live with him.
    I would like him as a friend but definitely couldn't live with him.
    So if he's annoying the daylights out of those twonks in there..then that's just fine by me.
    I just hope he can last the distance as I think he's in one very lonely place !