Who has been the worst mentor over the years?

Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you were a contestant on the X Factor, who would be your nightmare mentor- past and present?

Worst mentor? 182 votes

Simon Cowell
12%
Marge[Deleted User]CaroUK[Deleted User]wildbenji64River_Tam[Deleted User][Deleted User]Lillylei[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]dog_eat_dog[Deleted User]xKatieLxMatt7[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User] 22 votes
Louis Walsh
17%
[Deleted User][Deleted User]Chisato GeesteHogs HeadyohinnchildrbdcayAlexos[Deleted User]lilhunni_Joageappropriate[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]PeelyposterIndigo_19chuck_wippl[Deleted User][Deleted User]Anika Hanson[Deleted User] 31 votes
Cheryl Cole
33%
[Deleted User]EurostarthreecheesesLurkalotyohinnchildRodriguezMan267[Deleted User]suniilgaz141[Deleted User]SlojoMixstar[Deleted User]wildbenji64flakecake2shy2007George7[Deleted User]nathanscaff[Deleted User] 61 votes
Dannii Minogue
3%
Alexos[Deleted User][Deleted User]ll_Calypso_ll[Deleted User][Deleted User]KieranDS 7 votes
Sharon Osbourne
25%
[Deleted User]Malc London[Deleted User]*Eileen*Chisato GeesteLisa.B*Clem*[Deleted User][Deleted User]027hudsbig bro geekspiidey[Deleted User]KasphlamGeorge7junipairedavedubivory towerUnigal07LolWtf 46 votes
The Conway Sisters
8%
[Deleted User]jamestmlilhunni_Joresearchshirley[Deleted User]tiddleboopgw71ItsAnObsession[Deleted User]xKatieLxcats academy[Deleted User]aliyah101[Deleted User][Deleted User] 15 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis Walsh
    Lou Lou without a shadow of a doubt. It's just playing in the dressing up box for him. Now and then he remembers his contestants have to deliver credible performances by which time it is too late.
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne
    Can I just ask, how do you vote for more than one person :o as soon as I've clicked someone it goes to the results.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Cowell
    The Deadly Kraken is the worst monster of all time.

Oh... mentor.. Sorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Dannii Minogue
    Oops, I ticked the wrong box (mouse is playing silly devils today).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Cowell
    LolWtf wrote: »
    Can I just ask, how do you vote for more than one person :o as soon as I've clicked someone it goes to the results.

It's a single vote poll, as it is for "the worst mentor" singular, rather than "mentors"... you could always get another username to get your second vote i guess!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis Walsh
    I can't wait to see the Cheryl haters on here. And they will only do it because of her past.

Louis is the obvious choice here as he always gets it so wrong, unfortunately it doesn't help he gets the worst categories. However he has done well with JLS and Shayne...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Cheryl Cole
    Why are the Conway Sisters on the poll - were they not acts on the X Factor ....?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Louis Walsh
    Louis is pretty awful. He almost screwed over JLS, but they were good enough to get into the final in spite of him.
  • pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Conway Sisters
    I voted for the Conway Sisters

I'd say that their mentoring skills were non-existent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Dannii Minogue
    Dannii has taken it this year. Cheryl is very unpopular but for the first few weeks it seemed Dannii was trying to get her acts to go home. Matt singing Baby one more time proved to me how out of touch she is. Travis did that exact version 10 years ago! She has a track record of misjudging which songs suit the artist - look at her own career for proof of that!

She knows little about music other than the technical side and the only reason I can think that she was put on the panel was because it would make it easier to get her sister to appear on the show.
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne
    clarkanoid wrote: »
    It's a single vote poll, as it is for "the worst mentor" singular, rather than "mentors"... you could always get another username to get your second vote i guess!

The OP has voted for 2 people though, if you look at the poll and click the numbers it shows you who voted for who :confused:

Chisato Geeste voted for both Sharon and Louis.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne
    Sharon Osbourne.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole
    Everybody is going to say Louis but I honestly think he's one of the BEST mentors; keeping in mind he is always given the worst categories as part of a laugh. Looking at his past acts...

XF1 - (Groups) G4 came second and went on to do very well.
    XF2 - (Under 24's) Shayne won.
    XF3 - (Groups again) The MacDonald Brothers came 4th and Eton Road 5th. Quite good for two groups considering that year was Leona-focused.
    XF4 - (Overs) Came 4th with Niki - again lumbered with the lame category.
    XF5 - (Groups AGAIN!) JLS came second.
    XF6 - (Louis - Groups - Zzzzz) Jedward came 6th and he's made the them possibly the most famous act from last year.
    XF7 - (Overs) He got WAGNER in 6th place (would have been higher if they didn't fiddle the voting system about), and Mary came 5th (once again, would have been higher the voting wasn't messed about with).

I think Louis' acts are always more memorable than Simon's and last a lot longer.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Sharon Osbourne
    Sharon, thank God she's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Louis Walsh
    Cheryl leading. No surprise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    The Conway Sisters
    You vote for Cheryl yet she's won both series when in it?
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne
    Winterland wrote: »
    Dannii has taken it this year. Cheryl is very unpopular but for the first few weeks it seemed Dannii was trying to get her acts to go home. Matt singing Baby one more time proved to me how out of touch she is. Travis did that exact version 10 years ago! She has a track record of misjudging which songs suit the artist - look at her own career for proof of that!

She knows little about music other than the technical side and the only reason I can think that she was put on the panel was because it would make it easier to get her sister to appear on the show.

Are u kidding me!? Matt's version of 'Baby One More Time' is one of my fav performances of the series!
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne
    It has to go to Sharon Osbourne, doesn't it!!!!! I mean i'm sorry but she seemed more bothered about herself than her acts!
  • ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Louis Walsh
    Louis. Utterly useless unless you want to stand on stage in a suit singing "Love Me For a Reason" (to quote Mr Cowell). ;)
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne
    Personally, I think Louis and Danni are two of the best mentors. It's a popular thing to hate on Louis. Even the show itself has made him the scapegoat judge. However, these two I think really care about their acts and offer all of them great support.

I had to vote for Sharon personally. She obviously hasn't done something right what with none of her acts winning over the 4 years she was there. Also, she seemed to unpredictable like she could fly off the handle at any minute.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole
    You vote for Cheryl yet she's won both series when in it?
    Considering she's been given the best categories three times in a row. I'm not surprised. She'd crumble handling the Overs and the Groups.
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon Osbourne
    I voted Dannii. Before anyone jumps me, I do think she's the best judge. However, some of the songs she picks for her acts are absolutely ludicrous, and I personally believe that she's got it so wrong the most out of any of the judges over the years. Take Rachel Adedeji and Rachel Hylton, for example. Both brilliant vocalist lumbered with dire song choices. Even Nicolo this year was totally screwed over.

And I actually lol'd irl @ The Conway Sisters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole
    Cheryl Cole is the worst.

Dannii by far the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole
    Well I don't believe that the mentors actually pick the songs, so I'm not basing it on that. I'm basing it on who I think actually cares the most about their acts - which would be Lou Lou and Dannii. I also think Sharon, despite being a bit crap, actually made quite an effort to bond with her acts back when she was still there. Which leaves Simon and Cheryl, both of whom are far too self involved to really care about their acts, but I voted Cheryl because Simon at least used to give his own acts criticism to help them rather than just simper over everything they do, no matter how crap it is, like Cheryl does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis Walsh
    why is conway sisters there :confused: