Comments

• elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are in our Music thread!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it is the Erotica thread since Thread 3 :D SO YEEEH Errrrrrotic Errrotic :cool:

But yay Thread 8!! :)

Here is another pic of M being knocked the other night and still performing at her very very best

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/424793_497402670299893_1205475399_n.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never ever seen this before....but this is an MTV special in 1986...A Year Of Madonna....where they shwoed some "interesting" reactions to Madonnas first ever Reinvention from Street Punk/Boy Toy to Retro/Platinum Blonde/Pixie Cut/Rocker style....and when i say "interesting" i mean people didnt know how to take it...it was the first time anyone in Pop reinvented themselves THAt early on without a clue of where she heaed...which of course ensured her status as Pop Icon and later that decade a music legend :cool:

Anyways....check it out if you havent...it is interesting and great to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bBvHPT9BKk

And the quote the woman narrator says at the end still rings true today :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted on the main forum but decided to [ost here too

http://www.madonnanewera.net/voices/bobby-woods-en

Bobby Woods interview...a must read.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Shiny and new part 8 (I make that joke every time I know :yawn:) hmm..my hairdresser offered to bleach my quiff today so I could have it like M's in '89 but I chickened out, I'm not ready to reinvent quite yet :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah man how i (we) wish she kept that look for longer...so iconic!

Well DS have said the Conical Bra corset had sold for $52,000 WOAH!!!!!!

and check out M raring for action here

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/8813_295803170531425_44430767_n.jpg

EPIC!
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I actually thought it would have gone for MORE :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I anticipated hundred of thousands tbh....but a lot is much lower also....was the Express Yoruself conical corset sold do we know? and for how much??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To commemorate her upcoming performances in Brazil...here is her previous history with the country....cannot translate it but it is a fantastic overview :)

http://squaremadonna.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/madonna21.jpg
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latin America really does love Madonna. While Europe may have fallen out of love with her slightly, she's the dominant female pop star over there right now. Apparently, it has been wall to wall Madonna coverage in Colombia over the past week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well MDNA last week got back to number 1 didnt it in Colombia? and several album songs/singles and previous works recharted there too which is awesome....she has loads of coverage over there....its fantastic, and more than anything it highlights just how prominent Madonna can very much still be...all that was needed was more focus and Euro-centric marketing perhaps....but hey doesnt really matter....what i feel is the MDNA era this past 12 months really has highlighted so much name alone for Madonna....she has one heck of a lot of power.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Latin America really does love Madonna. While Europe may have fallen out of love with her slightly, she's the dominant female pop star over there right now. Apparently, it has been wall to wall Madonna coverage in Colombia over the past week

Yes, that's true. I think in South America they're more comfortable with the sexual side of her performances. Sex is seen as a normal part of life there. They're not as uncomfortable and conflicted about sexuality and people showing off their bodies as some people in the Us, the UK and Europe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question to anyone who owns "The Girlie Show Live Down Under" DVD, what aspect ratio is it in? 4:3, 16:9 or 4:3 Letterboxed? I know that sounds really geeky, but I wanted to buy the DVD today, and I was just wondering if it will stretch on my TV screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To commemorate her upcoming performances in Brazil...here is her previous history with the country....cannot translate it but it is a fantastic overview :)

http://squaremadonna.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/madonna21.jpg

The diagrams say enough
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redlight79 wrote: »
    Quick question to anyone who owns "The Girlie Show Live Down Under" DVD, what aspect ratio is it in? 4:3, 16:9 or 4:3 Letterboxed? I know that sounds really geeky, but I wanted to buy the DVD today, and I was just wondering if it will stretch on my TV screen.

It's coming out on blu-ray soon, so, if you can stand the wait I'd give it a miss right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Yes, that's true. I think in South America they're more comfortable with the sexual side of her performances. Sex is seen as a normal part of life there. They're not as uncomfortable and conflicted about sexuality and people showing off their bodies as some people in the Us, the UK and Europe.

Yeah its fascinating culture....they are such an inspired bunch :)

I saw the Michael Palin programme about Brazil "The ROad To Rio" i think....fascinating...but yes Madonna is very much a paean of what the country represents and the continent as a whole too....that is why i feel there is such a magic there.

Madonna has a very Euro-centric mindset but an openness that South Americans can relate to aswell which is why she has such astounding success there.

Also i feel this is a great way to fundamentally cement her self for the next album and era...she has commercial back up Stateside again and S.America will always remember this too as a back up...so when she focuses on ways to market herself/promote in Europe/the UK and Asia/Australasia (maybe, hopefully!) it will be a far more resounding success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    It's coming out on blu-ray soon, so, if you can stand the wait I'd give it a miss right now.

But to the UK though? Truth or Dare and Evita got released on Blu Ray, but in the US only. I doubt it'll get released over here :(
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redlight79 wrote: »

5:1 it is:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5:1 it is:)

5:1?! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    convincing but the face :p

Thats the main flaw but hey :D

What a bunch! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299955_379229455498032_219653718_n.jpg

I do lvoe it when Madonna blurs the COmic Book/Pop Art boundaries....again adding more to the fact of how i associate her with my Holy Trinity Of Influence Madonna/Buffy/Batman :) Its beautiful.

I loved it when she did Pop Art with Celebration...and this is very striking and apparently two other songs will be on it too....maybe remixes, maybe demos, may be a song we have already heard...or maybe its a surprise??? who knows :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More Brazil love.....In RIO!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/32316_526441240701513_790617238_n.jpg

Fans signed a massive fan letter that was flown across the sky in a blaze!