Options

The top 3 annoying things Noel Edmonds does

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also annoys me that they have cups of tea...water, yes, but tea? I don't get it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.K. we've shared some of the criticisms of Noel Edmunds--
    Let's be fair--HALLOOOO out there! Has anyone got some
    expressions of--I won't say praise -- that's too much to even
    think.There may be someone somewhere who can actually
    watch the guy-without wanting to Scream-Vomit-Change to another channel--etc. etc.I wonder if there is one?? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Nellie1000Nellie1000 Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuppa_Tea wrote: »
    It also annoys me that they have cups of tea...water, yes, but tea? I don't get it.

I know someone who went on there and it's actually water in the mugs not tea. There's a bit of unless information :)
  • Options
    RodaramaRodarama Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its not even real tea? Then why the hell do they do that, is it to give this false impression of cosy and friendly environment where Edmonds is not the route of all cosmic evil?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lives, breathes, talks? Lay claim to an important date in the Christian calendar?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay how about when he overly patronises the contestants with disabilities. His voice gets so soupy you could spoon it out with a ladel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i also add the expression 'banker spanker' to my roll of pet peeves?
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    The fact that Noel, who is a multi - millionaire, gets so excited about amounts of money, which to him, are merely pocket money and small change!

I remember Chris Tarrant some years ago on " Millionaire ", and a contestant who was on about £60,000, rang up a friend. Chris actually said," Heh, never mind him, I want to be your friend ( i.e because your possibly going to get £60,00 ). Yeh, as if.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    RobAnt wrote: »
    Lives, breathes, talks?

Lovin' your work there Rob, my sentiments entirely :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    +3dB wrote: »
    1) Breathes in
    2) Breathes out
    3) Has a pulse

and he speaks--awful combination for anyone to overcome!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find him annoying at all! He's a great presenter, IMO, he's amusing and good with the contestants and audience. Ay#t least he has a personality unlike Chris 'fish in bed' Tarrant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »
    He was on Brass Eye talking about "cake", which isn't annoying more gullible

yeah that was classic stuff from Chris Morris........Edmonds didn't like it one bit..............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Was gonna start a thread on how annoying some aspects of DOND are but did a search first, and found this thread that should be resurrected!

I hate it when all the contestants hold hands when they are hoping a particular sum will be revealed! How is holding hands going to alter the outcome of a random game!??!

Also a vote for the 'walk of wealth, spank the banker, East Wing, West Wing' etc.

Oh and how Noel hands the phone to the contestant to speak to the banker and they try and say things they think are really funny...
  • Options
    force of natureforce of nature Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinks DONO is more then blind luck
    That right wing show for sky about how everything is crap and we should get back to how things were in the 50's.
    Has abondoned Mr Blobby who is ten times more talented then Edmonds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Don't find him that annoying.
    Ok his shirts are a bit grim - specially the short sleeved summer versions - & he does like to be a cut above the contestants.
    But that's just par for the course for celebs ain't it?
    Thing that irritates me most - & my mother pointed it out to me(I wish she hadn't) is his big... erm, feet.:D
    Look closely - bet it'll annoy you from now on!
  • Options
    AbacaAbaca Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Whenever the Banker's Gamble is offered, Noel always says it's 'rare' when it blatantly isn't any more. It's even been used in consecutive games!
    2. His awful exaggerations such as 'this could be the best turnaround ever'... his memory is woeful.
    3. The way he dresses up like an idiot during the 'special weeks'...... and during the normal weeks.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's more than three,but quite a lot annoys me,both about Noel and about the show in general. My brother is addicted and I can only cope by finding things to laugh at. :p

When they come on with their strategies "No,I'm leaving box 14,I had a dream about it."

Noel imitating the banker/contestants/whoever. Please stop it.

Noel thinking he's funnier than he is.

Noel patronising everyone-"You'd be very brave and very stupid to ignore this offer but very boring and very stupid if you took it." is the gist of it.

Getting the family member down from the audience.

Everyone crying/holding hands when the box is opened at a "critical moment." It won't make any bloody difference to the contents! Not to mention all the "Jim,I've been in love with you since I first met you,you're a lovely bloke,hope it's a blue/I'm SURE it's a blue." speeches everyone does before opening a box. Then if it's a big box everyone acts like it's the person who opened it's fault.

The stupid phrases.

The themed weeks.

When someone gets an offer that's quite good,but they still have a large box in the game,another contestant will give them a lecture on why they should/shouldn't take it. What the hell has it got to do with the guy who opened Box 3 for God's sake,it's not his game!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Mmm.....think you've covered everything:D