Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, Meat-Head I call him. I was in the audience of a variety show he was guesting on in Australia in the mid-90's and he was as rude, brash and arrogant off camera as he was on. During one of the breaks he made an insulting remark about a well known Sydney landmark he'd been taken to visit and got a bit of booing and hissing from the audience which threw him for a while. He had his daughter with him on that visit and I recall that she'd tried to get herself and a friend into some industry gig that everyone who was anyone in the business was attending and she was refused entry because security did not believe her when she said 'But I'm Meatloaf's daughter!'.....interesting really because she looked exactly like him :blush::p

Oh no...:( That is very disappointing to hear as I am a huge fan of his and think that he comes across very well on chat shows...
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    In fairness to the 'Loaf, I think he has acknowledged that he was off the rails in the 90's, and he is a bit more bearable now.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laska wrote: »
    Stephen Fry- lovely charming, very approachable and down to earth.

Jack Dee- also very lovely and friendly.....i really wasn't expecting him to be so nice!

Bill Nighy- so charming! really nice guy!

Ben Kingsley- a lot nicer than I expected....

Kevin Spacey- stuck up, pompous, bad vibe!

Sol Cambell- very aware of his "celeb status"

Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn- very very friendly and down to earth! Delightful, they were so nice.....

James Blunt- very nice guy. Easy to talk to, very chatty. He's pint sized!

Frank Skinner- delightful...he's exactly like he is on tv...really really friendly, funny, interested in other people...love him!

On another note, has anyone ever met Robert DeNiro or Tom Hanks? They would be on my dream list of people to meet...I would be totally speechless though....

That's funny about Kevin Spacey, my sister met him last year in London and said he was really nice, he waited a few minutes with her while she was working out how to use her camera! She said he was hilarious and was making my niece laugh, who was only six and had no clue who he was:D
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    That's funny about Kevin Spacey, my sister met him last year in London and said he was really nice, he waited a few minutes with her while she was working out how to use her camera! She said he was hilarious and was making my niece laugh, who was only six and had no clue who he was:D

I too wonder if Kev was just having a bad day or if the poster you were replying to got the wrong of the stick as a former collegue of mine got his autograph for the guy she's now married to and said he was fine - he seemed to be a bit disapointed that my collegue hadn't been the show he was directing but that's understandable.

To come back to Paul Merton - a mate of mine works in the West End and he said that when Merton did a show he was involved with his dressing room absolutely stank of weed afterwards - so maybe he was too stoned to notice anything around him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have actually met him about 5-6 times (work related) and me and all of my colleagues were of the same opinion. He's very obnoxious and pompous....and there is something very creepy about him...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have actually met him about 5-6 times (work related) and me and all of my colleagues were of the same opinion. He's very obnoxious and pompous....and there is something very creepy about him...

Also just to add- these weren't short, brief meetings- We were in his "company" for hours a a time.

Maybe he's only "nice" to fans that ask for his autograph and gush about how wonderful he is.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add 2 of the most famous people I have met:

Bill Clinton- extremely gracious, funny, down to earth and very charming! He was surrounded by about 30 bodyguards though, although I managed to stand right next to him and chat for about 5 mins. Love him.

Valentino- very polite, unassuming and charming. Was very quiet and didn't speak any English but he was very pleasant and well mannered.

Oh and to add:

John Major- He was very very polite and extremely charming. Totally unassuming and down to earth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    George Takei was lovely, Saw him in pantomime a few years ago alongside Barry from EastEnders. Shaun Williamson went straight home immediately after the show (common practice for him apparently) but George stayed behind for ages signing autographs and even took a photo with me & my family twice after our camera failed to work properly.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bill Clinton- extremely gracious, funny, down to earth and very charming! He was surrounded by about 30 bodyguards though, although I managed to stand right next to him and chat for about 5 mins. Love him.

Valentino- very polite, unassuming and charming. Was very quiet and didn't speak any English but he was very pleasant and well mannered.

Oh and to add:

John Major- He was very very polite and extremely charming. Totally unassuming and down to earth.

Shame about JM's political leanings though. I'd like him more. (Mind you, there was a recent comment attributed to him refering to him meeting a political adversary with the words 'I thought you were dead!)
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jarvis Cocker very nice The Prodigy great guys so polite , Mel C wow beautiful lady ,
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is not the silent film star who died in the 1920s, I presume.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just to add- these weren't short, brief meetings- We were in his "company" for hours a a time.

Maybe he's only "nice" to fans that ask for his autograph and gush about how wonderful he is.....

Meh, surely that's a good thing, he's nice to his fans, a lot of stars aren't.

Maybe he didn't like you guys that much either, and didn't want to be in your "company" for that long. We all have work commitments that we don't like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is not the silent film star who died in the 1920s, I presume.

haha! no...the designer :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, surely that's a good thing, he's nice to his fans, a lot of stars aren't.

Maybe he didn't like you guys that much either, and didn't want to be in your "company" for that long. We all have work commitments that we don't like.

Errr....there's such a thing as being civil and polite. His entourage were total fake douche bags as well, very pretentious...just like him....
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh and to add:

My mum has crushes on Clinton and Major, I think she'd have less competition for the latter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    My mum has crushes on Clinton and Major, I think she'd have less competition for the latter.

Clinton is definitely a charmer...I can see why women fall for him. Having said that, John Major was also extremely charming and polite!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

When Bill Clinton came to Birmingham in 1998, I believe there were billboards around saying "Get hair done Granny, Bill Clinton's coming to town". It wouldn't surprise me if he was a totally charming and charismatic person to meet. I know he had a drink with a couple at the James Brindley and the Secret Service took away the glass he'd drank from and smashed it up. I saw Air Force One on the runway as I had to drive past Birmingham Airport to go to work in Solihull. I also heard Concorde take from the airport when it had picked up the US Ryder Cup Team after playing at the Belfry. Oh the memories!!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ho11i3 wrote: »
    has anyone ever met CJ from Eggheads or know any stories of him?
    me & my partner were watching last night and wondered if he is just playing up his 'character' or if he is actually like that??

I've wondered this too. On his new show he seems ultra snarky and diva-ish from the off and if he were that bad would he get his own show? I'm sure some of it must be an act.
  • dumpty2dumpty2 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Met Tuffers whilst he was having his dinner in a pub with the film crew after filming on location at a local stately home.

He was exactly like you see him on telly-very friendly/normal.
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    dumpty2 wrote: »
    Met Tuffers whilst he was having his dinner in a pub with the film crew after filming on location at a local stately home.

He was exactly like you see him on telly-very friendly/normal.
    Yeah, I can see him having no airs and graces. His colleague on Q of S (Matt Dawson) looks high maintenance and full of himself. Anyone met him and can tell me I have got him wrong?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see him having no airs and graces. His colleague on Q of S (Matt Dawson) looks high maintenance and full of himself. Anyone met him and can tell me I have got him wrong?

We know someone who worked with him for a while who said that he wasn't a very nice guy. Shame, really. :(
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I've wondered this too. On his new show he seems ultra snarky and diva-ish from the off and if he were that bad would he get his own show? I'm sure some of it must be an act.

He does come off as being totally self obsessed and obnoxious.
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    We know someone who worked with him for a while who said that he wasn't a very nice guy. Shame, really. :(

He always comes across as being full of himself. A few weeks ago they had the guests on Q o S in goals and Matt and Phil had to score goals. (Stupid rip off of a League of Their Own). There was a woman in goal and he kicked the ball at her so hard that even my husband called him a bad word for a child born outside wedlock. Not nice. He wanted to win at all costs.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of politicians, I notice Harriet Harman was in Carlisle the other day. I wonder how she coped with being among the hoi polloi as from all accounts she's arrogant and for all she drones on about equality, is uncomfortable among working class people and is unpleasant to work for.
  • axlgodaxlgod Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a very recent flight to Tenerife, Ricky Hatton was on board, he sat 3 rows in front of me, I didn't say anything to him but a few people went up & got pictures, he was very happy to oblige & seemed like a decent chap.