Secret Diary of a Call Girl - 11 October

sidekick67sidekick67 Posts: 824
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone watching ?

Comments

• kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    I only started watching this last week, and missed half of this evenings but I think it's great. Billy Piper plays her part really well, and the thing just now with her putting her finger, well, in a place a guy normally says no to was funny. :D
  • sidekick67sidekick67 Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....and we finally saw some nudity from Ms Piper
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing much to write home about though, wev'e seen better pictures in the papers a few years back.
    next weeks episode looks like one for fans of Emma Peel from The Avengers.
  • supercoolsupercool Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No repeat on tonight? Isn't there usually a midnight repeat?
  • swelfordswelford Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is norma;;y repeat on at 12
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow @ them playing Rico Suave Bossa Nova from the J Dilla album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swelford wrote: »
    there is norma;;y repeat on at 12

No sign of one tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidekick67 wrote: »
    Anyone watching ?

No-one sane.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stonegiant wrote: »
    No-one sane.

In fairness this ep was (slightly) better than the last 2, purely because it was quite funny in places.

But still, I mean has anyone read the book? I haven't but I assume there is a plot at some point, and the show badly needs to find it, and just not show sex scenes ad infinitum.

The shot of the guy licking the toilet in the next time bit may well be too much for me to continue watching.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree they should have put some ongoing plot into this instead of it simply being about situation after situation. I thought they were going to do it when they showed her family in the second episode but it doesn't look like it.

It's not bad to watch though. Billie is great at holding a whole show together (thank god considering no-one gets any lines pretty much!), you can tell she's having a great time doing it (probably not the sex scenes though because surely they're always pretty uncomfortable to do, although I wouldn't be complaining if I was one of the blokes!)

Yes we DID get some nudity from her in this episode. Not that it really matters...just a little bit of 'nipplet' (as Avid Merrion would say...). But without a plot stronger than 'she has an "all-nighter" client and gets bored (even though he shagged her senseless) so goes down to pick someone else up' in the end it's all pointless!

They didn't even have a scene where the guy she was going with in the first place found out about the second guy. What kind of self-respecting show would NOT include that scenario?? They should have been hour-long episodes.
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But without a plot stronger than 'she has an "all-nighter" client and gets bored (even though he shagged her senseless) so goes down to pick someone else up' in the end it's all pointless!

They didn't even have a scene where the guy she was going with in the first place found out about the second guy. What kind of self-respecting show would NOT include that scenario?? They should have been hour-long episodes.

I didn't see this, as I gave up after the first episode. I think it was the "I like sex, I like money and I'm lazy" speech that did it for me, i.e. the come on girls, there's easy money to be made in prostitution advert.

Though I didn't see it I think that there's a very simple reason why the guy who'd paid for an all nighter didn't find out about the other guy, that is that he'd want his money back, as he'd paid for an exclusive and had to share. A definite breach of the sale of goods act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    In fairness this ep was (slightly) better than the last 2, purely because it was quite funny in places.

But still, I mean has anyone read the book? I haven't but I assume there is a plot at some point, and the show badly needs to find it, and just not show sex scenes ad infinitum.

The shot of the guy licking the toilet in the next time bit may well be too much for me to continue watching.

The book is based on someone's blog - I haven't read it but blogs don't normally have a plot, just a theme which in this case is sex and prostitution.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote: »
    The book is based on someone's blog - I haven't read it but blogs don't normally have a plot, just a theme which in this case is sex and prostitution.

Yeah, not looking good is it? I read channel 4 actually had to pay the makers of this a fee for not making it after deciding their drama budget for this year didn't run as far as hoped. At the time I thought what a waste on C4's part......now I think they had a lucky escape. (http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2027204,00.html).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not looking good is it? I read channel 4 actually had to pay the makers of this a fee for not making it after deciding their drama budget for this year didn't run as far as hoped. At the time I thought what a waste on C4's part......now I think they had a lucky escape. (http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2027204,00.html).

I think that it would have been better dropping Big Brother and using the £40m on drama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote: »
    I think that it would have been better dropping Big Brother and using the £40m on drama.

Well of course (cue rage over sugar rush's demise.)
  • Mrs OverallMrs Overall Posts: 367
    Forum Member

That is a definite turn-off for me, too. I felt decidely queasy even just watching that clip.:eek:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

That is a definite turn-off for me, too. I felt decidely queasy even just watching that clip.:eek:

The next episode does look pretty grim!

Last night's was mildly amusing, but that's about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Having read the book - it is nothing like the series. I watched the episode last night and couldnt believe she stayed all night. In the book she just doesnt do that.

Unfortunately, there is no plot as it is a diary over a period of months. I actually like Belle in the book more than the way Billie has portayed her.

As for the clips from next weeks episode, again, really OTT compared to the book ! Sorry !
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only read clips of the diary, but I don't believe either that the series does justice to it. Belle comes over in the diaries as intelligent and feisty, whereas Billie Piper just strikes me as someone who is acting 'a bit naughty' and vamping it up for the cameras (although to be honest that's probably how she's being directed - you have to give viewers something to look at!).

Next week's episode does sound rather OTT because hookers are hookers and dominatrices are dominatrices (who rarely have sex with clients) - they don't tend to mix. Friends of mine have been involved in the location and the training, which is going to make Billie P look as if she's an expert domina, which a normal hooker just wouldn't be. (But hey, what's a bit of artistic licence if it brings the viewers in! It never stopped production companies before. ;) )
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see this, as I gave up after the first episode. I think it was the "I like sex, I like money and I'm lazy" speech that did it for me, i.e. the come on girls, there's easy money to be made in prostitution advert.

This argument is a non-starter IMO. Why is it that TV should have to protect the viewer? Most people won't watch this programme and think.. 'Right I'm gonna hand my notice in tomorrow and be a hooker instead'. Anyone that does has issues that even the left's ideal of cotton-wool wrapped TV won't stop.

As for the episode itself. It was the best one so far. A story is beginning to emerge and the next episode looks more plot driven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    At the time I thought what a waste on C4's part......now I think they had a lucky escape. (http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2027204,00.html).

Interesting. I've felt that "Call Girl" is trying to emulate stuff like Sugar Rush but simply lacks the writing talent and production talent to pull it off. As a result instead of getting something highly entertaining with an edge to it you get something that feels like its trying too hard to be edgy but is all a bit fake and humdrum.

That said the last episode (episode 3) was better then the first two IMO (possibly because it had a different writer). Does anyone know what audience figures were like for it? I know episode 1 got 1.8m and episode 2 got 1.2m - I wondered if the demise in audience had continued.

I am not optimistic about episode 4 - it looks a bit too much like "Oh look - here are S&M people - aren't they strange - isn't it funny" - if it is then it will be crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llukas wrote: »
    I am not optimistic about episode 4 - it looks a bit too much like "Oh look - here are S&M people - aren't they strange - isn't it funny" - if it is then it will be crap.
    I agree. You can bet your bottom dollar that it will be some fat old bloke being dominated (as if young pretty ones aren't interested!) and made to look pathetic. Usual thing......(I do know something about the making of it, but not about the 'victim'.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    (I do know something about the making of it, but not about the 'victim'.)

What do you know of the making of it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said earlier, friends of mine have been involved in the location and training re the SM episode. (No big secret - read more about it here - http://londonfetishscene.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=7799 )