Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• meelymunchmeelymunch Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I'm nearly too scared to say that made me laugh.

:D
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I switched off the moment that guy shouted ' Blind Date'.
    I think so too but by god its loves labours lost on me mate I can tell you
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Yes, this is the most painful one of the lot.
    well thats half an hour of my life i will never get back
    Oh my god, what a load of drivel!!

Smug smilie :p
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched it for ages as the storylines were so pathetic but after people had said it was the most realistic soap on I gave it a go today..... It's an even bigger load of old tosh than I remember.... Utter drivel.
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching today's episode thinking "WTF"
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what was the deal with freyer and Mandy, were they playng a joke on Kevin or where the really hypnotized?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I don't usually watch Doctors but caught it by chance today and was wondering if anyone knows the name of the tune that was played throughout the programme (usually when showing a flashback to the previous evening.) It's a tune I've heard loads of times before but have never know what it's called. Can anyone help please?
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    Not watched it for ages as the storylines were so pathetic but after people had said it was the most realistic soap on I gave it a go today..... It's an even bigger load of old tosh than I remember.... Utter drivel.

I have missed about 4 weeks, I deleted two weeks as I couldn't be bothered to sit through 5 hours of it, I still have two weeks to watch. I have found it hard work to watch at the moment, Freya and Mandy has really bored me (Freya worked better on her own I think), Princess Bubblegum need I say more..., I liked the Heston and Marina storyline but the stuff with Jack and Immy and that house was tiresome:yawn:
  • lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    EssexLady wrote: »
    I don't usually watch Doctors but caught it by chance today and was wondering if anyone knows the name of the tune that was played throughout the programme (usually when showing a flashback to the previous evening.) It's a tune I've heard loads of times before but have never know what it's called. Can anyone help please?

If it's the peice on the xylophone, it's called Gassenhauer by Carl Orff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    If it's the peice on the xylophone, it's called Gassenhauer by Carl Orff.

That's it - brilliant! Thank you SO much. I've wanted to know what it is for years! :)
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I used to recommend Doctors to my friends all the time. But I'm kind of reticent about doing this nowadays. It's either too silly or too militant about homosexuality. Where have the excellent stories like Vivien's rape, Mrs Tembe's persecution, Lauren's murder, Heston's domestic absue and Zara and Daniel's IVF struggles gone?
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    I used to recommend Doctors to my friends all the time. But I'm kind of reticent about doing this nowadays. It's either too silly or too militant about homosexuality. Where have the excellent stories like Vivien's rape, Mrs Tembe's persecution, Lauren's murder, Heston's domestic absue and Zara and Daniel's IVF struggles gone?

Have they had a change of writers or directors recently?
  • lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member

Even parts of Lauren's murder were silly - I still don't understand how Jack got involved in all that investigation stuff. Sadly I missed Mrs Tembe's racism thing, I reckon that would have been pulled off quite well.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,857
    Forum Member
    Today's episode was alright I thought. Took me a few minutes to work out whether or not it was another reinactment or if they where hypnotised.

I can't believe Rob wasn't over the moon about Daniel "wanting" Karen! :D
    I think they could have done even more funnier and unrealistic pairings of "fantasy love" like Zara coming onto Heston or they could have avoided Barry's humiliation the other day and made his day for today only with Julia.

Btw, Barry BIGGELOW?!!!! As In Deuce Biggelow? :D:D:D
    Maybe we should call him Deuce now!

So so sure of herself Immie did get to go with Heston? No pun intended. He probably should have given the tickets to both Cherry and Mrs Tembe for the support they have given him over the last year and not gone himself.

What was it with Freya and Mandy then? Pretending all along?

I think Kevin is going down quite well as a comedy character. Hed reminds me of Billy Mitchell from EE. At this rate, Kevin should be nominated for the comedy awards and I think Doctors has tought everyone a good lesson in never to mess around with handcuffs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, todays episode was laughable.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Tink_89 wrote: »
    Oh dear, todays episode was laughable.

Not in a good way.

I like Doctors when it does wacky episodes, the Bond one was brilliant. This one just failed however I hope they continue to do these once in a while.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE Filming locations this week - I think most of it was shot down in Stratford-upon-Avon, where the RSC are actually based.

RE 'Best Newcomer' - It is newcomer to 'the soap' not acting or generally.

I believe that tomorrow's episode id the final of for the Shakespeare stuff.

Thanks.
    Styker wrote: »
    Thanks, but sounds like the person doing the subtitles got it wrong. That kind of spelling would surely be pronounced like Aleeshia rather than Elisia.

I thought Thursdays episode was pants too. I'l be glad when this Shakespeare week and its reinactments are over.

Whats going on with all these gay relationship stories all of a sudden? Its a bit overkill isn't it? No pun intended with regard to todays episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Beeb are pressurised generally by pressure groups to do more on stories involving gay/lesbian people/characters but the last few weeks on Doctors its been like some sort of promotional thing going on I think and i don't think TV should be about that with any kind of relationships/sexuality really.

When it comes to ethnic minority characters, I get the feeling that TV in general has them in minority numbers as that reflects their numbers in the country and isn't it time for some polls/stats to be done on people's sexuality and that way it can be worked out better how well society/life in general is being reflected in TV programmes?

I have never seen any stats or polls revealing the numbers on people's sexuality, maybe they think its too private or something but there are polls done in other sexual related issues so why not on people's actual sexuality too?

The generally accepted rate of homosexuality is 10%.
    yeah Im also fed up of all this shakespear stuff......

maybe a 1 day special on monday would've been enough... but the whole week?!

Here here :)
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I've just watched today's episode - Matt didn't struggle at all when Alex was strangling him which is a little unbelievable :rolleyes:

Tomorrow's looks like it's going to be a little silly.

Some gays are very passive.

Yes, the Vivien rape scenes in court were excellent. The actress deserved an award for that.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched yesterday's episode. What utter tripe. See I'm in good company with these thoughts. This is not the quality of Doctors of episodes that got me hooked in the first place.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete and utter rubbish, the scriptwriters need shooting, it's getting more ludicrous by the day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday's ep did nothing for me. I loved Friday's - but then Midsummer Night's Dream is my favourite Shakespeare play. Good on them for doing something different I say. (Although the best soap moment of this week was Corrie's Bohemian Rhapsody !)

Oh an thanks to whoever it was who reminded me of the appalling Four Marys in those old girl's comics !
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday's ep did nothing for me. I loved Friday's - but then Midsummer Night's Dream is my favourite Shakespeare play. Good on them for doing something different I say. (Although the best soap moment of this week was Corrie's Bohemian Rhapsody !)

Oh an thanks to whoever it was who reminded me of the appalling Four Marys in those old girl's comics !

Dont be dissing the four marys bunty rools ok
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched yesterday's episode. What utter tripe. See I'm in good company with these thoughts. This is not the quality of Doctors of episodes that got me hooked in the first place.

Just watched it on the iplayer, what an embarrassment of an episode...
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got Thursday and Friday's episodes to watch - I was looking forward to seeing yesterday's ep with all the Daniel/Karen stuff etc but maybe it's not great??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member

Not mine. We went to Stratford with the school in about 1970. We were so bored by half time that a few of us went to the pub. One of the girls must have looked about 18 so we could get served. We were all a bit drunk on the way back and had to visit the headmaster for a caning the following day!
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I've got Thursday and Friday's episodes to watch - I was looking forward to seeing yesterday's ep with all the Daniel/Karen stuff etc but maybe it's not great??

It's purely subjective. Just because some of us didn't enjoy it doesn't mean you can't
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,857
    Forum Member
    Reading the spoilers and I don't think this is a big giveaway but I'l put it into a spoiler box anyway but if I'm guessing right its outrageous! :mad:
    There is no mention of Heston's robber getting done for burglary, even when he waskes up just Heston! If this is true then what on earth is going on?!
This discussion has been closed.