Options

International Cricket 2015

Comments

• Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will mean that Paul Farbrace will be kept on in some role as I think they have worked well together in the past

Think we should declare now rather than risk the bowlers getting hit on the fingers/hand
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    stuart broad continues his recent trend of batting like a 4 year old girl
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

He's such a frustrating cricketer. He has all of the talent in the world and is capable of having an average of over 30 but his batting confidence is shot to pieces at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    really don't see the point in not declaring now the only batsman is out and its the #10 and #11 together
  • Options
    IceWarriorIceWarrior Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe we haven't declared! Anderson has come out to bat! Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just proves that Cook isn't brave enough. Michael Clarke would of declared.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

An insult to all 4 year olds female or not. Broads hopeless all round performances give me sleepless nights and I never got a bang on the head ;) !!
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best thing which could have happened England getting bowled out. You know they'd have batted on too long otherwise.

As it is a nice little score to tempt NZ to have a go, they've got the hitters more than capable of getting the runs but it's a bit different doing it in a Test than an ODI.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think NZ will be going after the runs now

Another 3 before lunch would be nice:)
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    New Zealand 0-2 (Looking VERY good for england currently)
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how fit Watling and Corey Anderson are with neither fielding this morning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Don't think NZ will be going after the runs now

Another 3 before lunch would be nice:)

I thought I may have been a tad greedy with that wish but who knows...:):)

Edit

And now Root drops a straight forward slip chance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some more info on Bayliss from Cricinfo

Bayliss, 52, a former Sri Lanka coach who led them to the World Cup final in 2011, has also been a successful coach with New South Wales, Sydney Sixes in the Big Bash and Kolkata Knight Riders. The initial reports emerged in the UK and Australia Daily Telegraph newspapers.

Bayliss would not fill the criteria of international playing experience, but his considerable coaching pedigree around the world has seemingly held sway. He briefly coached Australia last year during a Twenty20 series against South Africa.

He was interviewed a year ago when England searched for a replacement for Andy Flower before they eventually settled on returning to Peter Moores - an appointment that lasted barely 12 months. His appointment would see him reunited with Paul Farbrace who was his assistant with Sri Lanka.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/880921.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    new zealand in all sorts now

12-3 with watling and anderson both carrying injuries
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why we pick Stuart Broad. 2 wickets already and should of had him earlier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watling in at 5:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 4 wickets down by lunch has a chance.....:)
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Bayliss sorts the one-day side out and nothing else, he'll still be a good appointment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Watling in at 5:confused:

yeah mccullum hiding from the new ball by sending watling in ahead of him ?

not what you would expect from the captain
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was that about Broad being hopeless all round ? :)
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was that about Broad being hopeless all round ? :)

It's like clockwork. he gets slagged, performs. In the end as I keep blathering on about (but will be ignored next time he has one bad bowling innings) is he's in for his bowling, and his record is more than decent in that regard. Not hugely different then Jimmeh's and still more than doubles Anderson's average with the bat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i've defended broad regularly as a bowler and his numbers do more than justify his place in the team as a bowler

my earlier comment was more that he is basically just giving his wicket away atm and is a helluva lot better as a batsman than he is showing and i find his current approach to batting to be a bit unprofessional even if it is understandable after the whack he got in the face last year

if a bowler is a proper bunny and bats like broad is then so be it , but for someone with his ability he needs to sort it out and be performing to his potential with bat and ball

i dont think you can really just say ah well hes not being picked for his batting anyway , if he has the ability to contribute with the bat we need him to be doing it
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair to Broad I don't think he was instructed to defend his wicket this morning - rather swing the bat to add some quick runs. When you do that you risk getting out.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've defended broad regularly as a bowler and his numbers do more than justify his place in the team as a bowler

my earlier comment was more that he is basically just giving his wicket away atm and is a helluva lot better as a batsman than he is showing and i find his current approach to batting to be a bit unprofessional even if it is understandable after the whack he got in the face last year

if a bowler is a proper bunny and bats like broad is then so be it , but for someone with his ability he needs to sort it out and be performing to his potential with bat and ball

i dont think you can really just say ah well hes not being picked for his batting anyway , if he has the ability to contribute with the bat we need him to be doing it

Oh, don't get me wrong, I find his batting really frustrating. I too would like it back where it was, but you can't drop him (which some suggest) simply because he and Jimmeh are our best bowlers.

Jordan, Bres and Woakes give you more in other ways, but they're just not top-class bowlers.