Options

Need a lot of HO help!

princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone!

Ok, so after watching HO for a good six years I stopped watching about a year ago. Around the time pretty much everyone left; Hannah, Sarah, Zoe, Warren, Louise, Clare, Justin...most of the strong core cast.

After hearing of
Warren's
return etc, although in the past year I've heard HO has been dire, I want to start watching again but I think I need a general knowledge rebuilt? Could anyone summarise the past year and a half, new characters, key events etc?

Thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee's back, Steph's dying of cancer, Newt's left, there's an alien in the village, the Dog is now owned by an ex footballer and his family and the club is now Chez Chez, owned by Cheryl, Malachy's ex.

Edit: Oh and Calvin's dead
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I'd have a read of the character pages on Wikipedia - they're helpful :)
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentines left.

Roy's left bar Ravi and Anita. They've been joined by Anita's biological mum Eva.

Michaela left.

New McQueen - Bart.
    He's friends with the Costello's daughter Jasmine. She has gender identity disorder and dresses as a boy called Jason.
    Their family own The Dog. Dad Carl, mum (can't remember her name), brothers Riley and Seth. They are Jem's family. Also Mitzeee is the mums cousin.. She had an affair with carl years before arriving.

New family: Sharpes. The mum goes out with Tony. Children are Taylor and Amber.

Amber got it on with Finn (part of another new family - the o'connors) the Sharpe's dad has a secret family only Taylor knows about.

o'connors - dad is headmaster of school. Mum desperately wants a baby. Had two failed attempts at IVF. She stole a baby a couple weeks ago. Son Finn and Daughter Sinead.

Cheryls friend Lindsay joined from HO later. Aswell as chez's bro brendan. He is like a big gangster type. Cheryl owns part of the loft.

Danny Huston - played by Darren Day has been described as someone not to be messed with. He goes out with Jaqui. She also is seeing brenda and rhys.

Theresa shot calvin dead and is pregnant with his baby. Carmel knows, but wants to shop her in when the babies born.

Cindy left (actress on maternity leave) with an old man she married. Students India/ Texas grandad.

The new students consist of Lee Hunter, and his new fiancee Leanne. They've both kissed other people. Jamil (asian student), kevin the alien, Darren Osbourne and Jem.

Dom and Ravi own relish.

Thats all i can remember for now - a lot of new characters have been introduced.

EDIT: i didn't see the part you haven't watched for 6 years :eek: you won't recognise alot of people i mentioned, but i guess onbe you start watching things will fall into place.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I'd treat it like a whole new show. About the only big characters who are still around since last year are:

The McQueens - their big SL was Theresa sort of accidentally shooting Calvin in a crime of passion at his re-marriage to Carmel, because she'd slept with him once and got preggers, he promised to look after her, then she found out he'd been having an affair with Mercy as well. So Theresa's preggers, Carmel's a widow, and Mercy has split from Mal. Michaela went to London to be with Zak (actress got sacked). But they now have cousin Bart, a bit of a tearaway whose Mum died (I think) and Myra took him in. But then he stole Jacqui's money and she was upset Myra hadn't believed her, so she's moved out to live with Rhys at the moment, and they have an on/off thing going on.

The Dean/Osborne/Cunninghams - you know about Steph having terminal cancer of the cervix. She married Gilly recently. Jake left randomly to go to London. Jack is theoretically managing the pub again for new landlord Carl Costlello (but you never see him do it). Darren has gone to Uni as a mature student. Cindy recently married an old millionaire and has gone off to travel the world (actress on maternity leave).

Everything else you can pick up as you go. But basically, almost nothing at all happened while you were away (apart from people flocking off the show). Then Paul Marquess took over mid-year, and everything including the kitchen sink has happened, is happening, and will happen, so he can try to save the show by Xmas!
  • Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all for your help, I'm back into HO and although it's so different (and worse) than before I'm enjoying it, especially the current India SL. Thanks again :)