Options

VERY dubious number on my skytalk bill!

jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
was concerned my bill was higher than it should have been, and earlier i looked at it and found THIS!

09 Oct 15:04 - P16 Rate - 09081452774 - Premium Rate - 00:11:20 - £6.220

and since i don't have ANY outgoing numbers on my landline phone, AND it's ex-directory, and damn well don't call crap like that, gonna give sky a bollocking over this
>:(

Comments

• Options
    Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being ex-directory is irrelevant because it doesn't stop outgoings calls being made.

Are you saying that you have Outgoing Calls Barred? If so, just refuse to pay the charge. If not, it may have been made from the street cabinet, perhaps by someone who opened the cabinet without authorisation.

However, as the call was made on a Thursday afternoon it may have been an Openreach engineer !
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhonepayPlus has the following information about number:

Customer care number: 0844 871 4497
    Search result provided by: LiveLines UK Ltd
    Service connected on: 23 August 2011
    Service terminated on: This service is still operating
    Name of service: LiveLines UK Ltd - 08448714497
    Type of service: LiveLines UK Ltd has not provided this information
    Service description: LiveLines UK Ltd has not provided this information
    How much does this service cost? LiveLines UK Ltd has not provided this information

If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it then you should contact LiveLines UK Ltd

35 Marefair
    Northampton
    NN1 1SR

If you want to log a complaint to PhonepayPlus online please click here. Alternatively, you can call our helpline on 0800 500 212 (Mon-Fri, 0900-1700).

Who else has access to your property jenzie? Any teenage sons?
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a number in China.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Seems to be a number in China.

I don't think you have read the original post properly. Calls to China from the UK begin 0086.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Customer care number: 0844 871 4497
    That's illegal ! >:(

Under the Consumer Contracts: Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments Regulations (effective from 13 June 2014) their Customer Care number must not be charged at more than basic rate, and they are obliged to refund any extra costs incurred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    That's illegal ! >:(

Under the Consumer Contracts: Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments Regulations (effective from 13 June 2014) their Customer Care number must not be charged at more than basic rate, and they are obliged to refund any extra costs incurred.

I'm not sure chatlines would be covered by that regulation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    I'm not sure chatlines would be covered by that regulation.
    What exemption applies?
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phoned sky and they'll deal with it, also got a block on all numbers other than landlines and mobiles at no extra