Options

Neighbours - how far did Rachel and Angus go?

dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok - I missed this when it first happened and none of the story since then has specifically said what happened between the two - only that it was an 'improper relationship'.

So, for Angus to go to Prison, I'm assuming they actually slept together? Not that anyone actually ever sleeps with anyone else in Neighbours unless they're married. Even Libby this week just 'stayed up and talked' with that new guy all night long.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a feeling that they did sleep together but i am still not sure, so i hope someone can clear this up too.

I love Neighbours but the one annoying thing about this soap is that no one talks openly about sex, drugs, abuse etc. So all we get is implied talk and conversations which is a nuisance.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure when the police interviewed Rachel it was implied they had had sex. I had a look at Wikipedia and it said she spent the night with him - although I don't remember this myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure when the police interviewed Rachel it was implied they had had sex. I had a look at Wikipedia and it said she spent the night with him - although I don't remember this myself.

The night when the warehouse collapsed was the night they spent together, as far as I can remember!
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »

I think it was the night of the roof collapse, because i seem to remember Rachel going there, and then being at the cinema at like 6am or something as part of the deal with the parents.
  • Options
    flamingGalah!flamingGalah! Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did sleep together, but because of the timeslot Neighbours is on in Australia they are unable to actually make direct references to things like sex & drugs, so is often merely implied...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    The night when the warehouse collapsed was the night they spent together, as far as I can remember!

yep that was the night they had sex, but in typical neighbours style they danced around the issue.

h&a must be on a lot later in oz than neighbours because although still innocent is much more open about sex.

as much as i love neighbours the restrictions are annoying, even just to bump them up to h&a standards would be a vast improvement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    yeh was the night of the warehouse fire and its been kinda refered too a few times to imply it did happen. he wouldnt be in prison if it didnt surely?

loving neighbours at the mo although still prefer H&A
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    julsb78 wrote: »
    yeh was the night of the warehouse fire and its been kinda refered too a few times to imply it did happen. he wouldnt be in prison if it didnt surely?
    loving neighbours at the mo although still prefer H&A

rachel is over 16 so i think hes in prison because he was her teacher but yeah they must have done it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they slept together. It may not have been obvious, but the whole kissing passionately and closing the door thing is often a sign of that.

Angus went to prison because in the state of Victoria (and probably other places too, the UK for one) it is illegal to sleep with someone who is under 18 who is under your duty of care. He was her teacher (regardless of when they met) so he broke that law.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with talking about sex. Why do the Australian TV authorities treat their audience as idiots?
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    There's nothing wrong with talking about sex. Why do the Australian TV authorities treat their audience as idiots?

I agree(for once :p), Although i'm guessing since it's pre-watershed by quite a few hours that's why, although, they could of maybe done it in quite a obv way, but not talking about it, like Angus with his shirt off & Rachel with messy hair etc, like they did with Sky/Boyd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T be honest, on this occasion I thought Rachel and Angus's sleeping together was pretty obvious. The whole closing of the door after a passionate kiss to me is a symbol of they had sex. Isn't that what they do in these romantic comedies?
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is that I would have had sex with her.
  • Options
    nairneynairney Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember her shouting at him, when he got arrested / was removed from the school / was in court or something (can't remember the exact situation), "I was your lover Angus". Then Susan and Dan etc looked shocked. Does anyone else remember that?
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remember nairney

i think the main reason he went to prison though is because he was her teacher and thats abreach of trust or something-even if they hadnt slept together i think he still would ahve gone to prison
  • Options
    flamingGalah!flamingGalah! Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That depends on what time a show goes out though & in Australia they have skightly different laws than here in the UK...

What would you have done WEFF?? Show Angus bending Rachel over the bonnet of his car?!... :rolleyes:

It was quite obvious to most viewers that they had sex, I don't think it's them treating the audience like idiots, more like some are simply idiots... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That depends on what time a show goes out though & in Australia they have skightly different laws than here in the UK...

The show goes out at 6.30 pm. So later than it does in the evening slot here, but as said Australia have different rules regarding television.

On occasion I heard that the BBC requested even further edits for some episodes, so in the past it wasn't just Australia.
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nairney wrote: »
    I seem to remember her shouting at him, when he got arrested / was removed from the school / was in court or something (can't remember the exact situation), "I was your lover Angus". Then Susan and Dan etc looked shocked. Does anyone else remember that?

The school had an investigation about Angus and a pupil
    (originally thought to be Bridget who was covering for Rachel)

Dan had interviewed Angus and Rachel seperately

He tricked Rachel into believing that Angus had
    told everything to Dan.

Dan then told Rachel that Angus had said that she was only
    a silly girl and didnt feel anything for her.

Rachel believed Dan and shouted the sentence you
    mention in front of everyone as Angus was leaving the school
  • Options
    nairneynairney Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Thanks Judio! Yeah that's it! I could remember her being held back by Susan while lots of people were there watching as Angus tried to push past and could picture Dan being there as well. Couldn't for the life of me remember where it had happened though.

Do we know if they end up back together? I think I read a spoiler on another thread that Angus might end up moving into Karl and Susan's when he's realeased.