HO: King of hearts discussion

Comments

• BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol oh my! Candy! She randomly vanished didn't she? I remember her having a row with Nicole then she was never seen again. :eek:

She did yes, along with Paula and Nathan at the time. Of course Nathan later morphed into Riley Costello.

I think Paula had a bit part in Corrie a while ago too, so it's all good. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I was surprised they still let Kathleen in the house at the end considering the whole thing was technically her fault, AND she held a gun to her own sister! :eek:
    I think I'd have told her to F off at that point!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually loved the two of them together. Shame it defied all logic, but they made me laugh. Also when Myra knocked Kathleen out. :D

I love Myra, she's so funny. :D
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I love Myra, she's so funny. :D

She was also wearing a very sensible jumper for her heist antics tonight, was Myra. And I heard it was effing freezing on that night shoot. So, she's sensible as well as crazy and funny. Love Nicole, she's a star in the background. And she does love those kids. :rolleyes:
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I really really enjoyed that episode - the only complaint I have is why oh why did they do the Rhys/Cheryl bit, couldn't they have just let him and Jacqui be a normal happy couple without complicating it?

Also loved Myra, she's a legend. I did like her and Kathleen together as well.

On a completely trivial and superficial note: Claire Cooper is so pretty I hate that they dress her in those clothes and that make up, it might work for the character but I find it mega distracting.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,184
    Forum Member
    I really liked it kinda hoping cheryl and rhys just forget they ever had sex. Though did they or was they just about to. Wasn't really paying attention
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    I really liked it kinda hoping cheryl and rhys just forget they ever had sex. Though did they or was they just about to. Wasn't really paying attention

I was trying not to pay attention ... ;)

I have had my memory wiped to save me the pain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great to see Claire Cooper being the central character in the episode, she's so underrated as an actress. :)
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,157
    Forum Member
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it'll be on catch up online?

I don't know - but its repeated on Friday night.
    Forum Member
    gmc93 wrote: »
    It was great to see Claire Cooper being the central character in the episode, she's so underrated as an actress. :)

BK loved her. PM loves her. It was only LA that turned her into wallpaper. Mad. She's the strongest female actor they've got, by a country mile. :)
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    I don't know - but its repeated on Friday night.

Great, thank you!
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was that great. However every scene with Myra in it was great. I wasn't a fan of Brendan before, but I do like him now, he is quite mad. Although I am still don't like him when he is threatening everyone.

I hope we don't see Danny again and how did this solve any of the problems with Kathleen? Quite a useless night for the McQueens.
  • Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a good episode!!
    Jacqui and Rhys are brilliant characters!!
    Love Myra!
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode esp for Claire Cooper

I still dont get Rhys and Jacqui, and exactly what she sees in Rhys

Darren Day should stay as Danny, i think he is great as Danny

Lol at Rhys and Cheryl

I dont get how the McQueens put up with Kathleen after what she did and she was still allow in the house etc
  • MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BK loved her. PM loves her. It was only LA that turned her into wallpaper. Mad. She's the strongest female actor they've got, by a country mile. :)

Agreed.

Jacqui can play the villain. But she does sarcastic bitch so lovingly that you can't help but like her.

Charlie Brooks of EastEnders, as Janine, should take notes. Lots and lots of notes.

Claire Cooper owns that role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire Coo[er has always been fantastic, she is the one who is loyal in that family, she would destory herself then letting someone hurt or destory her family
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great episode :D

Completely shocked about Rhys/Cheryl.. But i suppose Jaqui never will be truly happy on this show.

I just wish Bart/Mercedes were in it. The whole family.

Brendan is so, so strange yet so funny. Makes him more likable.
  • MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    Claire Coo[er has always been fantastic, she is the one who is loyal in that family, she would destory herself then letting someone hurt or destory her family

Agreed. She's such a deep and yet soft character.

Fantastic stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan is not wired right in the head, esp the way he acts out subtly but a good character

Not surprised that Rhys and Cheryl happened, Rhys has always had his brain in his trousers and Cheryl is feeling lousy for days and bored i think
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl seems to have forgot that she was the one who got Rhys and Jacqui together in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the ep, it was better than I thought it would be! can't say I'm a fan of Gilly tho :sleep:
    Loved loved loved Brendan, especially when he was wearing that eye mask (which by the way wasn't at all gay looking :rolleyes::p) lol
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree....superb actress
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't too impress by it. But love Claire Cooper, like always.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just didn't get the point of it?? Did they end up giving Kathleen the money? Didn't Danny give Jacqui the money to pay her off??

I thought it was going to 'change their lives forever' but it really hasn't. Also could of sworn there was meant to be a murder?

Liked it, just not sure what the point of it was...

Plus Rhys & Chez on the floor - EEWW!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I can see happening from this special is a pregnancy scare between Cheryl and Rhys. Other than a bit ofg swearing and Rhys showing his arse this could have been in the normal show.

Claire Cooper is fantastic actress and I'm really happy that she was the focus of this story.