The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Hi Johnathan - I tend to disagree with you on this point. John came back and started tweeting - he was not forced at taser point :eek: to tweet people. So when he returned home it was not asking too much to say - "chat the next time I'm over guys" or WTTE, common decency I would say really:)

Of course,it wouldn't have taken him a lot of time,and seeing as he does check his TL or whatever,maybe he just can't be arsed or doesn't want to ,he might feel he doesn't have anything to talk about now he's been out of the bb house a long time ago?Who knows really,that's just my thoughts.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

I tend to agree with Deefs. I find John not tweeting goodbye or something very odd, but there you go.

Hope everyone is OK today. I'm busy packing to leave for our our short break up North. We are putting wellies in the boot of our car and packing some extra socks. We are hoping we won't have to use them. We have decided not to leave an autumn break this late next year.

Well, best get going - need to vacuum and finish packing.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon all - interesting read-thru!

I agree with Deefs and others; I think it takes 2 seconds to tweet, all John had to do was say I'm off now, bye! He knows he has followers; he knows he's encouraged it (opening a Fb page twice for those loyal fans) and occasionally posting on there. I don't think he does anymore (I'm not on loys so I'm sure somebody will correct me) but his friend does; whether this is at John's request to keep the loyalty going, I don't know.

Somebody said they didn't think John would get a lot of support if he were to ask for it with regard to sponsoring a friend or something - I think the core group of fans would support him, from what I heard some are still pretty fanatical - not one hint of criticism towards John is allowed in some quarters apparently :eek: I think perhaps a small few would sell their first-born if asked :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Hmmm - Jonathan - Daniel does NOT squint all the time. He didn't in Defiance or Our Friends in the North - and he and Dame Judy Dench were a great double act last night on Graham Norton. I did feel a bit sorry for Javier who wasn't really given equal time and missed a couple of the jokes.

Ok I take it all back :D
    Forum Member
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Hi Johnathan - I tend to disagree with you on this point. John came back and started tweeting - he was not forced at taser point :eek: to tweet people. So when he returned home it was not asking too much to say - "chat the next time I'm over guys" or WTTE, common decency I would say really:)

Yeah sometimes it’s hard to figure out why he doesn’t make things easier for himself, like yep if he tweeted something like thanks for the support, which he’s said in the past quite sincerely so i think that support meant something to him and he obviously knows that’s what people want of him now so it is difficult to figure out especially seeing as he really got involved back in august which is just a couple of months ago. And i totally get why people would think just tweet ffs lol

But for me the friendliness while he was there was enough, i thought he made an effort and he’s not really one for doing things the way everyone else does things for whatever reason.
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    Of course,it wouldn't have taken him a lot of time,and seeing as he does check his TL or whatever,maybe he just can't be arsed or doesn't want to ,he might feel he doesn't have anything to talk about now he's been out of the bb house a long time ago?Who knows really,that's just my thoughts.

Yeah i think there’s a bit of that too
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Afternoon all - interesting read-thru!

I agree with Deefs and others; I think it takes 2 seconds to tweet, all John had to do was say I'm off now, bye! He knows he has followers; he knows he's encouraged it (opening a Fb page twice for those loyal fans) and occasionally posting on there. I don't think he does anymore (I'm not on loys so I'm sure somebody will correct me) but his friend does; whether this is at John's request to keep the loyalty going, I don't know.

Somebody said they didn't think John would get a lot of support if he were to ask for it with regard to sponsoring a friend or something - I think the core group of fans would support him, from what I heard some are still pretty fanatical - not one hint of criticism towards John is allowed in some quarters apparently :eek: I think perhaps a small few would sell their first-born if asked :p

Well if he asked me nicely you know maybe lol

I stick to here and don’t really have a clue what goes on elsewhere

But back in the early days it was weird to me the two different types of extreme Johns fans, the ones who were constantly pissed at him and tweeting him about what he didn’t do right and the ones who wouldn’t accept he had flaws at all.
    Forum Member
    Ok I take it all back :D

I'm glad you have Jonathan - :):):)
    Forum Member
    Well if he asked me nicely you know maybe lol

I stick to here and don’t really have a clue what goes on elsewhere

But back in the early days it was weird to me the two different types of extreme Johns fans, the ones who were constantly pissed at him and tweeting him about what he didn’t do right and the ones who wouldn’t accept he had flaws at all.

Human nature never ceases to amaze me.

My husband thinks I'm obsessive because I watch the Sharpe programs with the door closed - that is because my o/h is usually in the study listening to the radio - no obsession here - well maybe a little one. However, I don't follow Sean Bean around, write him fan letters or buy any Sharpe products. . .

Personally I have always supported John because he reminded me of an ex-boyfriend and because he was a very interesting character in the house. Somehow I don't think he would interest me as much if I just met him on the street.
    Forum Member
    Yeah sometimes it’s hard to figure out why he doesn’t make things easier for himself, like yep if he tweeted something like thanks for the support, which he’s said in the past quite sincerely so i think that support meant something to him and he obviously knows that’s what people want of him now so it is difficult to figure out especially seeing as he really got involved back in august which is just a couple of months ago. And i totally get why people would think just tweet ffs lol

But for me the friendliness while he was there was enough, i thought he made an effort and he’s not really one for doing things the way everyone else does things for whatever reason.

I think he did make an effort when he was over here and I think that's why many of us are disappointed. It would have been better if John had said no to posing with fans and posting photos of himself .

As I've said before, I think John likes to be in control - who knows, maybe this is his control over the fans? I do agree with Deefs and Muggins though - would have been nice for him to tweet something.
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm off. I have put wellies, umbrellas in the car, packed most of the bags, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, ironed the last two of my husband's shirts. Made sure I have the phone number of the B&B and had a bath.

Please would some kind soul let me know by PM if anything of interest happens. Back on Sunday!
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Well, I'm off. I have put wellies, umbrellas in the car, packed most of the bags, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, ironed the last two of my husband's shirts. Made sure I have the phone number of the B&B and had a bath.

Please would some kind soul let me know by PM if anything of interest happens. Back on Sunday!

Have fun Nyannie.xxxNot sure anything of interest will happen lol:D
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have fun Nyannie.xxxNot sure anything of interest will happen lol:D

But if it does you can be sure to get that pm x

Have a good time x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see some of the old posters posting. x
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »
    But if it does you can be sure to get that pm x

Have a good time x

True,but the chances of something happening is highly unlikely:D
    Lovely to see some of the old posters posting. x

That includes you too.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That includes you too.:)

Thanks lover. John doesnt tweet very often but when he does its always a nice surprise. x I read here every day x

You still watching BBoz?
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    We was robbed :(

thats liverpool :mad:

robbed i say, get that ******* linesman some glasses :mad:

good evening jjat :D
    nice to see so many back :p
    Forum Member
    Thanks lover. John doesnt tweet very often but when he does its always a nice surprise. x I read here every day x

You still watching BBoz?

Nice,but also this:eek: and this:rolleyes::DHe's enjoying the spring,maybe taking surfing lessons before the summer begins?:p

I am still,delighted with this week eviction results:cool:
    Forum Member
    We was robbed :(

thats liverpool :mad:

robbed i say, get that ******* linesman some glasses :mad:

good evening jjat :D
    nice to see so many back :p

Didn't see it,but looks like another bad luck for the Kop:o

It can only get better:D
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member