Beyoncé - Bow Down Bitches/I Been On

Comments

• lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it! I liked the tune in the advert for Bey's O2 concerts so happy to hear there is a whole song of it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like an intro that Rihanna would use on an album

It's okay I guess, she needs to keep up with younger ones.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    Sky_Fire wrote: »
    What I don't get is Jay z stated he was going to stop using the word bitch after their daughter was born so now she wants to throw it around to other women. Weird

Do you believe every report/rumour? He never said that.

These songs are not really my thing. I know she will have pop/rnb songs on the album, so i'm not bothered.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Hideous, clunky, atonal piece of misogynistic garbage that screams arrogance and desperation.

I used to think Beyonce could do no wrong; now I'm finding it hard to believe that she was the same artist who released Crazy in Love.

When you have to resort to shock tactics to selling your latest album you know your number is up. See ya. :sleep:
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    And once again... people break out the old "fun" excuse for crap.

If it's not "Well, it's for charity..." then it's "Just abit of fun".

No it is a bit of fun, she obviously isn't gonna have an album full of this type of thing and she doesn't normally do stuff like this so it's more like a one off.

You clearly don't like her anyway so whatever she does wouldn't please you.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I think I'm finally done with her....
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaha Beyonce really knows how to get people talking. A bit of fun is exactly what it is. Get people talking in anticipation of the first single. Looks like it's doing the trick lol!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    No it is a bit of fun, she obviously isn't gonna have an album full of this type of thing and she doesn't normally do stuff like this so it's more like a one off.

You clearly don't like her anyway so whatever she does wouldn't please you.

Being just a bit of fun, does not equate to 'allowing songs to be terrible'.

A song can be just a bit of fun... and still good.

Poker Face is a fun song, not meant to be taken too seriously... but hey, it's actually a good pop song.

That's not a very good excuse, to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Why is everyone excusing the song because its snippets of two songs - she put together 2 exceptionally bad songs to create a new form of torture. :eek:

I hope the album isn't like this but I get the feeling that ms carter is a different league of ghetto than beyonce :cry:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    horrendous...my ears feel violated
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member

Poker Face is a fun song, not meant to be taken too seriously... but hey, it's actually a good pop song.

Bey's snippets isn't pop. If they become singles, it will probably be only for urban radio. She will still have her pop/rnb songs for people who don't like that type of music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats shocking, very lazy and sounds like it was written in 10 mins. Also an annoying heavily auto tuned voice doesn't help
    Forum Member

Well to me this song is good, but whether we like it or not is irrelevant, the point I'm making is that people shouldn't take it too seriously. Is this the type of music she always releases? No, she just wanted to try something a little different.

Some people are acting as if her whole album will be full of this sort if thing when it won't.

I guess some people are waiting for Single Ladies, Halo type songs , this is too urban for some people.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Awful in my opinion. Not my thing at all and I prefer "Diva" and "Video Phone" to music like "If I Were A Boy", for instance.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Keyshia Cole isn't a fan:

http://www.eonline.com/news/398892/keyshia-cole-slams-beyonc-eacute-s-quot-bow-down-i-been-on-quot-for-mixed-message-gets-stung-by-beyhive?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-musicnews

A lot of people will give Keyshia a hard time for this and say she isn't as successful as B or she's not as good a singer etc, but to be fair even Keyshia's worst material still a million times better than Bow Down.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Been On?

Really? I know some urban acts take liberties with written english, but my god.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugely dissapointed with this new Beyonce track, I just expected so much more. I think she's tried to be different and edgy and it's just not really worked! Here's hoping this isn't a true reflection of her forthcoming new music 'cause if it is then I wont be listening to it!!

Ps. Beyonce's ''bow down to me bitches'' doesn't quite work as well as' 'It's Britney Bitch!''... just sayin' ;)
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a similar sound to Run the World, so not that 'out' there for Beyonce I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I think I'm finally done with her....

me too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Have to laugh at such arrogance from one who really isn't that great. Used to like Beyonce, never been a fan of her music but she seemed nice enough. Can't stand her now, seems to have a very high opinion of herself. The song is horrific.
  • suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Beyonce is pretty shit, and media hype.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canks wrote: »
    Have to laugh at such arrogance from one who really isn't that great. Used to like Beyonce, never been a fan of her music but she seemed nice enough. Can't stand her now, seems to have a very high opinion of herself. The song is horrific.

Isn't that great? She's just sold out a world tour without even releasing an album or single for nearly two years. I would call that great ;). Also, she is without a doubt the best performer out there right now. She'd wipe the floor with anyone. What's funny is that this track probably won't even be remembered in a years time...it's been leaked to serve a purpose...to get people talking and to build up hype. That's why she's done it and it's working!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suncity wrote: »
    Beyonce is pretty shit, and media hype.

Correct.

"I Am... Sasha Fierce" was a decent album to me. Simple R&B songs, but even the title stinks of her ego. Sasha Fierce and all this self proclaimed Queen bollocks is hilarious.

And that album should damn well be decent considering the endless amount of producers and songwriters on it. It's embarrassing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Isn't that great? She's just sold out a world tour without even releasing an album or single for nearly two years. I would call that great ;). Also, she is without a doubt the best performer out there right now. She'd wipe the floor with anyone. What's funny is that this track probably won't even be remembered in a years time...it's been leaked to serve a purpose...to get people talking and to build up hype. That's why she's done it and it's working!!!!

would you? We probably have very different views on what defines 'great' then. I've always found her very hyped with little substance. A few decent songs but nothing truly ground breaking.

I think releasing a really fantastic song would be a better way to get people taking and build up the hype ;)
    Forum Member
    Canks wrote: »
    would you? We probably have very different views on what defines 'great' then. I've always found her very hyped with little substance. A few decent songs but nothing truly ground breaking.

I think releasing a really fantastic song would be a better way to get people taking and build up the hype ;)

She will when the new album campaign officially starts, this is just to tide the fans over, what's the point in releasing a song you feel could be a worldwide hit as a taster. You have to save that your a single that will get a proper release.