Internet Movie Database website down?

Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,440
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Didn't know really the most appropriate sub-forum to put this in. But I've noticed the Internet Movie Database website has been down for at least the past 24 hours, which is unusual for a major website like that. Anyone know why it's down and when it will be back online?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    ...It's fine from here.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Fine for me
  • Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's weird then. It's not working for me. And as well as Google Chrome I've tried Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer as browsers.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fine for me too.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    It's fine for me too.

And me. It was fine when I was on that site 2 hours ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Doesn't work for me either, 2 different laptop running Window 7 & 8. We're with Sky BB, is it them blocking it somehow?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't access IMDB. The website isn't coming up for me at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rob551 wrote: »
    Doesn't work for me either, 2 different laptop running Window 7 & 8. We're with Sky BB, is it them blocking it somehow?

I'm on O2's network and it's not connecting at all for me. If Sky is blocking it on their network, why? What possible reason could there be for Sky to block IMDB?
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm on O2's network and it's not connecting at all for me. If Sky is blocking it on their network, why? What possible reason could there be for Sky to block IMDB?

Who knows!!!! Not happy.

Just tried it on my phone, connected to the Sky BB wi-fi, and it's down as well, with a message from AVG on my phone that it contains malicious content.

:(
  • Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZX50, I'm on 02 too. :confused:
    Forum Member
    I've just posted a message on Sky's FB page, will let you know if I get a response!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's fine at my end.

You could always check by visiting down-or-just-me sites like this one: http://www.isup.me
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just spotted a thread on the O2 community forum about it.

Seems to confirm a problem, but no answers.

I'm O2 (sky) as well and can't get IMDB on mobile or broadband.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I left Sky BB for BT BB and fine on here.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Mines fine now but it was out for a few hours yesterday for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZX50, I'm on 02 too. :confused:

It looks like only certain networks might be affected then. Strange. Still down for me at the minute.

Edit: Going to try something.... Aha! O2's DNS must be playing up or something because I've changed the DNS server and I've been able to connect to it. The website even fully loaded. So, it's O2's DNS that's at fault. Don't know about Sky though, obviously.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing visible here.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I fiddled around with the DNS server addresses and have gotten it back.
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Ah, I fiddled around with the DNS server addresses and have gotten it back.

Can you give me a hint on how to fix it please, life without imdb is painful!
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe try download Opera browser enable turbo mode and it should work plus other blocked sites.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Still down for me this morning.

On O2 broadband and using Firefox and IE.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Still down for me on Sky BB but is okay on my mobile with Vodafone 3G, so it definitely looks like a Sky problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Still down for me on Sky BB but is okay on my mobile with Vodafone 3G, so it definitely looks like a Sky problem.

Actually it seems to be a problem with IMDB themselves - https://getsatisfaction.com/imdb/topics/server_not_found-y7k70 It looks like it's happening all over the world not just in the UK and IMDB are apparently aware of it. If you type in the site's IP address (207.171.162.180) you'll be able to get access to the site.
  • GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got Sky broadband and am an IMDb Pro user and it was working fine last night and is still okay today. I know they've been re-designing the Pro site (although the revamped site isn't online yet), so it could be they have also been giving the regular site a makeover.

Edited to say that the non-subscription site is working for me too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't access the IMDB website at all. It must be O2's DNS server that's at fault. I could access their website no problem when changing the DNS server in my ethernet settings.