Options

Worst Corrie scene ever??

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rooftop 'drama' still wins because it had the stupidity of Liz bellowing at people to not move the ladder.

And another contender is Les destroying his wedding gifts. Awful attempt at 'comedy'. It was like something out of 'Granddad' with Clive Dunn.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Yes....plus

Fred falling in the hole in Audrey's garden

Is this related to her ongoing "damp patch"?
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The moment Sean regains consciousness after the minibus crash takes some beating!
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    The worst scene has been forgotten about.

I expect you mean the 'Play the white man' racial issue, Sulla. I am sure the producer and writers are hoping that everybody has forgotten that nonsense.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    The Callum and Chesney scene gives this some competition.

That scene the other day when Callum told Chesney he was going to 'rearrange his face' was laughable for all the wrong reasons...
    Actually yes & it was even more laughable when Chesney 'stared him out' & he left muttering "Whatever.. " or something!!

What do we expect from somebody who caught David breaking into his flat, and was also reported to the police for his drug dealing but has done nothing to make him a real threat to David.

Callum is a laughable villain.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Andrea breaking the chair was ridiculously bad. I can just imagine the writers thinking "This is going to be laugh out loud comedy." I don't know about everyone else but I could see the tumbleweed rolling along the cab office floor :D.

Of course the winner of worst scene and worst episode ever goes to Neil on the roof.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an obvious common link developing here - Andrea.

I think Corrie see her as a loveable "slapstick humour" kind of character but she's just awful and all her attempts at humour fall flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    The Andrea breaking the chair was ridiculously bad. I can just imagine the writers thinking "This is going to be laugh out loud comedy." I don't know about everyone else but I could see the tumbleweed rolling along the cab office floor :D.

Of course the winner of worst scene and worst episode ever goes to Neil on the roof.

I have to admit, the chair breaking scene did make me LOL :D I have a very primitive sense of humour though lol.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    I expect you mean the 'Play the white man' racial issue, Sulla. I am sure the producer and writers are hoping that everybody has forgotten that nonsense.

I think you may be missing the point. That actually provoked discussion and debate as opposed to only despair provoked by the chair breaking, roof top or Gail backing the women into her house scenes.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happened a while ago but I seem to recall a load of lollipop men marching down the cobbles like cybermen standing up to Steve?

It was awful and has stuck in my mind.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I fell asleep while Friday's Corrie was on and missed the repeats over the weekend. It sounds like I didn't miss much. I'll watch the repeats tomorrow during the day or if I'm up first thing but it doesn't sound like it's very good. I usually watch my soaps no matter what though.
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    There's an obvious common link developing here - Andrea.

I think Corrie see her as a loveable "slapstick humour" kind of character but she's just awful and all her attempts at humour fall flat.

Her look of dismay when she was sprawled on the floor...I'm amazed the production team allowed that to be aired. It was as convincing as Ed Milliband.

However the scene of the decade for me has to be Yasmin sending off the terrifying yobs with a flea in their ear, and the threat of telling their mummies what they were up to. And Yob no 1 skulking off with the perishing retort of 'lets go, it's boring around here anyway.' Oscar winning stuff.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dev and Deirdre in bed together was rather uncomfortable viewing :blush:
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    There is not a single storyline I am liking at the moment.

Michael and Gavin
    Gail's silliness and the silly babyish way she talks.
    Tracey and Tony
    Faye and the impending birth of her baby!
    How Anna cannot notice her bump I will never know!
    I really only like it when Emily is in it.
    I don't care much about the Nazir family either.
  • Options
    immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Andrea and the chair was worse.

This was my first thought when I saw the thread title. I thought it was shockingly awful. However, after the episode, Hayley T retweeted some people who thought it was the funniest thing ever. I can imagine maybe some viewers finding it hilarious, but it's not my type of humour at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    immusic wrote: »
    This was my first thought when I saw the thread title. I thought it was shockingly awful. However, after the episode, Hayley T retweeted some people who thought it was the funniest thing ever. I can imagine maybe some viewers finding it hilarious, but it's not my type of humour at all.

Well I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me then :D
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    immusic wrote: »

I agree. It wasn't even a "so bad it's good" comedy moment (think Cilla and Les in the bath falling through the ceiling).
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,007
    Forum Member
    Sarah Platt trying to seduce Jason by putting a plaster on his injured hand after he had been doing some work on the house. Cringeworthy!

Many of Cilla's antics such as nicking Blanche's scooter, burning down the chippy, the wedding were all terrible too.

Tracy Barlow's return scene and that line about the biggest return since Jesus or something.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    fayemian wrote: »
    Her look of dismay when she was sprawled on the floor...I'm amazed the production team allowed that to be aired. It was as convincing as Ed Milliband.

However the scene of the decade for me has to be Yasmin sending off the terrifying yobs with a flea in their ear, and the threat of telling their mummies what they were up to. And Yob no 1 skulking off with the perishing retort of 'lets go, it's boring around here anyway.' Oscar winning stuff.

Ha yeah I'd forgotten soap's scariest gang of yobs ever!!!! Although have they now secretly done away with Yasmeen??! She hasn't been seen for a while...or is she busy putting the finishing touches to her chicken pie making machine a la Mrs Tweedy from Chicken Run! Sharif... be warned!

On the subject of Andrea, believe me there's been many times I've been tempted to start a similar thread titled 'Is Hayley Tamaddon the worst actress ever to appear on Corre?!!!!!'
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Yes....plus

Cilla in the canal
    The cringeworthy boxing match - Ashley and Fred versus a lookey and soundylike
    Ashley and Fred...plus the chair fight after,
    Scooter saving the fish
    Identical "twins" Joanne and Jessie
    Dev's secret children
    Martin's crappy exit
    Fred falling in the hole in Audrey's garden
    So much better than the crap we get served up at the moment!
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Les & Cilla were at least Marmite characters!! For every one who hated them there was someone else who loved them!! It's difficult to imagine anyone ever loving Andrea or the Nazirs, though I'm sure there's some who do!!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »

bib: More like Chicken Dave Cameron.

Back on topic, any "comedy" capers involving Les and Cilla were truly dire. Plus anything Tracy Barlow-related.
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned Sharif and the chickens yet or was it so bad that you have all erased from your minds? if so apologies for bringing it up. Sharif and and the allotment was pretty bad too and all the male Nazirs getting really creepy about Alya's sex life.

Worst scenes ever was the stuff with real Ryan, by the end he was looking almost incestuous with Michelle
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    I forgot Scooter and the carp, that was so bad I nearly stuck pins in my eyes.