50th Anniversary Trailer On Saturday!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    PeteJK wrote: »
    Read the bottom of the link

Still, it'll be nice to watch tomorrow!

Dam it! I'm sure that message wasn't there when I first saw the page. Bit chessed off, a lot of fans have been waiting for footage from the special for about 4 months. I think filming finished in about July - does that mean it takes 4 months to make a trailer?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dam it! I'm sure that message wasn't there when I first saw the page. Bit chessed off, a lot of fans have been waiting for footage from the special for about 4 months. I think filming finished in about July - does that mean it takes 4 months to make a trailer?

No, it means that the actual episode trailer will be aired at the point where its airing fits in with the promotional plan, and not before. :)
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Crap, finally get a trailer and I'm banned from GB again.
  • Options
    Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    II'm not cut out for the rough and ready of forum's that all. I much prefer threads like the missing episodes one, which although contains a bit of argy bargy now and again is much more like a discussion about all kinds of crazy things.

That's why the INN was created. :)
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crap, finally get a trailer and I'm banned from GB again.
    Ah, yes. The Kafka-esque rules of Gallifrey Base. Did you dare to speculate on the content of tonight's trailer?

Here's what the site owner posted on the Missing Episodes thread in the days before the actual episodes were revealed:
    "Before you do, you must understand there is a STRICT BAN on any speculation or discussion about which episodes, who found them, how they were found, where they were found, what the release plans are, or any other as-yet-unreleased details."

What a bizarre way to run a discussion forum!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, yes. The Kafka-esque rules of Gallifrey Base. Did you dare to speculate on the content of tonight's trailer?

Here's what the site owner posted on the Missing Episodes thread in the days before the actual episodes were revealed:
    "Before you do, you must understand there is a STRICT BAN on any speculation or discussion about which episodes, who found them, how they were found, where they were found, what the release plans are, or any other as-yet-unreleased details."

What a bizarre way to run a discussion forum!:D

I linked to a fan montage trailer for the 50th. No, really.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "@Abslom_Deek: I can promise at 8:20pm on BBC1 tonight you'll see the most astonishing #doctorwho trail ever! You will rewatch and freeze frame for weeks!!"

Serve me up some humble pie baby! I'm hungry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you serious?!
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised at the number of people moaning about people moaning. When I've not actually seen much moaning apart from Sh'boobie, whom I think most of us ignore, don't we? Anyway, I certainly wouldn't let his/her postings affect me in any way.

I would like it to be noted that I am not moaning at all , thus refuting any suggestion that the same people always moan about anything.

I will be glued to the TV at 8.20 in order to watch this trailer. It's like water in the desert!:)

I won't be watching the dreadful Atlantis after it's finished, though. Oops, sorry, slipped into moaning mode again.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you serious?!

Yup. Clips from the show are banned unless from official channels, even in montage form. Ban stated next time it would be a perma-ban.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm out this evening, look forward to catching this when I get home. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So the point of it is? No trailer for the special just clips of old footage I already own on DVD.

Hardly mouth watering.

I think any trailer coming the thunder has been stolen by Enemy/Web.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "@Abslom_Deek: I can promise at 8:20pm on BBC1 tonight you'll see the most astonishing #doctorwho trail ever! You will rewatch and freeze frame for weeks!!"

Serve me up some humble pie baby! I'm hungry!

Rumours on GB include CGI+double holograms of The Doctors together and an appearance from Paul McGann.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I questioned the timing of such a trailer. Not the trailer itself. Like Granny says...maybe our thirst will finally be quenched and happy days from here on in. Sure. I want footage. But from the buzz I am hearing on this trailer it sure as hell isn't going to just be a fanvid style montage. And if it is? Anything is good right now b
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumours on GB include CGI+double holograms of The Doctors together and an appearance from Paul McGann.

Exciting times! Then only a couple of weeks surely until first trailers for TDOTD?

I assume tonights trailer will be online just after broadcast? Sounds like its going to need alot of rewatching. You know. Like they said we would for those hashtags.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's the post about Paul McGann, from longtime occasional poster Herr Döktor:

Not often I have anything to say here these days (aprt from the odd, pithy one-liner) as what sources I did have dried up years ago, but, quite by chance, someone I know has seen the trailer, and has dropped two hints, and two words:

"Not saying I've seen it or anything but it's bloody awesome, and if you record it make sure when you play it back to look out for a surprise face near an Ood"

"There is NO FOOTAGE or refs to the actual episode in the trail. If there are hints they are very VERY subtle"

And the two words:

"Paul McGann"

Is it 8.20 yet?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the post about Paul McGann, from longtime occasional poster Herr Döktor:

Not often I have anything to say here these days (aprt from the odd, pithy one-liner) as what sources I did have dried up years ago, but, quite by chance, someone I know has seen the trailer, and has dropped two hints, and two words:

"Not saying I've seen it or anything but it's bloody awesome, and if you record it make sure when you play it back to look out for a surprise face near an Ood"

"There is NO FOOTAGE or refs to the actual episode in the trail. If there are hints they are very VERY subtle"

And the two words:

"Paul McGann"

Is it 8.20 yet?

The two words which could raise empires and topple Gods.

Possible first look on tumblr - if the Dalek tip was anything to go by!

Okay. Okay okay. Urhm. Guys... no. I'm moving this one to the Spoilers thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear! On GB, that's tantamount to personally uploading all six of episodes of The Enemy of the World to YouTube and posting links on the forum, declaring "Don't bother paying for it on iTunes. Fill yer boots!"

You have to wonder about people who exercise "ZERO TOLERANCE" policies. The GB owner and mods obviously don't trust themselves to use discretion like normal human beings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's only a matter of time before GB bans people from talking about Doctor Who. After all, why take any risks?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Lii wrote: »
    I think it's only a matter of time before GB bans people from talking about Doctor Who. After all, why take any risks?

Great Britain will ban talk about Doctor Who?

It was only a matter of time.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exciting times! Then only a couple of weeks surely until first trailers for TDOTD?

I assume tonights trailer will be online just after broadcast? Sounds like its going to need alot of rewatching. You know. Like they said we would for those hashtags.

Two weeks at most until TDOTD I would hope!

Going up online straight after broadcast tonight. The previous sources are actually saying people will want to freeze frame moments over and over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Two weeks at most until TDOTD I would hope!

Going up online straight after broadcast tonight. The previous sources are actually saying people will want to freeze frame moments over and over.
    Jenna Coleman upskirt shots?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got high hopes for this if the rumours are to be believed. Whatever we get I'm sure it'll be worth watching. About time they gave us something!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jenna Coleman upskirt shots?

ROFL :D
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here it comes!