Options

The Impossible Astronaut

Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm just watching this and something River says puzzles me, maybe I'm being a bit dim but at one point, when River is talking about her relationship with the Doctor, she says its all back to front and that her past is his future...was that an error?

Surely, his past is her future!

Comments

• Options
    Capaldi_CapaldiCapaldi_Capaldi Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    I'm just watching this and something River says puzzles me, maybe I'm being a bit dim but at one point, when River is talking about her relationship with the Doctor, she says its all back to front and that her past is his future...was that an error?

Her Past Is His Future
    His Past Is Her Future
    mean the same thing don't they?
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her Past Is His Future
    His Past Is Her Future
    mean the same thing don't they?

Well, no because in Forest of the Dead, the Doctor is in his 10th incarnation (his past) and she is at the end of her life (her future).

Actually, thinking about it, she may have just been talking about that particular season. As AGMGTW is his future but her past!
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »

Sounds right to me - her past (i.e. the things that woman n screen right there an then) has already done in her life (i.e. the things she remembers and she knows she has done) are things that future Doctor will share with her.

Her future (i.e. things she doesn't yet know she will do , like die in a library ...) are in his past.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Sounds right to me

Me too. And what are the alternatives? Her past is his future, but also his future is her future?