This is What Happened to My Website

Comments

• VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But not to all: on clicking the link, I am greeted with a message saying, "Vopiscus, you do not have permission to access this page," and giving possible reasons for this, of which the first (and most cogent) is "The thread or post you are trying to view may have been removed in line with our terms and conditions."

So I'm as much in the dark as ever.

[Incidentally, as this is apparently a reply to my entry earlier today on another thread, it would have been better to post it there, rather than start a new thread on what is essentially the same subject.]
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im thinking that the thread was closed down as it was promoting a personal work! Although the site wasnt asking for money so I dont see what DSs fuss with it was?

Anyway the site still exists so Im posting it (as I have nothing to do with the site): http://jackheathcot6.wix.com/doctorwhothesite#!about2/ct9r
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm reluctant to believe that the mods have time to sit around and read every thread and monitor it.

Rather, I imagine that DS has some code constantly running in the background looking for patterns in a thread, like for example when a link to the same website is posted many times by different posts in the same thread, this would trigger an auto delete of the thread in case it's promotion of some kind.

e.g. like Junk Mail - you often get junk mail saying something like .... click on this link to improve you *%*^ life, and then another email with different words with the same link and so on and on. Therefore DS has a junk mail type filter running which tries to detect frequent posts to the same website in a thread especially if its the same person posting them.

BTW - Capaldi_Capaldi - not that I'm paranoid, but are you really this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Heath
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    I'm reluctant to believe that the mods have time to sit around and read every thread and monitor it.

Rather, I imagine that DS has some code constantly running in the background looking for patterns in a thread, like for example when a link to the same website is posted many times by different posts in the same thread, this would trigger an auto delete of the thread in case it's promotion of some kind.

e.g. like Junk Mail - you often get junk mail saying something like .... click on this link to improve you *%*^ life, and then another email with different words with the same link and so on and on. Therefore DS has a junk mail type filter running which tries to detect frequent posts to the same website in a thread especially if its the same person posting them.

BTW - Capaldi_Capaldi - not that I'm paranoid, but are you really this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Heath

He is Professor Yana.

We should all be afraid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol - I've just spilled my tea :)
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you stalking him, The_Judge_? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you stalking him, The_Judge_? :D

lol :)

Actually I received a bit of abuse when I joined this forum: I post too much, I start too many threads, I make personal and not Dr Who related posts....

I guess I have a bit of sympathy for Capaldi_Capaldi. I think if he is a genuine 13 yr old kid who loves Doctor Who who are we to stop him posting too many times? He's a young kid yet he loves the "so called" too old actor for the role Mr. Capaldi, so how's that posters who claim Capldis' casting was a bad thing for the youth? He is also full of enthusiasm and has kept the forum busy recently. We don't have to like every post here whether they're mine or his or anyone elses, but atleast there are posts :)

On the flip side, the discrepencaies in his age - why have a facebook account with the wrong age? I also found it quite interesting that there is a sci fi author for teens who has publicly gone on record to defend Steven Moffat (i.e. clearly is a Doctor Who fan) called Jack Heath - and Capald_Capaldis' website has the words Jack Heath in the domain ....

I'm a judge, I need to see all the facts before I make a final judgement :p

So really, if you're genuine - good on you Capaldi_Capaldi. If not, just let us know, you're posts have been ok, I won't be too upset, just want the truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually I received a bit of abuse when I joined this forum: I post too much, I start too many threads, I make personal and not Dr Who related posts.....

Yeah, sorry about that.

I was burned by James Vick and Fyffes.

:blush:

But I think Capaldi_Capaldi could answer a lot of his/her questions via the magic of Google, or even clicking Page 2 of this forum.

Someone else posted that CC starts threads, but doesn't participate in them, which I also find kinda annoying.

It's all a bit ADHD.

But, ya know, I'm being a grumpy sod :o
  • sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the flip side, the discrepencaies in his age - why have a facebook account with the wrong age?

I may be wrong but I believe that Facebook has a minimum age for people to sign up, so if you are below that age you would add a few years simply to be able to join the site...
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Three threads in one forum about your website — makes you sound a rather egotistical young man.

(Anyone see what I've done there :) )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong but I believe that Facebook has a minimum age for people to sign up, so if you are below that age you would add a few years simply to be able to join the site...

Quite. I can entirely understand the OP's lying to Facebook; what I don't understand is why he is making these contradictory statements to us.
  • Capaldi_CapaldiCapaldi_Capaldi Posts: 227
    Forum Member

Actually I received a bit of abuse when I joined this forum: I post too much, I start too many threads, I make personal and not Dr Who related posts....

I guess I have a bit of sympathy for Capaldi_Capaldi. I think if he is a genuine 13 yr old kid who loves Doctor Who who are we to stop him posting too many times? He's a young kid yet he loves the "so called" too old actor for the role Mr. Capaldi, so how's that posters who claim Capldis' casting was a bad thing for the youth? He is also full of enthusiasm and has kept the forum busy recently. We don't have to like every post here whether they're mine or his or anyone elses, but atleast there are posts :)

On the flip side, the discrepencaies in his age - why have a facebook account with the wrong age? I also found it quite interesting that there is a sci fi author for teens who has publicly gone on record to defend Steven Moffat (i.e. clearly is a Doctor Who fan) called Jack Heath - and Capald_Capaldis' website has the words Jack Heath in the domain ....

I'm a judge, I need to see all the facts before I make a final judgement :p

So really, if you're genuine - good on you Capaldi_Capaldi. If not, just let us know, you're posts have been ok, I won't be too upset, just want the truth.[/QUOTE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also found it quite interesting that there is a sci fi author for teens who has publicly gone on record to defend Steven Moffat (i.e. clearly is a Doctor Who fan) called Jack Heath - and Capald_Capaldis' website has the words Jack Heath in the domain ....

The domain name includes "jackheathcot6": but since Heathcot is a genuine surname in its own right, I think you're barking up the wrong tree here (even if Capaldi_Capaldi is 19 rather than 13, he would have to be an infant prodigy to have written Jack Heath's earliest published works).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are wrong:

https://www.facebook.com/help/210*****5634222

"How old do you have to be to sign up for Facebook?

To be eligible to sign up for Facebook, you must be at least 13 years old."

And to be clear, I've got nothing against Capaldi_Capaldi. Like I've said, I quite like the fact he's keeping the forum busy and for his age he has good passion for Doctor Who. I'm just curious about weirdness in his profile.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vopiscus wrote: »
    The domain name includes "jackheathcot6": but since Heathcot is a genuine surname in its own right, I think you're barking up the wrong tree here (even if Capaldi_Capaldi is 19 rather than 13, he would have to be an infant prodigy to have written Jack Heath's earliest published works).

True, I did wonder about this too, especially as Jack Heath is based in Australia and even with the best will in the world he would struggle to post to this forum at the times that Capaldi_Capaldi does.

just a note to Capaldi_Capaldi - digital identity is precious, you may want to look at some url name provide to protect your real name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry about that.

I was burned by James Vick and Fyffes.

:blush:

Yeah Gris, you were mean to me, I'm still crying inside :cry: NOT

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are wrong:

https://www.facebook.com/help/210*****5634222

"How old do you have to be to sign up for Facebook?

To be eligible to sign up for Facebook, you must be at least 13 years old."

So, if Capaldi_Capaldi joined Facebook (which does have a minimum age, i.e. 13) before 21/10/2013, he would have had to lie about his age.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vopiscus wrote: »
    (even if Capaldi_Capaldi is 19 rather than 13, he would have to be an infant prodigy to have written Jack Heath's earliest published works).

Plus the script samples he keeps blessing us with possess no evidence of writing talent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Grisonaut wrote: »

It's all a bit ADHD.

I'd be careful flying that around as a insult, some people may find it a little degrading....
    Sorry completely unrelated, just quite a close topic to me.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puca wrote: »
    I'd be careful flying that around as a insult, some people may find it a little degrading....
    Sorry completely unrelated, just quite a close topic to me.

It wasn't used as an insult. It described the posting style of a certain forum member. In the same way as one could describe someone's posting style as 'schizophrenic'. It doesn't mean they are insulting or denigrating anyone who suffers from that illness.

Its a shame if you were offended. I wasn't. So it all balances out doesn't it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    It wasn't used as an insult. It described the posting style of a certain forum member. In the same way as one could describe someone's posting style as 'schizophrenic'. It doesn't mean they are insulting or denigrating anyone who suffers from that illness.

Its a shame if you were offended. I wasn't. So it all balances out doesn't it.

And what describes an ADHD posting style?