Now tv with windows surface pro?

Will sky's new now tv device work with a windows surface pro tablet?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very much doubt it. The Now box is designed to plug into a TV to stream content from the web. There is no way it can be plugged into a tablet.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Am I missing something here?, couldn't a tablet just connect directly to NowTV?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something here?, couldn't a tablet just connect directly to NowTV?.
    Very probably if it is one of the supported devices listed on the Now TV website.

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CtwVKAS&topicKey=All&selectedTopicKey=

And here if it's an Android device

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuCKKA0&topicKey=All&selectedTopicKey=
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Yeh don't think you need a box to get it to stream on ure tablet. I was justing checking if my table wuld wrk with it?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh don't think you need a box to get it to stream on ure tablet. I was justing checking if my table wuld wrk with it?!
    It would only be an issue if you have a crappy broadband service that can't handle both the Now box and the tablet streaming a couple of movies at the same time.

Other than that neither device could care less whether the other exists or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    It would only be an issue if you have a crappy broadband service that can't handle both the Now box and the tablet streaming a couple of movies at the same time.

Other than that neither device could care less whether the other exists or not.

So doesn't really matter what laptop make it is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So doesn't really matter what laptop make it is?
    The Now TV box is a completely stand alone box that plugs into your TV and your broadband router to stream content from the Now TV service to the attached TV.

The Now TV streaming service that you can connect to using your laptop/Desktop PC/Tablet/SmartPhone or two baked bean cans and a very long bit of string :D is a separate stand alone service.

Neither of these two services requires the other. You can have a Now TV box without ever owning any kind of computing device. Similarly you can stream Now TV to a computing device (assuming it is compatible) without ever owning a Now TV box.

And equally you can have both and stream completely separate content to every device in the house if your broadband can stand the strain.