World Wrestling Entertainment Spoilers Discussion V

Comments

• gqqgqq Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    Don't some Superstars just turn up on other brands with being advertised, like Taker did when Raw was in the UK and HHH earlier this year.

Yep its totally lame, everybody appears ad hoc on each show. Everyone has fought each other a dozen times over and its just crap. I hate the word brand as well :p, its like my brand is better than yours, the supreme brand, bragging rights and all that shite lol. The whole WWE crew are a bunch of dufuses at the moment. Radical overhaul urgently needed :cool:
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Don't some Superstars just turn up on other brands with being advertised, like Taker did when Raw was in the UK and HHH earlier this year.

They do.Every now and again they try to put over the "importance" of the draft,by selling how superstars are of whatever brand.Then they turn up for the odd inter-brand match or angle.

That's why the annual draft is met with less and less interest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    jamespondo wrote: »
    They do.Every now and again they try to put over the "importance" of the draft,by selling how superstars are of whatever brand.Then they turn up for the odd inter-brand match or angle.

I cant even remember if there was a draft this year???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Just no.

I'm sure we all agree that WWE should be making more new stars, but without the brand split there'd be less impetus for that. They'd be too tempted to fall back on their established stars whenever they had doubts about one of the new breed. If you think you've seen Cena, Triple H and Orton fight each other too many times, imagine how many more old feuds they could rehash if everyone was on the same show again.

Guys like Cena, Orton, Batista, Rey, Eddie, Benoit, Edge, Jeff and Punk all benefited immensely from the brand split. Hopefully Sheamus, Kofi, Morrison, McIntyre et al will benefit too.

Good point but sorry I disagree the draft is stale and meaningless and the annual draft means nothing. The Attitude era there was no draft and it was the best era in the WWE. Theres too many wrestlers on the roster who end up stuck at midcard or fizzle out of sight.

Draft or not we're gonna see Orton, Cena, HHH etc fight each other again and again cos they are Vinces money makers.

Thats also why I suggested 2 hours of Superstars it could be 2 hours a week or interpromotional wrestling. ECW means nothing we all know Vince doesn't care about ECW.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    gqq wrote: »
    Yep its totally lame, everybody appears ad hoc on each show. Everyone has fought each other a dozen times over and its just crap. I hate the word brand as well :p, its like my brand is better than yours, the supreme brand, bragging rights and all that shite lol. The whole WWE crew are a bunch of dufuses at the moment. Radical overhaul urgently needed :cool:

Totally agree.The WWE is just as stale and lacking direction as they were in the mid 90's.Only now the shows aren't filled with squash match.They are instead filled with matches without actual storylines or excitement.
    Nothing will change though until business witnesses a decline,and right now everything is going well.
    tinky1987 wrote: »
    I cant even remember if there was a draft this year???

That's what I mean:D
    There was one but I couldn't tell you who was drafted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now i dont like to be rude but WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT??

Now I don't usually curse on the net (I use my quota in real life lol) but I was found to be using the term 'clusterf*ck' which I think about sums it up.

Appalling atrocious, diabolical - close but no cigar.

I just don't get it, such a poor show. I did like Jericho's Stewie Claus and the mega man-love aspect of the show but that was about it.

I hope to god 2010 sees some improvement.
    Forum Member

That's what I mean:D
    There was one but I couldn't tell you who was drafted.

god really.... wow.... i must have missed that
    Forum Member
    Now I don't usually curse on the net (I use my quota in real life lol) but I was found to be using the term 'clusterf*ck' which I think about sums it up.

Appalling atrocious, diabolical - close but no cigar.

I just don't get it, such a poor show. I did like Jericho's Stewie Claus and the mega man-love aspect of the show but that was about it.

I hope to god 2010 sees some improvement.

i hope u will be watchin tna final resolution tomoro on bravo??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope u will be watchin tna final resolution tomoro on bravo??

If they've still got a 6 sided ring, probably not :D I hate that damned thing!

Besides which its the works do so I'm hoping to still be propping up a bar at that time tomorrow :)

I'm gonna record it I think and have a skip through it. I really wish I could like TNA but it's just not happening for me at the moment :(
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Changes need to be made.

I get what you mean, a few years ago ('04,'05,'06), was when the daft and brand separation actually meant something. If a Superstar made an appearance on another brand it'd be rare and hyped up.

What do you guys think of the current Title set-up?

I'd like there to be one World and Womens' Champion and for it to be defended on all brands, like the Tag Titles. The other titles are doing OK, the US and IC Titles got some much needed attention this year, IMO.
    Forum Member
    If they've still got a 6 sided ring, probably not :D I hate that damned thing!

Besides which its the works do so I'm hoping to still be propping up a bar at that time tomorrow :)

I'm gonna record it I think and have a skip through it. I really wish I could like TNA but it's just not happening for me at the moment :(

honestly the ppv are alot better than iMPACT and Angle vs Wolfe three degrees of pain is a must!!!
    Forum Member
    I agree. Changes need to be made.

I get what you mean, a few years ago ('04,'05,'06), was when the daft and brand separation actually meant something. If a Superstar made an appearance on another brand it'd be rare and hyped up.

I'd like there to be one World and Womens' Champion and for it to be defended on all brands, like the Tag Titles. The other titles are doing OK, the US and IC Titles got some much needed attention this year, IMO.

i agree with the one title for world and womens! Hello by the way!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point but sorry I disagree the draft is stale and meaningless and the annual draft means nothing. The Attitude era there was no draft and it was the best era in the WWE. Theres too many wrestlers on the roster who end up stuck at midcard or fizzle out of sight.

Draft or not we're gonna see Orton, Cena, HHH etc fight each other again and again cos they are Vinces money makers.

Thats also why I suggested 2 hours of Superstars it could be 2 hours a week or interpromotional wrestling. ECW means nothing we all know Vince doesn't care about ECW.

Last time I watched ECW, it had the best storylines out of the three brands. Maybe Vince not caring about it is a good thing.
    Forum Member
    Last time I watched ECW, it had the best storylines out of the three brands. Maybe Vince not caring about it is a good thing.

pmsl:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with the one title for world and womens! Hello by the way!

It just makes the Champion stand out from the roster and bring some prestige back to the concept of the titles.

Hello! Hope you're well. :)

By the way did "The Child" watch Raw?
    If so, was "The Child" entertained?
    Forum Member
    It just makes the Champion stand out from the roster and bring some prestige back to the concept of the titles.

Hello! Hope you're well. :)

By the way did "The Child" watch Raw?
    If so, was "The Child" entertained?

The child did watch RAW and he was even telling me to skip through bits on sky+ He had an intense fear of hornswoggle for a while but now he likes him. He even says are you ready when DX comes on the screen. Bless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The child did watch RAW and he was even telling me to skip through bits on sky+ He had an intense fear of hornswoggle for a while but now he likes him. He even says are you ready when DX comes on the screen. Bless

That's nice. Reason I asked was that DX seem to be aimed at kids and I was just wondering if the kids actually like their antics. :)

The Creative Team seriously need to sort stuff out, try and cater to all demographics and actually entertain us, whether in the wrestling or on the mic.

Then again, the problem might be Vince. He could reject all the good ideas the the C.Team have and go for what he personally finds amusing. I just hope he manages to book Raw in a way we can all enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get rid of:
    World Heavyweight Championship
    ECW Championship
    Divas Championship

They had it spot on with the Undisputed Championship, the Champion defended on both shows then they bollocked it up by bringing back the World Championship which, imo, has never been as prestigious as the WWE Championship despite it meaning to be equal.

Also only need one Women's Champion who should also defend on both shows.

Lol you could be right :D
  • gqqgqq Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get rid of:
    ECW Championship
    Divas Championship

They had it spot on with the Undisputed Championship, the Champion defended on both shows then they bollocked it up by bringing back the World Championship which, imo, has never been as prestigious as the WWE Championship despite it meaning to be equal.

They need Awesome Kong!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- After Shawn Michaels issued the challenge on RAW earlier this month, it appears they are going forward with the Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker rematch at next year’s WrestleMania.

WWE has tossed around ideas recently of having names like Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho and John Cena try to break the streak at next year’s big show. The storyline between Taker and Vince on SmackDown seems to have been dropped.

Another WrestleMania 26 match still being discussed is Edge vs. Chris Jericho. Everyone is now under the impression that Edge will be back in time for WrestleMania.

Source: F4Wonline.com

- In their feud this year, John Cena and Randy Orton had 23 live event matches, 2 dark matches and 5 matches on WWE TV - 30 matches total. Out of those, John Cena won 28 and Randy Orton won 2. They also had 50 tag matches this year with 35 of those being on live events, 5 being dark matches, 10 on WWE TV and 2 where they were forced to team together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need Awesome Kong!!! :D

Haha but she would have to wrestle the men cos she'd crush the Diva's. They are so small compared to the TNA Knock Outs :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In their feud this year, John Cena and Randy Orton had 23 live event matches, 2 dark matches and 5 matches on WWE TV - 30 matches total. Out of those, John Cena won 28 and Randy Orton won 2. They also had 50 tag matches this year with 35 of those being on live events, 5 being dark matches, 10 on WWE TV and 2 where they were forced to team together.

Wow Orton had to job to Cena 28 times in one year in singles matches :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of:
    ECW Championship
    Divas Championship

I agree with the three titles. For the World Heavyweight Championship, I'd like to see a unification match between the WWE and WH Champions. I also agree on the World Title not being equivalent of the WWE Title. Having one world champion would really make the superstar stand out more and make them more profitable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Orton has to job to Cena 28 times in one year in singles matches :eek:

Yep, that sucks. I guess that's WWE's way of letting the crowd go home happy, or their idea of the crowd, anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, that sucks. I guess that's WWE's way of letting the crowd go home happy, or their idea of the crowd, anyway.

The crowd are rarely happy too see Cena :p
This discussion has been closed.