Options

breaking bad

Comments

• Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Mikay wrote: »
    I honestly think Walt has to die in the series finale.
    The whole initial premise of the show was "Man tries to make money for family as he's dying of cancer" .. I remember watching season 1 thinking "What is going to happen? Walt has terminal cancer.. there are mulitple seasons!"

I think it just wouldn't seem rounded up/complete if we didn't, as an audience, know how Walt dies (whether murder, suicide, cancer, whatever...)

Unless of course the writers pull a Laura Roslin and Holly has some magic blood.

I've always thought it would end as a morality tale with the bad guys (and that includes Walt) getting their comeuppance but the way this series has gone who knows? They may just surprise us all again. But one thing I did read is Walt tends to adopt a character trait of everyone he kills and we have seen an intro with him in a diner making a smiley face out of bacon pieces on a plate....;)
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    But one thing I did read is Walt tends to adopt a character trait of everyone he kills and we have seen an intro with him in a diner making a smiley face out of bacon pieces on a plate....;)

Old news... We now know he didn't kill Skyler before heading off to New Hampshire... Unless he comes back and kills Skyler before going to the diner to get the gun and ricin. And why would he now kill Skyler? He's did all he could to put all the blame for everything on himself during his last phonecall with her...
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The news report did mention this $28 million grant to drug abuse treatment centres. Walt might donate the money or donate it under the proviso it gets to his family which could tie in with your theory of having something over them. Maybe he'll pull a Hank DVD and threaten to say they were in on him dealing and paying for his bills if it goes to trial etc.

He might also do something to make sure that Mike's granddaughter finally gets some money. :p
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not that concerned with whether he dies or not , I think that we've yet to see Walt face a real personal tragedy , something that will completely ruin him ...

so my guess is that he's just about to .
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's certain Walt will die - whether it be the cancer, murder or suicide.

Keeping him alive will simply have people constantly asking for another series. It's Walt's story and being such a tense, dark and complex story - it needs that sort of hard closure.

I personally would LOVE for him to survive.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not that concerned with whether he dies or not , I think that we've yet to see Walt face a real personal tragedy , something that will completely ruin him ...

so my guess is that he's just about to .
    I'd say seeing his brother-in-law shot in front of him was a pretty personal tragedy. Okay, he was just his brother-in-law but they were a close family.
  • Options
    redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could there be a possibility that a few loose ends could be left untied so a movie can be made?

Highly, highly unlikely but you never know, money talks
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not.
  • Options
    TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He might also do something to make sure that Mike's granddaughter finally gets some money. :p

That is one thing i would change if i could, would be nice for her to get that nest egg.
  • Options
    TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I think it's certain Walt will die - whether it be the cancer, murder or suicide.

Keeping him alive will simply have people constantly asking for another series. It's Walt's story and being such a tense, dark and complex story - it needs that sort of hard closure.

I personally would LOVE for him to survive.

Same, i want more series, its just to good to end :(
  • Options
    Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I was until I found out it's only going to be included in the £110+ money barrel boxset and not the standard £80+ set...

I'm sure it'll end up on YouTube at some point...

they are going to charge £80 to begin with, for 62 episodes

still, I guess it is worth every penny but am thinking, will but seperate seasons except hmv 3 season set for £20 and save some dough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they are going to charge £80 to begin with, for 62 episodes

still, I guess it is worth every penny but am thinking, will but seperate seasons except hmv 3 season set for £20 and save some dough

The standard £80 box doesn't have some of the extra video content that the silly £110+ money barrel gimmick version has. It still has all of the extra content that the single blu ray series sets has, though, but specifically not the one off 2-hour behind the scenes mega documentary that Bunny82 mentioned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I really don't know about Walt, how/if he will die etc or Lydia, Todd, Skylar, the money etc but one thing I do predict and it is just a theory, is that Jesse will take his own life.

I think that as Vince Gilligan has said openly that the end will be 'sad', the likelihood is that Jesse will take his own life. He has always been a tortured soul emotionally on the show and I think the Andrea thing will have tipped him over the end.

Also...as Walt has literally done everything for nothing (including last week even totally losing the respect of Walt Jr and the family not wanting his money) I personally feel that the real reason Walt is so angry watching the Elliot/Gretchen interview is that the fact it was revealed the blue crystal was still being made meant Walt realised that someone else was cooking with Jesse, HIS partner, HIS pupil (and the student teacher thing has always been emphasised) and HIS 'son' through all of this. He may have ordered Jesse's death, but that is the point, he ordered his death, on his terms, to end the special friendhip/partnership he once had with Jesse. So I think he will not only be fuming the Meth is still being made but especially that his partner has been used...

I believe he will head out to the Aryans to deal with them and then I can see one of two scenarios playing out. Either he will find Jesse has already taken his own life or he will confront Jesse himself but Jesse will take his life in front of him. Both things that Walt would hate as I think Walt would see a big difference in someone being killed versus someone chosing to take their life. It would be a very sad and fitting ending. That literally nothing whatsoever has been left of Walt's 'empire' he built. HE caused all that tragedy.

Also...some people might point towards a smallish spoiler on the podcast where apparently someone mentioned Jesse managed to 'finally escape'in the finale and then they were quickly hushed by Vince and the Podcast host...everyone has been thinking this means he might escape the Aryans, his slavery etc.What if 'he finally escapes' means, literally, he escapes it all, suicide.

That ending would be bloody sad and I will cry (ha!) but it would also be utterly true to Breaking Bad and awesome. Especially when there have been many failed attempts at suicide througout the show. Save the best til last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kert_Rert wrote: »
    ...So I think he will not only be fuming the Meth is still being made but especially that his partner has been used... ...

Walt showed Todd how to cook his product. Walt knows that his product is still being made for Lydia and her contacts without Jesse even needing to be a part of the equation.

I still think he could be going back to take out the Nazis, to show he's different from them, that he was doing things for the best of intentions and isn't just a twisted criminal. It was the part where Gretchen was talking about how he used to be that flicked a switch...
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kert_Rert wrote: »
    I really don't know about Walt, how/if he will die etc or Lydia, Todd, Skylar, the money etc but one thing I do predict and it is just a theory, is that Jesse will take his own life.

I think that as Vince Gilligan has said openly that the end will be 'sad', the likelihood is that Jesse will take his own life. He has always been a tortured soul emotionally on the show and I think the Andrea thing will have tipped him over the end.

Also...as Walt has literally done everything for nothing (including last week even totally losing the respect of Walt Jr and the family not wanting his money) I personally feel that the real reason Walt is so angry watching the Elliot/Gretchen interview is that the fact it was revealed the blue crystal was still being made meant Walt realised that someone else was cooking with Jesse, HIS partner, HIS pupil (and the student teacher thing has always been emphasised) and HIS 'son' through all of this. He may have ordered Jesse's death, but that is the point, he ordered his death, on his terms, to end the special friendhip/partnership he once had with Jesse. So I think he will not only be fuming the Meth is still being made but especially that his partner has been used...

I believe he will head out to the Aryans to deal with them and then I can see one of two scenarios playing out. Either he will find Jesse has already taken his own life or he will confront Jesse himself but Jesse will take his life in front of him. Both things that Walt would hate as I think Walt would see a big difference in someone being killed versus someone chosing to take their life. It would be a very sad and fitting ending. That literally nothing whatsoever has been left of Walt's 'empire' he built. HE caused all that tragedy.

Also...some people might point towards a smallish spoiler on the podcast where apparently someone mentioned Jesse managed to 'finally escape'in the finale and then they were quickly hushed by Vince and the Podcast host...everyone has been thinking this means he might escape the Aryans, his slavery etc.What if 'he finally escapes' means, literally, he escapes it all, suicide.

That ending would be bloody sad and I will cry (ha!) but it would also be utterly true to Breaking Bad and awesome. Especially when there have been many failed attempts at suicide througout the show. Save the best til last.

I think if jessie took his own life infront of walt sfter walt goes back to save him it would destroy me. Id be a wreck
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I think if jessie took his own life infront of walt sfter walt goes back to save him it would destroy me. Id be a wreck

Yeah I completely agree with you. That's why I think it is going to happen. Vince has made it clear it is not a happy ending...so..I think he will leave us something to always remember.

Poor Jesse. I genuinely hope I'm wrong lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beeb item on BB sites becoming tourist attractions
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24306154
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could there be a possibility that a few loose ends could be left untied so a movie can be made?

Highly, highly unlikely but you never know, money talks
    I hope they don't go down this route. I've seen it many times before, recently with Dexter. I have a feeling that they will leave it open in some way. If they kill off Walter then Jesse will live, IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Walt showed Todd how to cook his product. Walt knows that his product is still being made for Lydia and her contacts without Jesse even needing to be a part of the equation.

I still think he could be going back to take out the Nazis, to show he's different from them, that he was doing things for the best of intentions and isn't just a twisted criminal. It was the part where Gretchen was talking about how he used to be that flicked a switch...
    He also had been reading those newspapers in his cabin and so I'd be surprised if he didn't already know about the blue meth. It did look like it had something to do with the company that caused his reaction. Not long to find out now, anyway. :p
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they were talking about BB on Newsnight last night . only caught a bit of it , but they even did the Newsnight titles in BB style .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they were talking about BB on Newsnight last night . only caught a bit of it , but they even did the Newsnight titles in BB style .

I hate all of these BB bandwagon jumpers...the amount of people who only began watching this show in its final season and now claim to be fans is incredible!
    I got up to season 4 and no one I know had even heard of BB!
    Sheep!
  • Options
    Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate all of these BB bandwagon jumpers...the amount of people who only began watching this show in its final season and now claim to be fans is incredible!
    Sheep!
    I remember watching it when it aired on 5USA. For some reason they burned off the first two seasons at 11pm at night through Xmas and New Year. I was telling everyone to sky plus it but for years like you I was the only one I know who actually watched it!

Sorry if this has been asked before but the last episode, does anyone know what time on Monday will it be available on Netflix?
  • Options
    Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Sheep!

It was truly cringeworthy as are all these lemmings. The amount of articles in the last few months is just a joke compared to 2011 & 2012.

The bint on Newsnight said she would probably watch it on her phone?

Eh - the last episode of IMO the greatest TV show ever and you are watching it on your phone?

I'm a massive fan and have watched a couple of episodes on my tablet only because I was away from home.

I got into it early 2011. What I'll be doing Monday is avoiding the internet & all possible spoilers & will be watching it in comfort on my big TV with no possible distractions.
  • Options
    kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    It was truly cringeworthy as are all these lemmings. The amount of articles in the last few months is just a joke compared to 2011 & 2012.

The bint on Newsnight said she would probably watch it on her phone?

Eh - the last episode of IMO the greatest TV show ever and you are watching it on your phone?

I'm a massive fan and have watched a couple of episodes on my tablet only because I was away from home.

I got into it early 2011. What I'll be doing Monday is avoiding the internet & all possible spoilers & will be watching it in comfort on my big TV with no possible distractions.

I know, it's kind of annoying. I know this girl who now pretends to be an expert in BB having caught up on 5 seasons in a few weeks! She wasn't even a fan until all the hype of the last season had happened!
    I was a fan since season 2, and I loved the fact that it had a cult following and not the mainstream one it now has!