Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    I don't think I've seen anyone look quite so shifty and guilty as Rob did last night. It's hard to see why the bracelet is evidence of their guilt because it was found in their back yard. Anyone could have dropped it there, and they've all picked it up and handled it, so their fingerprints/DNA would be on it anyway.

It was actually found in the ginnel, i was surprised that suddenly it was being referred to as being found in Deidre's back yard. It being right next to Deirdre's back yard makes it purely circumstantial surely? As you say, anyone could have dropped it there, the intensive house search was so OTT as to be laughable. corrie really needs to buck up its ideas, its becoming a laughing stock. :kitty:
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, producers come and go -- the writers remain and they should have some idea of continuity.

Who is the show's archivist?

I wonder if they have one now - some of the obvious inconsistencies seem to indicate they don't.
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    It was actually found in the ginnel, i was surprised that suddenly it was being referred to as being found in Deidre's back yard. It being right next to Deirdre's back yard makes it purely circumstantial surely? As you say, anyone could have dropped it there, the intensive house search was so OTT as to be laughable. corrie really needs to buck up its ideas, its becoming a laughing stock. :kitty:
    OTT it was but that was the only way they could find blood from the weapon Rob hid in the shed.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »

They said it was found in the ginnel but didn't Eccles find it under door of the old outside loo door?
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why hasn't Tracy noticed how shifty Rob looks, especially when he saw the bracelet. And seeing as it was found in the back of the ginnel, can Tracy not remember Rob lurking around the back looking shifty and tense. She surely remembers that they didn't really spend the night together.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    Pretty harsh discipline from his employers too. Suspended because of persistent lateness? More likely he would've received a verbal warning.

The forensics team at the Barlows' house: why were they wearing face masks? I thought they only wore those if looking for a dead body
    They wear those so they don't contaminate anything with their own DNA. If they find the weapon, they should only find DNA from Tina and whoever else handled it. They'd expect DNA from Tracey, Rob, Deirdre and Eccles (hardly likely to be the killer), but if they find DNA from someone else they'd need to identify it. So they'd want to exclude the search team..
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell has happened to Peter Barlow's hair??????
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Rita's foster daughter .... Sharon ????

I just can't remember if they were on good terms last time she was on the street :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone on the street is wearing t-shirts in the sun...Rita has a coat and scarf on! LOL
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As IF those bobbies would speak to three possible murder suspects simultaneously, and tell them potentially privileged info, giving them the opportunity to concoct a story to explain the bracelet's prescence away.

Mind you, still can't believe Peter was seen covered in scratches and was witnessed arguing with Tina and never has his collar felt. They have to be the worst CID officers in the history of the world! :D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Marcus resigned from his job?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Tracy, you wouldnt know a murder if you saw one.....your brother is there right under your nose!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Has Marcus resigned from his job?

He got "suspended" for being late "roll eyes"

But as he's moving (to wherever) am assuming he's given his job up. Why he cant just move to another part of Manchester and still do his job is a mystery!
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Rita's foster daughter .... Sharon ????

I just can't remember if they were on good terms last time she was on the street :confused:

As far as I can remember, Rita gave Sharon t'Kabin as a gift, then Sharon buggered off with her ex after selling the shop back to Rita. Don't think they've really spoken since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I miss something? Didnt the police say to Deirdre that they couldnt move back into the house?

Next thing is Deirdre is sorting everything out in the house
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    As far as I can remember, Rita gave Sharon t'Kabin as a gift, then Sharon buggered off with her ex after selling the shop back to Rita. Don't think they've really spoken since.

And what happened to Jenny? :confused:
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maddeh looks very neat and tidy for someone who's supposed to be living rough.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Maddeh looks very neat and tidy for someone who's supposed to be living rough.

She's not though, she's in Kevin's house with Sophie and she just had a free holiday in Cornwall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita and Lloyd's girlfriend saying they want to go to bed...its daylight! Looking at the light it must be 6pm! LOL
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused - Peter's finger prints are on the bracelet so the police have arrested Peter because they found the missing charm in the outhouse but Deirdre found the bracelet in the ginnel. It would make more sense if they found the bracelet in the outhouse and the charm in the ginnel. Maybe I heard it all wrong ...
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the heck is Adam suffering from which would require his grandfather to take care of him for a year?
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could they even get prints off a bracelet? Thought there had to be a reasonably large surface area made of a smooth material like a plastic handbag or similar?
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the heck is Adam suffering from which would require his grandfather to take care of him for a year?

And doesn't he live in Canada which, if I am correctly informed, has something akin to the NHS so Ken wouldn't need to be doing this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell has happened to Peter Barlow's hair??????

Someone in an earlier post on this thread referred to it as "floppy" which made me chuckle at the time! :D

At one point tonight his parting was slightly "the wrong side" and this, with his moustache, gave him a distinct look of Hitler! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita going along to help Steph sort out TIna's things, so they could forward them to Tina's mum......

Why the heck couldn't TIna's mum go to the flat and do this herself?! :confused:
This discussion has been closed.