You die and have to leave everything to charity

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rawr wrote: »
    Do you spend all your spare cash on charities for abused children and the elderly? If not, you do realise you're putting other things first don't you?

This thread is about having to choose a specific type of charity. Forgive me for finding it a little sad if most people prefere to help stray cats before helping each other.

The fact that I spend some of my disposable income on Dexter boxsets and wine is irelavant nonsense that has nothing to do with what the OP asked us.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Those aren't options in this particular poll though!

Me too. I would love to support all charities but I can't afford to. In real life I sponsor a child, give to disaster relief and health charities.

If there were two charity collectors standing outside Morrisons and one was collecting for animals and the other for humans I would always put the humans first!
    Maybe the poll should be simplified to two choices - animals v humans!:p

I work for a local charity and although as much money as possible goes to helping the community there are always going to be on-costs - actually I do the admin and get a salary - how terrible!!! (not a good salary admittedly!)

If we were to rely totally on non-paid staff we wouldn't be able to provide the service.

What I mean is that while not meaning to mention the main nationwide know charaties that you always see advertised on tv and we all know , and they do have vast numbers of staff getting paid decent money to run a charity in the name of charity etc using up big percentages of that charaties income etc.

What I meant to say was I'd donate to a local charity that has the bare minimum of paid staff who dont spend money on advertising or un-needed accountants, managers departement workers etc.

I can accept there is always going to be a need for paid staff to a certain extent etc. But come on what some of the bit main charaties etc pay in wages and expendature etc can be what anything upto 30% or more of there total income.

I'd give the the likes of a local private run animal rescue, childrens charites, cancer hospice, childrens support\youth centres, care and day trips for the elderly that sort of thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Quite right! Only the other day one of those nasty little children bit off a poor innocent dogs ear. :mad: Or something like that....

PS... Don't you have family to leave your money to? Can't imagion why not...

How horrible.

Strangely I have yet to encounter a bitter twisted animal.
  • yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Yet you are trying to tell people who they should and shouldn't donate to :rolleyes: Hypocritical.

i fail to see how that is hypocritical.
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Perhaps we should be able to give money to weapons research in order to kill people? Oh no, that's taxes isn't it.

So what if people want to give their money to help "yappy" little terriers instead of unholy little terrors ... It's their money.

unholy little terrors?! abuse is not a choice
    Forum Member
    Spot wrote: »
    What about adults who are abused by children? Many people suffer from the bad behavoiur of children which their parents are unwilling to correct, or incapable of doing so.

It's a sorry state of affairs indeed when the behaviour of dogs being taken for walks is generally better than that of children in public who often squeal and screech and run around out of control without being disciplined. However that is the situation we have now arrrived at in this country, and it is one reason why I have left all my money to animal and wildlife charities.

bad behaviour of children is always down to bad parenting skills.

well i dont no what planet your living on but kids are kids at the end of the day, i dont often see kids outa control unless its some chav family in the supermarket, but even then it wouldn't stop me supporting a child abuse charity. there are dogs out there who bite and kill innocent people, would that stop you donating to a dogs charity? not all dogs are like that, but not all kids are like out of control either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How horrible.

Strangely I have yet to encounter a bitter twisted animal.

Please excuse my honesty, I just couldn't help but notice that alot of the people who put animals before people had no "loved ones". Perhaps it's just coincidence? I'm neither bitter or twisted, I just need to learn to bite my tongue a bit more.

Sorry to offend anyone.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yappy wrote: »
    what is the world actually coming to?

people would rather donate to an animal charity over a child abuse charity. that is frankly disgusting.

Oooh the drama!!

:sleep::sleep::sleep:
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    Oooh the drama!!

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

its not a drama, its reality and just shows how sick and twisted peoples morals are IMO
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd give my money to human beings. Animals are for eating mostly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other.

Railway Children.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yappy wrote: »
    its not a drama, its reality and just shows how sick and twisted peoples morals are IMO

I'd donate my money to a charity to help trolls overcome their sense of inferiority.

I hope it helps...
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like dogs way better than kids so this was a no brainer for me.
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    I'd donate my money to a charity to help trolls overcome their sense of inferiority.

I hope it helps...

thats not fair, you'd only be helping yourself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    I chose domesticated animals, but in reality I'd split it between domestic and wild.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rspca