Options

The "Winston Cheer Effect" has made eviction nights exciting again.

Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
Forum Member
✭✭
Winston Cheer Effect: When the nominated housemate with the loudest cheer/girly screams ends up being the one evicted.

Winston, then David.

Also works in reverse - the person with the loudest boos is no longer an eviction cert.

I love it that the eviction crowd are so out of touch with what is really going on :D

Or are the viewers finally rewarding the bringers of the drama rather than the housemate who appears the most saintly?

Comments

• Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron was haevily booed as the winner, they've been out of touch for donkeys years :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    Aaron was haevily booed as the winner, they've been out of touch for donkeys years :cool:

Yes, it was first very noticable with Aaron so I gather (I dropped out of that series just after Harry was evicted so didn't see the final at all).
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Helen destroyed the validity of odds/polls/forum opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes...and Sam before her?

I could see Helen winning because I think the "Chris/Ashleigh/ Christopher" alliance didn't exist outside the forum and she didnpick up votes from other evicted finalist - and also that Helen was the 'anyone but Ashleigh' vote. So I could see that her winning was an outside possibility - but a possibility nonetheless.

Sam's support seem to come from nowhere. I can't speak for everyone - but I love, love, LOVE shock eviction and win results.

It does make it harder to make a little money on the betting for the flutters though.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Winston Cheer Effect: When the nominated housemate with the loudest cheer/girly screams ends up being the one evicted.

Winston, then David.

Also works in reverse - the person with the loudest boos is no longer an eviction cert.

I love it that the eviction crowd are so out of touch with what is really going on :D

Or are the viewers finally rewarding the bringers of the drama rather than the housemate who appears the most saintly?

this generally only happens with vote to save though. and has been happening for years since channel 5 took over.
    remember spiedi getting booed every week, aaron getting booed every week the list goes on.
    i simply adore the crowd having no influence on the result :D

the problem is, it encourages the thicko's on facebook to scream FIX . ''but the crowd booed him/her how did they survive eviction, its a FIX''.
    the stupidity of some people is hilarious and worrying all at the same time
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    It was really funny
  • Options
    JVB69JVB69 Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Yes...and Sam before her?

I could see Helen winning because I think the "Chris/Ashleigh/ Christopher" alliance didn't exist outside the forum and she didnpick up votes from other evicted finalist - and also that Helen was the 'anyone but Ashleigh' vote. So I could see that her winning was an outside possibility - but a possibility nonetheless.

Sam's support seem to come from nowhere. I can't speak for everyone - but I love, love, LOVE shock eviction and win results.

It does make it harder to make a little money on the betting for the flutters though.

There is also the other opinion !
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Winston, then David.

I think they were more in sink when it was a vote to evict. But its not always the case...sometimes that crowd just seem to boo people for the sake of it?
  • Options
    JVB69JVB69 Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    this generally only happens with vote to save though. and has been happening for years since channel 5 took over.
    remember spiedi getting booed every week, aaron getting booed every week the list goes on.
    i simply adore the crowd having no influence on the result :D

the problem is, it encourages the thicko's on facebook to scream FIX . ''but the crowd booed him/her how did they survive eviction, its a FIX''.
    the stupidity of some people is hilarious and worrying all at the same time

Well I would normally agree up until the worryingly overwhelming evidence this year. I don't think many of my "favourites", if any have won Big Brother as I tend to be very different to the demographic that watch/vote for Big Brother HMs. It has happened twice and I tend to get runners up or finalists. I have never cried Fix as it is just how it is. But I do have to question this summer as the background to the entry of our winner is suspect. I am not an idiot or a thicko, far from it. My alarm bells started to ring when a woman I had thought familiar from an article I had read about an up and coming chat show as Desmond's new project was awarded a pass to the final. Maybe it wasn't her....just a look a like that had a story to tell about a kiss and tell and needed PR......or a coincidence
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose theres a big difference between the numbers who support a person and the numbers who actually vote for that person. I wonder how many of the viewers actually pick up the phone?
  • Options
    peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    I suppose theres a big difference between the numbers who support a person and the numbers who actually vote for that person. I wonder how many of the viewers actually pick up the phone?

I've watched every single series - civilian, celebrity, Hijack and teen and only voted once. That was the final in 2001 when I voted for Brian to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peterstone wrote: »
    I've watched every single series - civilian, celebrity, Hijack and teen and only voted once. That was the final in 2001 when I voted for Brian to win.

I'm the same, only voted once or twice on reality series:) If it was a free vote and everyone who watched voted, I think the results could be very different.
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Helen destroyed big brother.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did laugh that the person who got the loudest cheers was the sole evictee in a five way eviction :D