Options

Real Radio's transition to Heart

Comments

• Options
    wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool DAB is also carrying adverts and news targeted at North Wales, rather than Wirral.

You'd think they could get the basics right wouldn't you?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    It changed earlier in the week

A new sound to overnights on @thisisheart - including The Time Tunnel at 2am.

It didn't really need a change in sound in my view.
  • Options
    Black BoxBlack Box Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be quite a lot of high-end distortion at times on Heart Yorkshire during networked programmes. What's it like in other regions?
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No better but that show the network shows for you ;)

It seems the number of people posting on Heart Scotland FB is well down today.
  • Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    It changed earlier in the week

A new sound to overnights on @thisisheart - including The Time Tunnel at 2am.

Giving the listener more music variety with the launch of heart 80s soon.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »

Really will this possibly be on DAB, say Digital 1?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    The Yorkshire lot seem to be blurting on about Gayle again, I honestly think that most of the former Real Radio Yorkshire listeners must be Labour voters as they seem to think its OK to dictate who is on at breakfast time. Its getting boring, they need to accept change and get over it or better still retune.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member

Can you post a link to this information or is it just more opinion presented as fact?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut6 wrote: »
    Can you post a link to this information or is it just more opinion presented as fact?

As if I could post a link without Global releasing a press release first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As if I could post a link without Global releasing a press release first!

So it's opinion presented as fact then. Thought so!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut6 wrote: »
    So it's opinion presented as fact then. Thought so!

In YOUR opinion it is YES.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In YOUR opinion it is YES.

So Heart 80s is definitely fact then? How do you know about it? What else can you tell us about it?
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member

Even if it isn't true, there's been a rumour of a Heart Extra station like the Capital one, Heart 80's would be a logical choice as they seem most fixated in the 80's, for anyone saying use Absolute 80's as a replacement for All 80's, All Night, that doesn't work, as Heart plays all the power pop and chart classics, and Absolute isn't quite that sort of playlist. A Heart 80's digital station would therefore work quite well, I wouldn't be surprised to see it, or maybe a Club Classics one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Yorkshire lot seem to be blurting on about Gayle again, I honestly think that most of the former Real Radio Yorkshire listeners must be Labour voters as they seem to think its OK to dictate who is on at breakfast time. Its getting boring, they need to accept change and get over it or better still retune.

I couldn't agree more. It's about time they unliked the page, found another radio station and moved on with their lives, just as Gayle will be dusting herself off and moving on with her career.

I can't believe they're so deluded they think a huge company will reverse a key decision based on the opinions of a few frankly quite disturbing obsessives on social media.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Steve Buck wrote: »
    I can't believe they're so deluded they think a huge company will reverse a key decision based on the opinions of a few frankly quite disturbing obsessives on social media.
    And I can't believe your being so judgemental over people sticking up for their own opinions, people fight for things they believe in, that's what happens in this world get over it and a few complaints? there has been thousands if not hundreds of complains on all of the different Real regions Facebook pages. Just because to you The Only Way Is Heart doesn't mean everybody else has the same opinion and who knows? Maybe if they do keep fighting and the ratings fall Global might feel the need to make some changes. But for the time being stop being so pathetic just because people have different opinions from yourself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Looks as if there's a bit of a location mix up on the Capital websites for North Wales and North West, and the wrong output is being played.

On the website and app audio for Wirral there's adverts for the Wrexham/Chester areas along with news bulletins that contain Welsh items, whilst on the website and app audio for Wrexham/Chester area, there's Wirral ads and news bulletins that contain Wirral/Merseyside items. Its been like this for the last few days!!!

I hope its not like this on whats being transmitted on FM, otherwise Wirral and Wrexham/Chester are getting the wrong output ;-)

Looks as if the mix up has been fixed, Wrexham/Chester output going out on the Wrexham/Chester app and ads/news meant for the Wirral now going out on the Wirral app
  • Options
    leddersledders Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it isn't true, there's been a rumour of a Heart Extra station like the Capital one, Heart 80's would be a logical choice as they seem most fixated in the 80's, for anyone saying use Absolute 80's as a replacement for All 80's, All Night, that doesn't work, as Heart plays all the power pop and chart classics, and Absolute isn't quite that sort of playlist. A Heart 80's digital station would therefore work quite well, I wouldn't be surprised to see it, or maybe a Club Classics one.

This might explain why certain DJs haven't got gigs on the new heart stations.

In particular, David Heane and Jo Lloyd. There has still been no official word as to where both of them are going to end up.
  • Options
    Black BoxBlack Box Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Buck wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. It's about time they unliked the page, found another radio station and moved on with their lives, just as Gayle will be dusting herself off and moving on with her career.

Exactly. Judging by some of the comments on Heart Yorkshire's Facebook page, they make it sound like Global owe then something. It's completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    ledders wrote: »

In particular, David Heane and Jo Lloyd. There has still been no official word as to where both of them are going to end up.

I don't think Jo Lloyd will need to worry about living in poverty put it that way. As for David who knows but I wouldn't expect to hear him on Heart because he would be part of the lineup if that was the plan.
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to ask how different would the play list be, between Heart 80s and Absolute 80s ?
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jo is on Smooth North West on Sunday afternoons. She did drive time for a week on Smooth East Midlands last month as well.
  • Options
    andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely Glen Hunt would also be perfect for it, given how his detractors keep saying he's like a cheesy 80s DJ, no?! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the Heart NW TV advert just before Paul OGradys, For the love of dogs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jo can be found on Hearts sister station, Smooth! She's been on there well before the Real rebrand.

http://www.smoothradio.com/northwest/shows-presenters/sunday-afternoon/
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Box wrote: »
    Exactly. Judging by some of the comments on Heart Yorkshire's Facebook page, they make it sound like Global owe then something. It's completely ridiculous.

They be too busy trying to buy Lincs FM to notice what's on Facebook.